The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Wow 2.0 - the official info (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I made that mistake with some gimmicked pencil effets I had purchased,. Ker-RACK! all that money down the drain.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Steven70s
View Profile
Regular user
The Netherlands
181 Posts

Profile of Steven70s
Quote:
On 2010-09-01 11:21, daffydoug wrote:
Pushed the wrong button? Bummer!

Maybe you can phone them before they ship it!

Fixed!
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Glad you got it right!
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Wow!! My wow just came in! I have opened the package and am crazy happy with what I got! My mind is already coming up with ideas for new routines! I am sure determined to buy the ungimmicked version to pass for examination.
djhsa80
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of djhsa80
Hi all just a quick question on wow 2.0 (face down version), if you put on the slider, how easy is it to take it off, and do you have to put the stickers back on it. many thanks
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
And ol' Doug here was wondering if there are different "inserts" available.

I just went to Penguin and ordered the ungimmicked sleeve as I definitely think they might want to examine this. But I don't recall seeing different card values available, unless I over looked it.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
After some experimenting, I discovered that a five dollar bill can be inserted into the sleeve and "transform" into the selected card.

Has anyone else thought of this? Any tips or advice on that particular kind of presentation?
Steven70s
View Profile
Regular user
The Netherlands
181 Posts

Profile of Steven70s
Quote:
On 2010-09-02 11:16, daffydoug wrote:
And ol' Doug here was wondering if there are different "inserts" available.

I just went to Penguin and ordered the ungimmicked sleeve as I definitely think they might want to examine this. But I don't recall seeing different card values available, unless I over looked it.

Do you think the spectator would easily 'activate' the gimmick when you hand it out?
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Yes. A simple, accidental light touch in the wrong spot, and you've blown it.
Steven70s
View Profile
Regular user
The Netherlands
181 Posts

Profile of Steven70s
Shoot! Wish I ordered the ungimmicked sleeve too then! Well, there goes another 11$ on shipping costs.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Yeah, That's the bad part. But I have a hunch they just MAY want to see that sleeve. if you can't show it to them, then there suspicions are confirmed.
djhsa80
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of djhsa80
Hi all just a quick question, I have been using my wow today and a small amount of permanent pen from a card has gone onto the main gimmick, what is the best way to get it off. many thanks
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Try perhaps a small dab of rubbing alcohol.
djhsa80
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of djhsa80
That's done the trick thanks.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
That's been an old standby for me for ages.
p:m
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto, Canada
230 Posts

Profile of p:m
Love the effect!

Upon using the gimmick not more than 3 times, (only for myself in practice) The gimmick has already began to split down the sides. Be it the glue has not held on the edges, or the plastic was brittle, it is very disappointing.

I LOVE the effect. it is simply tonnes of fun to watch, even when your just practicing! However, I expect this product to withstand more then 3 practice runs if it is to ever uphold in a professional working environment!
<BR>www.petermckinnon.com
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Are you sure it is the genuine Masuda made WOW? There are loads of fake ones all over Ebay and the internet... They look like garbage too.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Nico Zottos
View Profile
Elite user
486 Posts

Profile of Nico Zottos
Daffydoug, on the note of the dollar bill, I forget where I saw this idea but you can actually do a nice penetration with a bill if you place the bill in front of the real card (folded the long way) in the sleeve but it looks as if it is behind the card because the gimmick is activated...all you do is do the change and it will look like the card visibly melts through the bill.
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4632 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
I find the strongest way to present WOW! is to have the change happen in the spectator's hand. Sometimes the spectator will activate the change himself - many times when they're not even looking; otherwise, you simply "help" the magic by rubbing your finger on the center of WOW! You may need to use a thumb on the edge, but it's rare you need to make so much contact.
The ungimmicked sleeve seemed like a good idea to me too. After the change, I'd deftly switch the gimmick, and throw the sleeve down on the table. Hoping that a spectator would pick it up and examine it. No one ever did, there's NO heat on the sleeve, if performed correctly.
To understand this, imagine you WANT all the heat you can get on the sleeve. How would you do that? Show the sleeve to a spectator, and let them witness the change to another card. Nothing else. By contrast, if WOW! is presented in the middle of (say) an Ambitious Card routine, the spectators are following the movements of the chosen card. The audience are wooed by the fact that it can move up and down through the pack, jump into your mouth unseen, arrive in your wallet, leap from a closed card box to just about anyplace, etc. The fact that it can visibly appear in place of another card puts all the heat on the chosen card. After all, the spectators SAW you put a different card into the WOW! sleeve in the first place; and after the effect, that card is obviously NOT in the sleeve any longer! In my presentation, I now put WOW! away, and move into the next phase of my routine, using the Extractor.
No doubt, this is a great item!
Potty Smile
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto, Canada
230 Posts

Profile of p:m
Saysold1,

Yeah I got it from penguin. Came with the official packaging and DVD. 3 Uses and its splitting more than half way down the sides. Cards wont even stay in it every well anymore. Smile
<BR>www.petermckinnon.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Wow 2.0 - the official info (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL