The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Best egg bag (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On Oct 14, 2016, Sealegs wrote:
Thanks for the info Bill. I had Denny magic's site earmarked somewhere I could go if I no able to find a copy in the UK but it's useful to have other options too.

The seller of 'The Malini Egg Bag Routine' has just got back to me and told me that, "This is the actual booklet which KB supplied with his egg bag. These instructions which are very detailed were written up by Ken Perks and explains all the little bits which are important, including how to make the egg."

I'm still not 100% sure that this will be the dame routine that is in the '& Friends' book though. The seller referred to the "& Friends" booklet which he says is a different publication and which he unfortunately doesn't have. he doesn't mention if the routine in the booklet he's selling is the same one as in the '& Friends' booklet though.

I think I might just get the one he has and see what it is. I guess I can always go to one of the US sources later if it turns out to be something other than whatI'm looking for. If it isn't what I'm looking for it will no doubt still be worth a read.

Thanks again for the help.

Originally, Ken Brooke published and provided separate sheet instructions with all his props he manufactured and sold. The Ken Brooke and Friends title refers to all the people's ideas Ken Brooke used to build his fantastic routine and handling. These sheets were stapled together in the upper left hand corner.

When Ken Brooke came to the U.S. he sent his instructions to Jeff Busby, who republished them in booklet form. 15 booklets were produced of Ken's great explanations on his magic he performed and sold at his little store.

The content in the booklet and the separate sheets that Ken sold before coming to America, are identical in content.

I received 19 pages printed one side, what we here in America call "legal size" sheets. Don't know what they are called in the U.K. This also includes 2 pages, both sides of Ken's famous After Service instructions.

What most people refuse to understand, is this treatise, is the most prolific instructions ever written and published. It is a minute by minute detailed handling of the hands, fingers, patter, and spectators, ever written and published by Ken Brooke.

Having studied this work, and presented it with overwhelming success in my shows, proving every word, sentence, patter, given, is perfect in every way. It all works. You can never has presented an effect in your life, and study, absorb, practice, an rehearse, and go out and get laughs, applause, making a successful show.

Buy the dang book!
ChrisPilsworth
View Profile
New user
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
74 Posts

Profile of ChrisPilsworth
Another egg bag that has received positive reviews is PB&E that I created. It was introduced to the magic community in 2014 through Bill Abbott. It is a version of the trick that uses a brown lunch bag. It can be shown empty and it uses a very realistic egg that has the same weight as a regular egg. When the volunteer holds the egg, there are no "tell tale" looks from them that indicate the egg is not normal. The package comes with two bags, two eggs and a DVD that is very thorough in explaining the routine and logic behind the structure. It has been in my working repertoire for quite a few years now and plays well.
kidnapped1853
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of kidnapped1853
Researching this topic and this thread has been invaluable. Thank you everyone!
Micha-el
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of Micha-el
I bought an egg bag from Magic Inc. back in the early 70's as well as the Ken Brooke and Friends booklet. Both were a valuable investment. I have since bought many of the bags mentioned in the various posts as well as two from Bob White which were made from rayon faille. However, every one of these bags had a "silkier" feel than the one I bought way back when from Magic Inc. Since I had been using that one for over 40 years I just didn't feel comfortable with any of the new bags. (I'm sure if I had bought one of the other bags first and used it for that period of time, that one would have become my go-to bag.) At a recent NEMCON I bought one of Jonathan Neal's bags and, (as he wrote) it had the exactly the same feel as my Magic Inc. bag. That is now my replacement bag when the Magic Inc. bag gives out. In so many ways this is a perfect trick. If the egg is produced (as in the Brooke routine) at the beginning, there is surprise; there can be comic moments during the trick; certainly there is building mystery as the trick progresses;and it can be performed just about anywhere.

One other bag of interest is the Count Ziska Egg Bag that Loyd Enochs wrote up in one of his GEMS columns in Genii. The construction allowed the bag to be turned inside out and there was nothing to see on the outside before or after the reversal. I had an old felt Adam's bag and I adapted it to be a Ziska egg bag. I never used it, but it was fun to play with.
Barry Moran
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Today, the only bags I'd consider using are Malini type bags and Tarbell/Sterling/Mardo type bags. The flannel S.S. Adams has always been crap and turned me off to the egg bag for years. The vinyl ones from Adams have one good handling - straight to the trash.
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
I used to have 999 posts, now I have
1622 Posts

Profile of JNeal
Micha-el,
thanks for the endorsement! I take pride in making my bags to the exacting standards that Charlie Miller preferred. Finding that Rayon Faille is what makes creating props such a pleasure.
Glad you like the one that you nought at NEmCon.

Regards,
jonathan Neal
visit me @ JNealShow.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Best egg bag (5 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL