The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » Book signed by Harry Houdini (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

keven
View Profile
Regular user
Apple Valley Ca
106 Posts

Profile of keven
My Brother has a book that Houdini wrote. I'm not sure which one it is but it is signed by Houdini himself. Any idea how much it might be worth? I'll find out what book it is and let you guys know.

Thanks
Penn & Teller "God Bless Them"
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
I will give you $10 if you want to get rid of it. Just joking , good luck and it should be worth lots.
Luis Sirgado
View Profile
New user
Portugal
90 Posts

Profile of Luis Sirgado
Keven can you give the name of that book?

magical hugs

luis Smile
"One of the greatest accomplishments of magicians in the last century is the ability to take something inherently profound and render it trivial."

-Max Maven-
rseward
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of rseward
Items signed by Harry Houdini can go for quite a bit of money. In fact, there is currently an auction on Ebay for Houdini Motion Picture Corp Stock certificate signed by Harry Houdini. Its starting price is $2,400. A signed photo could easily go for more that $1000. So depending on the book and who it is signed to - it could be very valuable.
truthteller
View Profile
Inner circle
2584 Posts

Profile of truthteller
Harry Houdini autographs generally run anywhere from $500 at the low end to $3,000 depending on the item autographed, condition, and provenance.

For example, The Elliot book which Houdini edited often sells for $85-185 ($250 if in great shape) on its own, but $1000-1250 with autograph depending on condition.
magic fett
View Profile
New user
45 Posts

Profile of magic fett
I have a clipped Houdini signature... sure wish it was on the original unclipped paper. Must have been a note or letter of some kind. Anyways a book signed by him would fetch, I would think, a minimum of $1000. Of course the condition of the book and signature not to mention what book it is all make a difference.
Digital Backlot
View Profile
Regular user
So. Cali
115 Posts

Profile of Digital Backlot
Don't sell that!!!!!! are you crazy!!! Smile
Joel Payne
CEO 3D Filmmakers
www.DigitalBacklot.com
m.s.magic
View Profile
Regular user
England-newcastle-
105 Posts

Profile of m.s.magic
I back that up DO NOT SELL IT WHAT EVER YOU DO
keep it for way more years ( that makes no sense)
that's if you were going to sell it or you were just asking its value
best regards tom Smile Smile Smile
What is real and what is an illusion ? it all depends on your perception, reality is only limited by the boundries of the imagination, and imagination can defy the laws of everything - Criss Angel
John Smetana
View Profile
???? - 2009
499 Posts

Profile of John Smetana
I find it interesting that Keven hasn't commented further on this "valuable" book. If you're still here Keven could you let us know the title of the book? When was it written? Who published it? What is the copyright date? Is it hard cover or soft cover? Exactly how is it signed?
Perhaps with this info we may be able to give you a better idea of it's value.

Best thoughts,
John Smetana Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » Book signed by Harry Houdini (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL