The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Make your own Feather Flowers ? (books?) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2328 Posts

Profile of David Todd
Are there any books on how to make Feather Flower bouquets?

I posted some questions about the version of
"The Fastest Trick in the World" currently being sold by Hank Lee and Hocus Pocus at this forum:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/archive1/vie......29&1

Some concern was expressed on another board about the durability of the Tora Magic version of "Fastest Trick in the World," i.e. would the flowers hold up to the repeated stress of being vanished in this manner?

Is the Tora version as durable as the versions from Marshall and Owens?

This leads me to ask my question about making my own feather flowers.

If I could make my own flowers from feathers or silk then I would be able to replace worn flowers for this trick (Fastest Trick in the World) or make feather flowers for other effects.

A pet peeve of mine is that most feather flowers put the emphasis on FEATHERS not FLOWERS. They look like garish, psychedelic feather dusters instead of real flowers.

I don't know why this must be. I've seen very realistic flowers made of silk and from feathers available in craft and decorating stores. They are not thin or compressible enough to be used for most magical feather flower applications, but got me thinking that there is no reason that realistic feather/silk flowers can not be made for magical purposes.

I am just looking for an instructional book or pamplet to get me started.

Anyone know?
martini
View Profile
Special user
delta, pennsylvania
548 Posts

Profile of martini
Greetings Dai;
take a look in a book called "The Magic of Reidell" by James Klein. It is a great history of Clint Reidell, as a performer in the Maryland, Pennsylvania, Jersey area from years past and his life as a magic manufacturer. He also details making feather flowers in about the most detail that you will ever find. H & R books may still have it in stock.
Marty
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Make your own Feather Flowers ? (books?) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL