The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » T.U.C Tango Ultimate Coin (48 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..19..32..45..58..71..72~73~74 [Next]
dsalley13
View Profile
Elite user
465 Posts

Profile of dsalley13
DP,

I sent you a PM. No worries. A rebuild is easy and Mr. Tango has just what you need to do it for a very low price. ($1.00 USD)

dsalley13
mwmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
262 Posts

Profile of mwmagic
Tango really seems to be in the News lately, with lots of favourable posts about their products. So I had a look at the TUC video in detail. The video runs a bit fast and is not the best quality. The effects look great, but sometimes the dollar coin looks 'thinner' than the rest of the coins. For this reason I have avoided the Split coin/Super coin. For those that own TUC, need I worry about this feature? Is it less preceptable for 3 Fly where coins are 'front on' than say matrix?
dsalley13
View Profile
Elite user
465 Posts

Profile of dsalley13
MW

You can't set a whole "Split-Coin" down on a mat (at normal working distance, seated) unless the spec.'s angle of view is extremely steep. You'd need a very low table and have the specs sitting on normal chairs or standing. Otherwise, they will see the split that goes all the way around.

You can easily do this with a T.U.C. at almost eye-level, no severe angle needed. The secondary part of the T.U.C. is thin. It would have to be to do what it does, but it can be easily worked around by not flashing the edge when it's naked. You can flash it a bit, because it has milled edges, but I would never lay it down next to the Primary part of the gaff or any natural coin unless I was working with a similar steep viewing angle as needed by a "Split-Coin". I move it quickly from the table so the spec.s can't see that the diameter is a bit smaller than normal.

All of these things we have taught ourselves to do since we started using gaffed coins. I try to keep things in motion and that always has solved the problem for me.

dsalley13
mwmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
262 Posts

Profile of mwmagic
Thanks dsalley, that has helped me understand.
dsalley13
View Profile
Elite user
465 Posts

Profile of dsalley13
I think I might be using the wrong terminology. When I say the edge of the secondary coin is milled all around. I mean it has those notches (a representation of them actually) or little flutes(?) that enable you to grip USA half-dollar coins (quarters, dimes and silver dollar sized too). If someone will please tell me the correct term, that would be great.

Thanks

dsalley13
mike storz
View Profile
Inner circle
Orange, CT
1353 Posts

Profile of mike storz
Hello!

Just because I had some free time on my hands tonight. Lol!

The edge runs around the entire circumference of the coin, and is the portion that has the reeding on it if it's a dime or quarter dollar. The edge is plain on pennies and nickels.

Definition: The reeded edge of a coin is the series of grooved lines that encircle the perimeter of some U.S. coins, such as the dime and quarter.
Examples: The reeded edge was originally added to coins to prevent clipping and counterfeiting.

Hope that helps. Smile
dsalley13
View Profile
Elite user
465 Posts

Profile of dsalley13
Reeding! Yes, that's the word I've been looking for. Thank you.

dsalley13
Cyberqat
View Profile
Inner circle
You can tell I work on the net from my
2209 Posts

Profile of Cyberqat
My experience is that the secondary coin looks fine shown to people or on a table top.

What I wouldn't do (which I tried to do in my first attempt at a routine) is hand it to someone. My wife spotted that it felt a bit thin.
It is always darkest just before you are eaten by a grue.
mike storz
View Profile
Inner circle
Orange, CT
1353 Posts

Profile of mike storz
Quote:
On 2009-09-01 08:24, dsalley13 wrote:
Reeding! Yes, that's the word I've been looking for. Thank you.

dsalley13

You're welcome! Glad to help. Smile
mwmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
262 Posts

Profile of mwmagic
Cyberqat

"My experience is that the secondary coin looks fine shown to people or on a table top"

Are you referring to the dollar version or penny half dollar version here?
dsalley13
View Profile
Elite user
465 Posts

Profile of dsalley13
Quote:
On 2009-09-02 07:21, mwmagic wrote:
Cyberqat

"My experience is that the secondary coin looks fine shown to people or on a table top"

Are you referring to the dollar version or penny half dollar version here?

The Half-dollar is what I have so far. I don't have an "Ike" version of the T.U.C. yet. That is coming soon. I special-ordered a copper/copper English penny size too. That's going to keep me busy trying to routine the use of the T.U.C. gaff/coins. So many possibilities!

I recently bought a silver-dollar sized Okito box from Epiphany (formerly of RNT2) and I'm dying to try it with a T.U.C. "Ike" in the mix. If it works as easily as the half-dollar version, it will be the first time I will actually use silver-dollar sized coins. My very small hand size has made that impossible so far in my Magical pursuits. It takes 3-1/2 of my fingers to do a finger-palm with a silver dollar. Classic palming is out of the question. The T.U.C. "Ike" may just might make using silver-dollars possible for for me.

dsalley13
magicman1
View Profile
Inner circle
1183 Posts

Profile of magicman1
Any other reviews on this?
Thanks

Don
Desmond67
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of Desmond67
I love TUC Ike, this is really and advance in coin magic. I didn't use my expanded shell and my flipper since I have this coin.
ian22202
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of ian22202
I just got my set a few days ago (dollar version). I am pleased with the set. It is good quality, and a clever gimmick. Moreover the DVD that comes with the set is quite complete in its coverage of the coin and how to use it. Some clever thinking in there. Because the T.U.C. is a somewhat different gaff it will take a bit of practice on my part to become comfortable with it. But, I think it will come quite quickly.

My only complaint is that I now also want a half-dollar set, lol!

Now that I'm thinking about it I think I'd also like to see a set released in the current "gold" dollar format. But from a technical point of view, that might not be an easy task.
lithyem
View Profile
Veteran user
San Diego, CA
306 Posts

Profile of lithyem
I have a Morgan TUC coming - sent Mr Tango the coins myself which he gaffed for me. Excited to see it!
Mr. Tango
View Profile
Elite user
Argentina
465 Posts

Profile of Mr. Tango
Dear Ian,

We could make TUC in gold dollar, but is this coin available for the current use in USA ?
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1786 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
I think what Ian is speaking of is the new "gold" colored dollar coin. They are available in the US. You don't see them too often, unless you ask for them at a bank.

As I recall, they are larger than a quarter, but smaller than a half dollar.

Sammy
Sammy J. Teague
HaraldM
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of HaraldM
Hi there,

I am new to coin trickery as well as to this forum, so I first want to say "hello".
I came here because I was searching for some information about the TUC which I saw on the Internet. For me as a student it is quite expensive, that's why I would like to know before WHAT I really buy.

I have a Scotch and Soda Coinset by Tango and am satisfied so far. But I would like to advance.

I always only read that the TUC is beautiful but I still do not know, WHAT it really is - is it a flipper coin? Or magnetic shell? Can perform serveral tricks directly after a first trick? I mean, the Scotch and Soda trick can only be performed once, than you have to reset it.

Would very appreciate some information on that!

Thank you so much!
lithyem
View Profile
Veteran user
San Diego, CA
306 Posts

Profile of lithyem
Hi Harald - I think you are going to be hard-pressed to get that kind of secret from the Café here. In general it's considered bad form to request the secret of a gaff or an effect. I understand your hesitation but I think the best advice would be to have a look at the video from Mr Tango (on his site) and watch the effects he does with the TUC. If they look like things you'd be interested in performing, it might be a good purchase for you. From what I hear it's a very versatile gimmick.
Hope that helps.
Michael
HaraldM
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of HaraldM
Ok, I see. Sorry for asking. Did not know it. Well, I now ordered the 2 EURO version for 80 euros, which is very, very expensive. I hope, it is worth paying that much.
Especially for people like me that do not earn money with it but just do it for fun, it would be very helpful to know a little bit more as I always try to avoid buying the same effect twice or three times.
So, I think it arrives on Monday and then we'll see...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » T.U.C Tango Ultimate Coin (48 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..19..32..45..58..71..72~73~74 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL