The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Let there be magic! » » How to make your magic publication better (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

LMLipman
View Profile
Elite user
Falls Church, Va.
443 Posts

Profile of LMLipman
Have you ever read a magic publication—whether it’s instructions for a trick, lecture notes or a magic e-book—and been appalled by the grammatical errors, misspellings and erratic punctuation?

If you are publishing magic material, your publication should have the same professional appearance you bring to your magic performances. But most magicians, even the best, are not skilled writers. And even the best writers need a good editor.

That’s where I can help.

I’ve been a professional journalist for nearly 40 years and a working magician for the past decade. Currently, I’m a senior editor at a national magazine sent to more than 24 million households. I’m also an adjunct professor of journalism at The George Washington University and I’m a former president of The National Press Club.

As a magician, I’m a past president of IBM Ring 50, the National Capital Ring, and SAM Assembly 23, the Larry West Assembly. I primarily perform for children and family audiences and did a three-year gig as a restaurant magician for once-a-month kid’s night.

My rates are exceptionally reasonable: $3 a page (double spaced) with a $10 minimum. Obviously I’m not trying to get rich doing this. If you’re interested, please send me a private message.

Larry Lipman
Lorenzo the Great
http://www.lorenzomagic.com
Larry Lipman
Lorenzo the Great
www.lorenzomagic.com
Michael Taggert
View Profile
Special user
Fredericksburg Virginia
656 Posts

Profile of Michael Taggert
I Have know Larry for many years and he is one tough editor. he is tops and modest about his credentials (just walk through the halls of the national press club and see his pictures with a whos who of washington.)
If you need an editor, (we all do) Larry is tops. He is giving the community a gift at his rates.
Michael
James Munton
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, TX
1199 Posts

Profile of James Munton
I'll second Michael's recommendation. I'm honored to call Larry a very good friend.

It's appalling how many published magic books and lecture notes are littered with typos and errors. And with the advent of e-books, the situation has become even worse. If you have any sense of pride in your work and reputation, you NEED a good editor... and I can think of no better person to work with than Larry.

Best,
James
noland
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of noland
Larry has been a friend of mine, and magic colleague, for many years. I have had the opportunity to read many of his own magic writings--press releases, magic club columns, magic reviews, and other magic commentary--many times. His writing skills are tops, as you would expect from someone who is a journalist by profession as well as a professor of journalism. If you are publishing a book or lecture notes, or producing a magic web site or advertising materials, you need another pair of eyes to review and check your work. I know Larry will do a first rate job, and will give your materials the polished, professional look any working professional needs in order to be perceived as professional in his line of work.
Red Shadow
View Profile
Inner circle
1788 Posts

Profile of Red Shadow
I'll happily take you up on that offer in a few weeks time. I'm currently finishing my latest book and will send it to you when ready.
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15110 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
I will also say that I have personally worked with Larry on a book project and I was very impressed with his professionalism and attention to detail. He really takes what he does to heart while keeping the integrity of the author's thoughts and ideas in mind. He works very well with you and takes his time to do it right. You can NOT go wrong with Larry helping you out as I have found him to be a very valuable assist for all my writing projects.

Kyle
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Let there be magic! » » How to make your magic publication better (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL