The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Best Outlaw effect ? (86 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2621 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Quote:
On Nov 7, 2015, gothicmagic wrote:
(blaming us is right up there with a normal Magic convention not allowing Bizarrists as in someones opinion "they are all satanists")

I don't recall "blaming" anyone, Vlad.
AND, this IS an outlaw thread, after all.
Just sayin. . .
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
gothicmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Ubiquitous
1374 Posts

Profile of gothicmagic
If I had meant you, I would have said so (I have no issues laying cards on the table)
and I'm just defending something I created, where there are no sponsors,etc..
None of us are paid or reimbursed for our time or performances
so I'm just putting out there keep on track and we are all good
Vlad ^0^
One of The Founding Fathers of The East Coast Spirit Sessions & Co Producer of Bizarre hauntings
ECSS I,II,III,IV,V,VI
Order of the Hexidic
reese
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell
1332 Posts

Profile of reese
In regards to ECSS, I wish I had the scratch to go; I would enjoy all'a y'alls company and I know you would enjoy mine. Maybe next year... And my favorite Outlaw effects? Besides the wooden electronic thangs, I really like Cody's Dark Dawn Tarot & 13 Ghosts.
magicianroger
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of magicianroger
I agree with Vlad 100% we try to make our customers happy and bring in vendors that most of our customers never get to see and they have thanked us .
fregis
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of fregis
One year ago I ordered a Spiritus Magnus Standard Carrying Case, to have it for Halloween...

"Please allow 7-10 days to ship"... Hey... at least he's got a real sense of humor

Even better (august the 5th) " It will be either saturday or Monday and I'll have tracking for you"...Reading that now I understand it was a joke I didn't get at the time (i am not american, and I don't always get the subtulties of a foreign language)

I have got one other gold nugget: "The case is shipping next week and you will have it by mid-september. You will have a good halloween. Smile " (notice the smile...that's when I understood it was the longuest-best-joke I even heard of...)

I've got many more but I am not a very good joke teller. This would'nt do justice.

Don't get me wrong please. I love his work so much that he had to do the same awsome-jaw-dropping-long-lasting-shipping-joke-trick two other times previously...That's how much I love his work.
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
With how things are these days, why is outlaw still using batteries?
It would really be the bee's wax if we could just plug in our Hobbs or dark board into an UBS port in a computer or wall outlet. Yes?

Ray
Winks
View Profile
Special user
Arizona
753 Posts

Profile of Winks
You are kidding, right? "See my wonderful OLD Hobbs box? Oh, excuse me while I plug it in." Yeah, sure.
fredr500
View Profile
Loyal user
Cary, NC
287 Posts

Profile of fredr500
I assume he means it should have rechargeable batteries that you charge by plugging into USB port.

But I disagree, I'd rather put on fresh batteries than worry if it is charged or not.
--------------------------------
Check out Funeral Sampler and over 200 reviews http://rosemagic.com
Author of The Sweet Psychic, http://thesweetpsychic.com
ECSS I, II, III IV, and V alumnus
PEA Member, IBM and SAM Life Member
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2621 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Quote:
On Nov 20, 2015, Magical Dimensions wrote:
With how things are these days, why is outlaw still using batteries?
It would really be the bee's wax if we could just plug in our Hobbs or dark board into an UBS port in a computer or wall outlet. Yes?
Ray

Bees wax? UBS port (it's USB)? REALLY??

Come on, Ray. . .

Gotta agree with Winks on this one
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
Lo Pan
View Profile
Special user
Haven't slept in weeks - but I now have
769 Posts

Profile of Lo Pan
I think Ray meant that it might be rechargeable, similar to the new version of the Ceseral Spirit Bell.
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Outlaw Effects, news letter was received today, via email.
Several, of the items on these pages marked favs. are on "Flash Sale" and marked 'In Stock' ! Smile
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Quote:
On Nov 20, 2015, Lo Pan wrote:
I think Ray meant that it might be rechargeable, similar to the new version of the Ceseral Spirit Bell.

Lo Pan, yes you got it. That was exactly what I meant....

But for some of the others here.... Wow, you guys do not think outside of the box. I just took it for granted that you would GET what I meant. So much for assuming. So, yes, I meant that you would charge the unit and then unplug it from the USB port. Now remove the item that was just charged AWAY from the USB port. Now when you are ready to use the charged item such as a Hobbs box, you make sure that it is NOT attached to the charging device (computer/outlet). You want to use ONLY the item itself in performance.

The USB charging would take the place of having to buy and use batteries. So the USB option is a better method than using batteries that would only find their way to a landfill in the end.

I hope that I have explained what I meant a little better than I did in my last post. Then again maybe not.

Winks, you asked if I was kidding......Uhhhhhhh ....no I wasn't. I thought that you would have known what I meant. But I guess not. Totally my fault for not explaining it 100% and breaking it down. Sorry...

Best
Ray
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Quote:
On Nov 20, 2015, Godzilla wrote:
Outlaw Effects, news letter was received today, via email.
Several, of the items on these pages marked favs. are on "Flash Sale" and marked 'In Stock' ! Smile

Could not edit, before another post was made.

And, many use no batt's ... Smile

~G
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Magical Dimensions, you are spot on. However, batteries...while old school...have been around for A LOT longer than the fickle, ever-changing technology we have today. While USB would offer many advantages, including space, how long will that technology last before we need to buy adapters, and then dismiss the prop altogether?

I guess that may always be the problem with technology-reliant props. They will always eventually be victims of progress. Anverdi anyone?
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Winks
View Profile
Special user
Arizona
753 Posts

Profile of Winks
I got it now Ray. I just turned 65 today so I am a little slower on the uptake than I was yesterday. Having a recharging port would be nice.
Taveren001
View Profile
Regular user
Pennsylvania
174 Posts

Profile of Taveren001
Happy belated Birthday Wniks! 🍻🎂🍷🤗
Winks
View Profile
Special user
Arizona
753 Posts

Profile of Winks
Thanks. Reminding me though is like reliving a bad horror movie! Nah, not really. Thanks.
George Hunter
View Profile
Inner circle
2017 Posts

Profile of George Hunter
I recently ordered the Luna trilogy from Outlaw. it arrived promptly, in excellent condition, within several days.

George
kcalB
View Profile
Special user
Took me 16 years to make
999 Posts

Profile of kcalB
I own Curtains and have built and performed a full evening Séance show around it.

Its a beautifully made and versatile item.

http://www.sebastiansaintmichael.com/an-......nor.html

However I am moving on, and will be putting it up for sale soon.
"Klaatu barada nikto"

Former Member of P.E.A.
Creator of The Clearly Q&A Board

Alumni
ECSSI
ECSSII
ECSSIII
ECSSIV
ECSSV
BizarreHauntingsI
gibby357
View Profile
Veteran user
The Woodlands, TX
344 Posts

Profile of gibby357
I do not own many OE but my favorite (which no one mentioned) is the Jinn Box. Wishes are very very very powerful and to build a reading around one can bring some folks to tears. It also looks *** good! I love it!

Leo
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Best Outlaw effect ? (86 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL