The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Lillians Diary (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
RCP
View Profile
Inner circle
Two Minnie's in The Hell's Half Acre, The Republic of Texas
2183 Posts

Profile of RCP
Thanks, it's a very nice work. Anyone besides me considering hand writing the entire diary and using it as the real diary?
Dreadnought
View Profile
Special user
Athens, Georgia
836 Posts

Profile of Dreadnought
I thought about hand writing the entire diary in long hand. Before Lillian came out I was preparing my own diary and I put it on the back burner as I thought Lillian would work the same way but it doesn't so I recently started working on it again. I may check out the performance manual that is available.
Peace

"Ave Maria gratia plena Dominus tecum..."

Scott

Would you do anything for the person you love?
Chad C.
View Profile
Inner circle
1522 Posts

Profile of Chad C.
The performance manual by Prof BC is awesome! It will be a valuable asset to those who own the diary. If you liked So Dark, this is a smaller version for Lillian to get you on the right track but also to leave lots of room for your own details.

Nice job Prof BC!
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
The Land Down Under
2126 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
Wonderful job, Prof BC.

Lillian is amazing and her true colors and moods are now fully revealed. Time for another long walk down by the moon-drenched lake!

Benny
+Inventor of the world famous Floating Match+
+Author: Machinations (Vanishing Inc, 2020)+
EVERYTHING BEN HARRIS
Vic Nadata
View Profile
Special user
Charlotte, NC
935 Posts

Profile of Vic Nadata
Prof BC did an amazing job with this and I can't thank him enough for allowing me to release this as a free download for owners of Lillian. Every copy shipped shall receive this included via email.
Vic Nadata
View Profile
Special user
Charlotte, NC
935 Posts

Profile of Vic Nadata
I have just reduced the price for Lillian's Diary in time for the holidays! Remember each copy comes with the performance manual as well.
Vic Nadata
View Profile
Special user
Charlotte, NC
935 Posts

Profile of Vic Nadata
**An Updated Performance Manual is now available for download on the private forum at Outlaw Effects.**

http://www.outlaw-effects.com

I would also like to share a performace review that I received:

I performed it for the first time the other night and I am still in utter disbelief at how strong it played. Pardon me if I sound prideful, that is far from the case, nor I am trying to tell anyone how they should perform this great piece of art, but after three days I am still amped and stoked about the performance! I have been performing professionally full time now for 4 years and this is one of my greatest performances ever! I book my own shows in theaters and perform at house parties and this was one of the latter. I just have to tell someone who knows the inner workings of this gem about how magnificent it truly is!

I have included the Departed -Outlaw's single greatest piece of work - but I have also just added a K II EMF detector, the same EMF detector that Grant and Jason use on Ghost Hunters. And it rocks Lillian. The creepy factor, on a scale of 1-10 is 25.

After I set the ambiance, weave the story, get everyone settled in for a good ghost story and séance and start investigating the diary. I key up Departed, the bell slightly shakes and the K II starts registering. OH MY GOODNESS, it was freaking insane at that point! I had to stop and calm people down. When all was quiet and we started to progress, I had the meter go off a second time and people started gasping. Then a few minutes later the bell rang and the meter pegged indicating Lillian was present. When we got stuck on a date and asked for Lillian’s guidance nothing happened. The K II would register a small hit, as it will do naturally, but nothing big and the bell remains still and silent. Then the musket ball and the meter registered and the ball swung and tapped. Then comes the … “I feel a male presence,” to which one of the participants asked, very nervously, is this William. Then, after a moment of appropriate silence, the K II pegs out and the ball knocked three times and people broke the circle, refusing to return and at that point the séance was officially over.

Peace and Godspeed.
Scott M.
Bob Clayton
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of Bob Clayton
I would love to see a special hand written edition of Lillian's Diary if you're ever so incline to price out a limited run.
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
Western Canada...where all that oil is
4005 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
I ordered Lillian's Diary after a good friend -- who knew how much I was enjoying Luna -- recommended it.

More original BRILLIANT thinking from one of the sharpest minds in bizarre magic today. Like Luna, Lillian's Diary is SO much more than a book test. It's an effect where the performer takes the audience by the hand and helps them discover a truth on their own.

Personally -- I can't imagine why this book isn't in every mentalists arsenal. It has everything: a story that gets progressively creepier, an emotional hook -- and an adventure.

The learning curve is a little steeper than it is with Luna -- because the effect is more complex. But it's really worth the extra time because I genuinely believe this is a hidden gem.

I'd LOVE to see a presentation of this effect sometime.

A great work, Vic. Seriously wonderful!

David
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you.

My books are here: www.magicpendulums.com
www.MidnightMagicAndMentalism.com
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2621 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
I am waiting patiently for mine to arrive. . .
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
You will LOVE this. Subtle beauty defined.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Quote:
On 2011-08-26 20:37, afinemesh wrote:

What do you think of this?

Ray
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
Quote:
On 2011-11-08 01:41, Magical Dimensions wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-08-26 20:37, afinemesh wrote:

What do you think of this?

Ray

It's freaky man Smile
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
According to Rick James ..."The girl is super Freaky,she's a super Freak" ! Smile
"Na na na na "...
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
I am thinking about getting for my X-mass present! LOL

Sounds like you make this into your own routine. You are given the bare workings and you come up with your own presentation, is this correct?

Best
Ray
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
Quote:
On 2011-11-08 02:17, Magical Dimensions wrote:
I am thinking about getting for my X-mass present! LOL

Sounds like you make this into your own routine. You are given the bare workings and you come up with your own presentation, is this correct?

Best
Ray

Prof. B.C. has a 17 page performance manual for Lillian that is quite wonderful Smile
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Vic Nadata
View Profile
Special user
Charlotte, NC
935 Posts

Profile of Vic Nadata
Ray:
While yes you could make this into your own routine. However as Rick said it does come with a manual that showcases come ideas for presentation and scripts.
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
Western Canada...where all that oil is
4005 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
LD really requires that you take time to learn the system...that you THINK about the presentation...and that you set aside enough time to present it properly. Rushing through it steals much of the "magic" from your audience. It's like a wonderful meal. Take time as you present it and enjoy the journey...so your audience will.

It really could be an act all on its own, when you think about it.

They key I've found in performing it is that allowing the audience to come to the conclusion you've so carefully taken them to is critical. But when they get there...it results in pure WONDER.

It's a ghost story they live through.

Lillian's Diary is a remarkable fresh look at presenting spooky stuff. Outstanding in every way.

David
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you.

My books are here: www.magicpendulums.com
www.MidnightMagicAndMentalism.com
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2621 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
The more I play with this one and understand it, the more I like it. The additional performance manual(s) on the outlaw forum are invaluable! Another winner from Vic and Rick outlaw. Smile
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
steven-gibson
View Profile
Special user
Eastcoastspiritsessions.com
893 Posts

Profile of steven-gibson
Lillian is on order. Looking very forward to this one. Ipswitch has been a favorite of mine since it came out. High hopes for Lillian. I have been reading the performance manual (another triumph for Prof BC!). Now I just need to be patient.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Lillians Diary (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL