The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » New from Taylor Imagineering: ALONE! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12~13~14~15~16..27~28~29 [Next]
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2315 Posts

Profile of Christopher Taylor
It was actually quite a nightmare. In the middle of processing the shipment, the Post Office computer system crashed and took over an hour to come back up. We had to start again. Then it crashed again! Four hours later, they were all done. Talk about customer service! Well all's well that ends well. Cheers.

Christopher
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

www.taylorimagineering.com

MAKING MENTALISM MORE IMPOSSIBLE
Sid Helkule
View Profile
Inner circle
Australia
1481 Posts

Profile of Sid Helkule
I would like to announce publicly that Nathan Pain did in fact 'promise' to chip in for the beer but I am yet to see any money. I did receive an email where he promised me a special dance in lieu of said money, but I declined because he wears a funny hat and has a tendency to produce the 3 of clubs at inappropriate times...

In all seriousness thanks guys for getting those out a week early, superb service! It's not often that a pre-ordered item ships ahead of schedule, and for that I thank you.

Will post thoughts when it arrives.

As you were.
mattjohnson
View Profile
Elite user
Canada
451 Posts

Profile of mattjohnson
Hi Nathan,

I will not be announcing exactly whose ALONE I stole ;o) The winner (or loser I guess) will find out soon enough. I guess you could call it an ALONE Russian Roulette of sorts :o)

To Luke & everyone else we are thrilled that we could ship the ALONE pre-order units a week ahead of schedule, just a small thank you to all for your support.

Enjoy!

Matt Johnson
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Quote:
On 2009-10-31 10:17, mattjohnson wrote:
... So to be honest I have no idea what the post office said?

I think it said let me ALONE. Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2825 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
Luke,

My "dances" are worth every penny...I am truly insulted.

Nathan
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2445 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
If you look real close at the box Matt is holding, you can see my name on it,And if you listen very close you can hear Christopher saying my name, By the way, for those who may not know, Chris has an amazing book called "Inside Out" loaded with awesome effects, but , in my opinion , the best and easiest coin bend I have seen, I don't know Chris , I'm just a customer who found a great book.
Tacoking74
View Profile
New user
Norway
28 Posts

Profile of Tacoking74
I don`t post a lot, but this time I feel like a 10 years old kid. Why???
I have just ordered ALONE and can`t wait! Smile
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2315 Posts

Quote:
On 2009-11-01 11:44, dave wrote:
By the way, for those who may not know, Chris has an amazing book called "Inside Out" loaded with awesome effects, but , in my opinion , the best and easiest coin bend I have seen, I don't know Chris , I'm just a customer who found a great book.

Dave: Thank you. My non-electronic material sometimes gets overshadowed by products like ALONE, so I appreciate the kind words. Cheers.

Christopher
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

DT3
View Profile
Inner circle
Hill Valley
1920 Posts

Profile of DT3
Post Deleted. Sorry, was trying to post on an entirely different thread.

But while I'm here, are these being posted from Canada? And if so, when mine gets to Florida, will the "Hot/Cold" effect still work? Or will it need to be reversed?
mattjohnson
View Profile
Elite user
Canada
451 Posts

Profile of mattjohnson
Don,

If you live in Florida I may just mail myself in the box, I love Florida! It has to have been 18 years since I was in Florida.

By the way, yes you will have to reverse the Hot/Cold effect (obviously) ;o)

Can I also say, even though Christopher & I are close friends his non electronic material is really great. After just being on tour with Christopher I had the pleasure of watching him perform & lecture on his non electronic material & it is very good stuff. You should ask him about his Any Card at Any Number (not published in full yet).

TacoKing74, I know what you mean. I always get that same excited feeling on Christmas Eve, hey that's coming up soon........yeah!

Cheers,

Matt Johnson
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2315 Posts

Wow! I recently sent off some AONE units for MindVention and then a sudden run of orders came in and we are sold out! We will continue to honour the pre-order price until November 10th but will not be able able to ship any more until about the middle of the month. Cheers.

Christopher
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

mattjohnson
View Profile
Elite user
Canada
451 Posts

Profile of mattjohnson
Hi All,

OK, their has been a change of plan on the pre-sale price offered by Taylor Imagineering on ALONE.

The pre-sale for ALONE is now over as of this post!

ALONE is now being sold by Hocus-Pocus & Alakazam. In order to be fair to the retailers we have to remove the pre-sale price from the Taylor Imagineering website.

For all those that have already pre-ordered an ALONE unit your orders will be honored at the pre-sale price.

ALONE is now offered at the regular retail price of $300 US + shipping & can be purchased through Hocus-Pocus, Alakazam & Taylor Imagineering.

Thank you again for all your support & both Christopher & I apologize for any confusion this change to the pre-sale date may cause.

Cheers,

Matt Johnson
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
I personally think the pre-sale price should be honored as it has been mentioned so many times throughout the Café. A lot of people are counting on you to keep your word. I am wanting to pick up one of these Smile
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2315 Posts

This is a matter of trying to be fair to as many people as possible and comes from doing people the favour of shipping things out early. Anyway, as Matt said we WILL honour all pre-orders made to date. If anyone, including you lunatik, has a genuine problem with this situation please PM me and I will do my best to sort you out personally. Cheers.

Christopher
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

Mr. Mindbender
View Profile
Inner circle
1566 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mindbender
More proof that a good deed never goes unpunished.
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2445 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
You had a lot of time with this pre-order, how long should a company keep a lower price for, they need the profit to keep making great product, R&D is huge, then advertising, and on occasion they put some food on the table too.
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
I fully understand Dave, kinda
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2445 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
That's funny, Thanks, but I'm not sure I fully understand.
Justin Lewis
View Profile
Special user
981 Posts

Profile of Justin Lewis
Ordering mine tomorrow!
“The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it.”- Anonymous
swiss_magician
View Profile
Regular user
Switzerland
161 Posts

Profile of swiss_magician
Hum, oh well...I must admit that I sometimes plan a "schedule" of purchases for props, books, etc... in order not to have too much money disappearing at the same time from my bank account, depending on a timing parameter (this product this month, that product next month,...). Then I have a naïve tendency to trust the deadlines provided by the sellers to plan my purchases when there are some pre-order offers...

Being fair to the retailers instead of being fair to the customer? Now THAT is an interesting concept...I should think a little more about it Smile

M.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » New from Taylor Imagineering: ALONE! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12~13~14~15~16..27~28~29 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL