The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Your Favorite 4- Card Packet Tricks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mhend
View Profile
Regular user
Kentucky
108 Posts

Profile of mhend
I really enjoy tricks that use only a few cards as it seems to most specs that it's easier to follow (hence, the impact can be greater as well).
What are your favorite 4-card packet tricks using the same pack from an ordinary deck? Some of the obvious ones would be Dr. Dailey's Last Card Trick, and Vernon's Twisting the Aces.
I'm trying to emphasize as many routines as I can without overdoing the same sleights.
Other favorites?
"You should never, never doubt what no one is sure of." Willie Wonka
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6113 Posts

Profile of Jaz
Vernon's 'Twisting the Aces' and Carney's 'Sanverted'.

There are a couple like one of Dingle's 'Elevator' tricks and a variation 'Too many Cards' where it appears to be only 4 cards that fit into the blend.
Erdnase27
View Profile
Inner circle
2467 Posts

Profile of Erdnase27
Twisting the Aces and Dr. Daley's Last trick
"He must be content to rank with the common herd." - S.W. Erdnase
Glenn Morphew
View Profile
Elite user
Chicago
436 Posts

Profile of Glenn Morphew
It's hard to beat Jumping Gemini by Darwin Ortiz. It's on At The Card Table vol. 1 Another would be Gemini Twins by Brother John Hamman.
Visit www.glennmorphew.com for information on

Bob's 3 Shell Boot Camp
The Rub-a-dub Deluxe Suite
The Morphew One Hand Top Palm
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
3890 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Psychic Twins- Max Maven

Travelling Expert- Jennings

Fish
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
4787 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Poor Man's Monte, DDLT, TTA, Overture

And perhaps this should be moved to the packet effect section?

Ahimsa,
Vlad
ejohn
View Profile
Veteran user
Atlanta
389 Posts

Profile of ejohn
Richard Sanders' version of Jumping Gemini and his Stickman 4, Jon Allen's Double Back, NFW, and any TTA with a double back change.
mhend
View Profile
Regular user
Kentucky
108 Posts

Profile of mhend
Thanks for the input, guys.

ejohn, what is NFW? and the double back change you speak of, is that a double backed card used in TTA's? Sorry, I'm still green and don't know these things.

Vlad_77, apologies for not posting in the packet section...didnt know there was one.

thanks!
ejohn
View Profile
Veteran user
Atlanta
389 Posts

Profile of ejohn
Mhend, Welcome to the Café! To see NFW, go to http://media3.penguinmagic.com/demos/2003a.wmv

Re your second query, yes, a DB is involved. (Be careful about exposing.) To see a TTA-type effect with a double back change, go here: http://media3.penguinmagic.com/demos/2180a.wmv
ejohn
View Profile
Veteran user
Atlanta
389 Posts

Profile of ejohn
Mhend, I just reread your initial post. I'm afraid all my recommended tricks are great but do require a little something added to the deck. Sorry. John
magiclimber
View Profile
Veteran user
Boulder, Colorado
315 Posts

Profile of magiclimber
My vote is for Twisting the Aces and Jumping Gemini.
mhend
View Profile
Regular user
Kentucky
108 Posts

Profile of mhend
[quote]On 2010-03-15 23:36, ejohn wrote:
Mhend, I just reread your initial post. I'm afraid all my recommended tricks are great but do require a little something added to the deck. Sorry. John

Yes, I'm really looking for something that can be done impromptu and with a borrowed deck. I'm aware of DDLT and TTA, but wondered what else was out there.

thanks,
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
12681 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I love Richard Sanders "Stickman 4" For me was worth the price of the DVDs.

(Plus a few others!!)
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
4787 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Quote:
On 2010-03-15 22:59, mhend wrote:
Thanks for the input, guys.

ejohn, what is NFW? and the double back change you speak of, is that a double backed card used in TTA's? Sorry, I'm still green and don't know these things.

Vlad_77, apologies for not posting in the packet section...didnt know there was one.

thanks!

Hi mhend!

No need to apologize Smile For future reference, discussions of packet effects go in the "Deckless" section.

Ahimsa,
Vlad
Corbett
View Profile
Inner circle
Indiana
1124 Posts

Profile of Corbett
Has no one mentioned B'Wave? This one kills.
CORBETT D. TROYER
andyvan3226
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of andyvan3226
Richard Sander's Stickman 4 is excellent. It's on the "Richard Sanders Show" volume 2, I believe
Agaton
View Profile
Loyal user
Manila
263 Posts

Profile of Agaton
I love John Bannon's Duplicity (which requires two packets of four). It's simple, straightforward, a little psychological and a guaranteed heavy hitter.
DomKabala
View Profile
Inner circle
I've grown old after diggin' holes for
2818 Posts

Profile of DomKabala
Quote:
On 2010-03-15 16:06, mhend wrote:
I really enjoy tricks that use only a few cards as it seems to most specs that it's easier to follow (hence, the impact can be greater as well).
Then look no further than "Focus" by Phil Goldstein, a book which has 60 effects that fit this description. Look at this: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......m=110&22

Cardamagically,
Dom Smile Smile
We don't stop playing when we grow old...we grow old when we stop playing.

God is enough, let go, let God. Gal 2:20

"Anything of value is not easily attained and those things which are easily attained are not of lasting value."

Smile Smile Smile Smile
Lemniscate
View Profile
Inner circle
1699 Posts

Profile of Lemniscate
Bannon's take on Daley's Last Trick has served me amazingly well the last... several years... I don't even remember when I started doing it anymore, I do it THAT often.

Twisting the Aces is a true classic. If your timing is down, it's a true thing of beauty.

I did the Gemini Twins effect from the first set of ETMCM (Ammar) for a while and got good responses but I just ended up tiring of the effect. I don't know why, I think it's strong but if you going to be doing an effect hundreds of times, it pays to really enjoy it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Your Favorite 4- Card Packet Tricks (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.212675 seconds, requiring 62 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [4] [8] [4] [9] [7] [0] [7] [0]