The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » New from Taylor Imagineering: ALONE! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..9..13..17..21..25..27~28~29 [Next]
Colin
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1355 Posts

Profile of Colin
If you've done what I think you've done you are yet again one smart cookie! Smile

Keep kicking ass Christopher!

Col.
Check out Psych-Artist.com now for free essays and other resources.
Looch
View Profile
Inner circle
Off by
3353 Posts

Profile of Looch
I think someone will eat their words when they see what ALONE can really do...

Ever wanted to tell someone their pin # or passcode ? I've been using ALONE for months and that's exactly what I've been doing with it. That, amongst a whole load of other incredible things!
Mentalism Products: https://www.readmymind.co.uk/ Learn Mentalism with the Pro's: https://www.mymind.rocks
dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2261 Posts

Profile of dmoses
That's right... everybody keep moving... nothing to see here.

dave
"You're a comedian. You wanna do mankind a service, tell funnier jokes."
TPR by Dave Moses and Iain Dunford
T-shirts for Magicians and Mentalists
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
First of all I don't think the "which hand" use of ALONE was weak.

On the contrary it was well routined (think about the other subtleties used and you will see what I mean).

Having said that, it was not my cup of tea (but neither is any child's play or similar device since I can achieve that by other means).

But think about telling someone their PIN NUMBER or finding an OBJECT HIDDEN into a room, without codes or stooges...

This possibility alone has many applications for some experiments I do with a pendulum...

If I were you, I would run to reserve my ALONE right now...
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2708 Posts

Profile of kinesis
OMG!!! I can see a LOT of potential with this gem. Keep the videos coming Christopher.
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein

FACEBOOK
markthorold
View Profile
Inner circle
Shrunken heads atop
1942 Posts

Profile of markthorold
Chris , will you be bringing a unit to demo on the Uk lectures ?
Regards Mark
E.O.I
Mystical Matthew
View Profile
Elite user
468 Posts

Profile of Mystical Matthew
Right... I think a lot of you are missing my point...

First off, I'm not here to argue about the originality of the effect. Just about everything in magic is a variation of another. There are multiple ways to tear and restore a newspaper, but Gene Anderson's is pretty much the best there is.

Likewise there are numerous ways to discover the location of a PK Ring or other similar item. Child's Play is pretty much the best there is.

Bottom line... A watch or a hidden wire is infinitely more covert than a wad of business cards...

Child's Play isn't limited to the "Which Hand?" effect either. The functionality of the two products is essentially the same.

I really hope that I'm proven wrong, but right now I really believe I can accomplish any effect possible with this thing just as well or better with my Child's Play...
markthorold
View Profile
Inner circle
Shrunken heads atop
1942 Posts

Profile of markthorold
Matt , enjoy yor Childs Play ( very nice iten btw Ron , if your reading ) I own one myself . Im going to check out Christophers item as well ,it never hurts to own more than one method to achieve an effect and Chris' items are superb .
Mark
E.O.I
Mystical Matthew
View Profile
Elite user
468 Posts

Profile of Mystical Matthew
As I said... I hope I'm proven wrong. Right now it looks like the method's are pretty much identical...
markthorold
View Profile
Inner circle
Shrunken heads atop
1942 Posts

Profile of markthorold
Each to their own Matt, each method with its own merit. I have a feeling that Chris's DVD of additional ideas will give this the edge over other items as he puts together an excellent package. Some of the rivals give you the effect alone and maybe one effect, and lets face it, there are plenty of buyers out there who don't have a great amount of creativity to enable them to think of alternative routines for the item. I'm sure it will do well.
Best Wishes. Mark
E.O.I
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

Quote:
On 2009-09-09 18:05, Mystical Matthew wrote:

Child's Play isn't limited to the "Which Hand?" effect either. The functionality of the two products is essentially the same.

I really believe I can accomplish any effect possible with this thing just as well or better with my Child's Play...

Now I feel cheated.... Smile

:lol:
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
PsiDroid
View Profile
Inner circle
2164 Posts

Profile of PsiDroid
This comment:

Quote:
On 2009-09-08 21:02, Eric Samuels wrote:

there are those who continue to rehash old ideas, adding a new touch here or there, and then there are the few who pave entirely new paths, one of whom is most certainly and consistently, Christopher Taylor.

And this comment:

Quote:
On 2009-09-09 18:05, Mystical Matthew wrote:

I can accomplish any effect possible with this thing just as well or better with my Child's Play...

do not match: either the thing is a new concept or is a rehash of old ideas: can't be both !!

One of you is either lying or don't know what he is talking about.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
ALONE is how DB did his trick and its release right now is brilliant!!! Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

Psychic Samurai,

This would be the best marketing plot one could come up with... Smile

Psidroid,

I understand what you say, but if I had to take sides, guess which of the two posters I would believe? Smile
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Now what?

j
Chad C.
View Profile
Inner circle
1522 Posts

Profile of Chad C.
I enjoyed the video - very nice routine!
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2315 Posts

Profile of Christopher Taylor
Hmm. You have seen the comment from Andy Nyman. Stay tuned for comments from other performers who have played with this, such as Jeff McBride (he DEFINITELY knows what he is talking about).

All the best,

Christopher
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

www.taylorimagineering.com

MAKING MENTALISM MORE IMPOSSIBLE
Tony Chris
View Profile
V.I.P.
Vancouver, Canada
714 Posts

Profile of Tony Chris
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to add my two bits here. I have had the pleasure of being a part of seeing the wonderful development of Alone from my buddies Chris and Matt for over a year.

I can tell you all that it is something VERY SPECIAL!!!

Yes they are my buddies and yes I have contributed some of the goodies for their wonderful Alone effect and helped them film Alone all over Vancouver in all kinds of live situations, BUT please do not think for a moment that this is something that is a rehash of something else.

The things you can do with Alone are unsurpassed by anything out there of this nature. This goes well beyond any type of one trick wonder for anyone out there who thinks that is what Alone might be. I have been using my Alone for a long time and laypeople and magicians alike are left speechless. I know because I have used it on both very informed magi and even more paying customers in my corporate work and adult show private parties.

There is a very good reason why this release is called Alone and I am sure that when Chris and Matt introduce a new demo every week, you will see what I mean.

I haven't done a whole lot of mentalism much in the last 7 years but Alone is the spark I have been waiting for, for many years. It is with me always when I head out for a gig and I also use it loads when I am just out and about in everyday life as I never know who I will be standing in line with, or waiting to wow with a miracle that may lead to a future booking.

Bring on the videos fellas!!!
Tony
As magicians we create what onlookers call magic. If they truly believe in what we have created for them to witness then magic is real!!!

- TONY CHRIS, A.K.A. Zany Zack

http://www.tonychris.com
Hogle
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
133 Posts

Profile of Hogle
It is very interesting to see all the different possibilities with this thing.
I'm really looking forward to this one. Smile

Greetings from Germany
Daniel
jjsanvert
View Profile
Special user
Paris, France
581 Posts

Profile of jjsanvert
I repeat: this is very, very clever. I want one the soonest possible.
JJS
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » New from Taylor Imagineering: ALONE! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..9..13..17..21..25..27~28~29 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL