The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Looking for Oragami effects. (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
I know there are a few but I was curious if there are more out there. I know Michaels Close's Rabbit trick, Frog Prince, DG's Butterfly. Im looking with bills and card effects. Also if people have different handlings of the before mentioned those would be great to hear as well. I love Frog Prince but am looking for a cleaner (JEDI) move.
epoptika
View Profile
Elite user
Florida
477 Posts

Profile of epoptika
You might want to check out Frog Tales by Robert E. Neale. Available from L & L Publishing.
Adammcd
View Profile
Regular user
Greensburg PA
132 Posts

Profile of Adammcd
Oooohh Aaaaaah Bird from Michael Close!
The last thing you ever expected, should have been the first.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
Folding Money Fooling by Robert E. Neale - Book

How To Make Entertaining Novelties From Dollar Bills

Would you like to learn how to easily fold amazing origami models, and then entertain with them? Robert E. Neale's Folding Money Fooling contains 13 easily constructed models, all using paper money. Robert's verbal and pictorial descriptions make learning every detail of these models easy.

From Robert E. Neale's Preface: "This book contains twenty new and novel models that perform in these amusingly unexpected ways; all are folded from dollar bills. They are created for adults, but many will entertain children-especially the finger puppets in Puppet Poetry and the tale illustrated with many different shapes in A Boy's Modest Adventure. A rabbit pops out of a top hat in Bunny Bill, a model popular among magicians."

Chapter Listing:

Actions
An Economic Comment
Fluttering Butterfly
Puppet Poetry
Billfrog
Pearching Parrot
Heart Homily
Crane in Flight
A Boy's Modest Adventure
Puzzles
Crossed Doubly
Seven Clever Bills
Hyperflex
Baffling Bill Braid
Tricks
Stretch A Bill
Presidential Portrait
Wormo
The Contrary Ones
Snake Basket
Pyramid of Immortality
Rabbit Redux
Bunny Bill
Oakes' Standing Bunny
Harris' Bunnies
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
alexoid
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of alexoid
I believe there's one called "instant origami" which is on a Jay Sankey video (Sankey 1999) - no doubt re-released on DVD!
jtb
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of jtb
The color changing hexagon is basically a paper folding trick.

It has been laminated and is an inside-out folding routine that produces six colors from a two-sided hexagon.
Nyama Possessor
View Profile
Veteran user
Under the Shade Tree
322 Posts

Profile of Nyama Possessor
Could someone explain the effect “Pyramid of Immortality” by Robert E. Neale (found in the book Folding Money Fooling). The name has peaked my curiosity. Thank you in advance.

~ Nyama ~
The Honorable NYAMA POSSESSOR

Co-Founder & Co-Creator of MAGICAL REALISM, Owner of ANCESTRAL REALM PRODUCTIONS

* 17 Year Member of the Shadow Network * ICBM Alumnus *

Creator/Author of SUMMONING RUMI and numerous other underground proprietary releases...
Books, routines and tools coming soon, available only and exclusively at www.AlchemyMoon.com
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Http://www.lybrary.com/magic-paper-paper-money-c-21_42.html

There are several in a series of "Impossible Foldings" and one (on the 2nd page) "Paper Folding Stories for Magicians" that I have considered in the past. Just have not had the ambition to take on another hobby yet. (I think origami will take a lot of practice).
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
plink
View Profile
Special user
661 Posts

Profile of plink
Thom Peterson has a fun table hopping effect on his Penguin Live lecture.
Kanawati
View Profile
Veteran user
Australia
301 Posts

Profile of Kanawati
I know you are looking for bill and card effects but I have performed something called Origamagic Crane to good reaction. SEOMagic looks like they are one supplier although I got it from a brick and mortar shop when I was visiting the U.S. I'm not sure how widely known it is but I think it started off as a fun spectacle lens cleaning gimmick.
Perseus Arkomanis
View Profile
Loyal user
208 Posts

Profile of Perseus Arkomanis
Take a look at my "Card Cube" effect from Alakazam Magic Limited.
That might interest you!
Cheers!
The things that are most real to me are the illusions which I create...everything else is quicksand...
<BR>
<BR>www.orionmagicproductions.com
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
I used the very ancient TROUBLE WIT, for years, in my school assembly program. I presented it as ORIGAMI. The kids liked it, and, the TEACHERS, also!

You can make one! Check out the late Frank Herman's book on TROUBLE WIT, published by Magic Inc. (30 years ago!)

Jim Reilly (New Zealand) made great T Wits. Stage size and parlor size!
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
plink
View Profile
Special user
661 Posts

Profile of plink
Michael Close's rabbit and Frog Prince are both fun and easy.
Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
View Profile
Inner circle
1513 Posts

Profile of Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
There are some mentalism effects with a cootie catcher
yin_howe
View Profile
Special user
Malaysia
985 Posts

Profile of yin_howe
It's not bills or cards, but looks cool.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eMk84x8hBg
"Talent without passion is talent wasted.."
https://www.youtube.com/user/yinhowe80/
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Sometimes I do Pat Pages "Easy Money and use my innermost bill to make an (pre-folded and unfolded) elephant. It folds quickly because of the latent folds.

Being an Elephant, it makes a nice remembrance gift for the Birthday Child. This helps take the heat off the other bills (not that that is really a problem).

Having the option offers a nice way lengthen or shorten the show due to time issues.

Once I did this in a house where they had a line of carved elephants in descending size and my elephant fit perfectly as the next smaller size, sweet.

-Mary Mowder
JasperLee
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of JasperLee
This immediately reminds me of Frog Prince. But when it comes to "origami style" effects, Robert Neale is the person to go to.

"Celebration of sides" was amazing for me, and he also has other releases that are brilliant.
cbguy
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of cbguy
Look into Michael Close's workers

You can get 1 - 5 as a complete set, instant download

It has several effects using origami
plink
View Profile
Special user
661 Posts

Profile of plink
Don't forget Dan Harlan's Starcle.
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Wonderland Dollar . It is topologically based but there is folding going on.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S7542

-Mary Mowder
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Looking for Oragami effects. (4 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL