The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Masked Magician on Street Magic ReRun (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
Redress the tricks. I find that ashes on arm can be redressed and the average person never thinks it's possible anyway other then what they've seen. THEIR NOT MAGICIANS. They think as lay people do.
mastermagician91
View Profile
New user
USA-CT
39 Posts

Profile of mastermagician91
BTW, for TV listings of magic on TVm, you can go to ellusionist which only helps a tiny bit, tvmagicguide.com which shows most magic on TV throughout every week. Or if you wish you can go to tvguide.com and search for magic or magicians on TV and it will show you a large amount of the listings.

Hope that helps,
Ricky
"Magic is not always magic...but the impossible is always possible" - Ricky Booska
James Malone-Lee
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of James Malone-Lee
The masked magician is an extremely boring magician and not an entertainer because in his case he has no sense of humour whatsoever. Many of your audience "think" that they know how it is done or "know" how it is done but are nevertheless entertained. Most of us are enterntained by Magic even though we know many ways of how it may be done. It all hinges on ther performance.

James
jmm1303
View Profile
New user
Tennessee
49 Posts

Profile of jmm1303
I've only ever seen him expose huge tricks and not any others.
DavidSak
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of DavidSak
What's really terrible is that if you use any search engine and look for a particular magic trick, you are most likely bound to find how it is done.. Exposure is really terrible thing.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I don't know why the masked "magician" hasn't ended up in the bottom of a lake somewhere wearing cement shoes. Far as I'm concerned, that is where he belongs!
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
philipmac
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
113 Posts

Profile of philipmac
Luckily the Masked Magician isn't shown much here in Australia, but neither is any magic show for that matter of fact. I can imagine your problem, as I have a brother who looks up the internet for every trick I perform, and then tells anybody who will listen. I think that the creators of magic products should agree together not to let the masked magician show others how to do their product on television. Then there should be a 'Masked Magician Free' sticker on the product and people who don't want tricks revealed should only perform the tricks with the stickers.
Jamie Schoolcraft
View Profile
Regular user
Palmdale, CA
136 Posts

Profile of Jamie Schoolcraft
One interesting thought. The only time I ever hear about these exposure shows is from other magicians, are we doing them a favor by still talking about them, or just keeping other's advised, to switch up methods for doing things???
ABlair36
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto
234 Posts

Profile of ABlair36
To answer pezgod's question, it is an effect on expertmagic.com, the URL is:
http://www.expertmagic.com/html/store/melt/melt.html

If I am doing a card trick and this happens also if they say "Iknow how this works" or "I saw that", I take out the gaffs (if there are gaffs) and say "Then you do it". After that they never say that again.
JJDrew
View Profile
Loyal user
Arizona
221 Posts

Profile of JJDrew
Quote:
On 2004-02-06 19:05, philipmac wrote:
I have a brother who looks up the internet for every trick I perform, and then tells anybody who will listen.

I have a roommate who has tried to look up magic online in order to do the same sort of thing (Ah, the idly curious, aren't they amusing). He doesn't find much of anything basically because he doesn't know the names of any of the tricks I do. Looking up individual tricks you'll find explanations, but look up magic in general and you'll have to slog through about a million ads for suppliers (who don't reveal anything) and Blaine fans talking about how cool he is before you get to the good stuff.

I never tell him the name of any trick I do. In fact, I never refer to tricks by any name at all because if people ask to see "Hopping halves" for example, there's only one thing that you could really show them in response to the question. If they ask to see the one with the silver and the copper coin, you can go to town Smile.
philipmac
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
113 Posts

Profile of philipmac
My problem is that one day my brother went on my computer and looked up all of the names on my Penguin Magic demo's. So he just looks them up and downloads the secrets.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Yup. Little brothers can be a pain in the ***!!
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
philipmac
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
113 Posts

Profile of philipmac
Quote:
On 2004-02-08 04:21, daffydoug wrote:

Not little, big.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2004-02-08 05:02, philipmac wrote:
Quote:
On 2004-02-08 04:21, daffydoug wrote:

Not little, big.

Y'know, it seems that at some point there's supposed to be a thing called maturity and respect. You might suggest he try looking those up some day... of course you might also try filling in the Grand Canyon with a teaspoon, it'll probably have the same effect.
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
ellisd
View Profile
Veteran user
Sacramento
330 Posts

Profile of ellisd
The next time someone says "oh I know how that's done" respond in a positive tone " cool,have you ever done any magic tricks?" Let them be the center of attention for a little while and you might end up with an alli instead of some jerk ruining your magic. And when others see how you respond the will respect you more.
http://www.erictheballoondude.com

Balloon Twisting for all of Sacramento!
pcamel
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of pcamel
You know, in a way, it's almost a good thing, all the exposes of magic. it sucks that people learn how things are done but it also forces the magician to come up with more creative ideas, maybe ideas of his own. maybe methods of his own that can't be exposed. maybe by being exposed the pressure is on to create rather than replicate what has already been done. The question "if I could do this another way, how would i?" comes in very handy here.
of course people's memory is very short and eventually what was an old trick revealed can become a new trick, all dressed up and made to look novel and new.
Caspar
View Profile
Veteran user
Tacoma
316 Posts

Profile of Caspar
Quote:
On 2003-06-21 18:55, keven wrote:
You Just have to be better Then Them in a way. Show them that it wasn't the trick they saw last night. Pull something out of your @#* if you have to. But let them have a good time while your doing it. Re-Trick them Smile

I agree with you whole heartedly. Presentation is a big factor in performing magic.
Oz Fan
View Profile
Loyal user
277 Posts

Profile of Oz Fan
Little brothers ruin everything!!!!!!!
Blake S.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Masked Magician on Street Magic ReRun (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL