The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » From Soup to Nuts » » Pre-ordering (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Max Krause
View Profile
V.I.P.
I should be creating magic with my
1188 Posts

Profile of Max Krause
Regarding the pre-order issue. As a creator/seller I never offer pre-orders on anything that I have not fully developed a working finished product on. That said I will usually start production and post a 1 month pre-order period. I control almost all of my production in house except for for certain products, but I always try to hit my target date or sooner. The key is to be realistic.

Not only that but you must ALWAYS be forthright in COMMUNICATION with the buyers. If you can take their money than you owe it to them to answer any correspondence phone/email in a timely manner. This day and age there are very few excuses for being unattainable.

I am currently working on several other projects but you will not see me offering a pre-sale until I am satisfied with the finished product.

Just my thoughts on the subject.
Max
RLFrame
View Profile
Elite user
447 Posts

Profile of RLFrame
I generally don't pre-order. In my other hobbies and activities, none of the things I buy are even sold that way so I never really liked the concept. If it's "gonna be worth the wait" It'll likely still be worth the few extra dollars spent and I am happier to wait with all of my money still in my pocket. Besides, I have often changed my mind based on the early reviews which, while rarely are bad reviews, sometimes it becomes clear that some aspect of the routine doesn't suit my conditions or needs.
magicnewswire
View Profile
Inner circle
1947 Posts

Profile of magicnewswire
I guess that I'll toss in my Two Cents.

If I am confident in the quality of the product and the distributor, I'll pre-order and take advantage of the discount. I'm not the most impatient of people, so I have some leeway with regard to shipping times, especially with regard to a product that is not just being churned off of an assembly line like a box of sponge balls. For an effect that I am interested in, but feel uncertain of, I'll wait until it hits the street.

In addition, If I am concerned about getting a product which might have limited availability because of demand and interest, I'll pre-order to insure that I am one of those getting one with the first shipment. After all, the maker must make an estimation as to what the initial demand must be when they place the production first order . Remember, the Six Sigma principle says that "Inventory is evil."
Dodd Vickers

Host/Producer/Editor

The Magic Newswire

Twitter

iTunes Link
aechecop
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of aechecop
As long as they don't take your money in advance I don't see any BIG issue in having to wait a bit for the official release of an item. Being the magic market of such a small size, it is way to risky to manufacture without some sort of guarantee of sales (pre-order). What I do find unacceptable is to process the pre-order, charge the cc, and if you decide not to wait any longer, only offer a store credit... that is the equivalent of stealing.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » From Soup to Nuts » » Pre-ordering (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL