The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » ? about silkmagictricks.com (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
James Adamson
View Profile
Special user
Deatsville - Holtville - Slapout, AL
945 Posts

Profile of James Adamson
Is anyone familiar with http://www.silkmagictricks.com ?

The site never gives a phone number, location, or any other particulars about the company and/or owners.

Not making any negative comments just curious. Appear to be in the US.

James

http://MagicValleyMagic.com
Be remembered for performing what looks like MAGIC, not skill.
dsalley13
View Profile
Elite user
465 Posts

Profile of dsalley13
That's Duane Laflin's website. Highly recommended! Duane is a wonderful man and a super Magician.

Buy a Palmo set, or just the gaff or just the DVD and start yourself off right.

dsalley13
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I do not think this is the Laflin website? Laflin wholesales their products to many dealers.

I know the Lock Family web site shut down and rumor is that Duane Laflin is again handling the business.
John Martin
View Profile
Inner circle
1017 Posts

Profile of John Martin
I'm not sure either that this is Duane's site. However I have made several purchases here and they are always fast and efficient.

John
James Adamson
View Profile
Special user
945 Posts

Profile of James Adamson
It is not Laflin's, I talked to Mary Saturday as they were getting ready for the FCM Convention.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2010-07-13 11:19, James Adamson wrote:
It is not Laflin's, I talked to Mary Saturday as they were getting ready for the FCM Convention.

When you talked to Mary did you happen to ask if they have a magic site available again, and if not will they be creating one in the near future.
James Adamson
View Profile
Special user
945 Posts

Profile of James Adamson
No I did not, as they were packing up to leave. Their catalog says they are, and I have heard a rumor that another family member might be doing something with a site.

If anyone going to FCM convention maybe they could ask. Mary said they would be back around the 18th.

I do know that Mary said that they had liquidated some of their products as a group.

James Adamson
http://MagicValleyMagic.com
MikeHMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1007 Posts

Profile of MikeHMagic
I have ordered from them on Eb*y. As I recall, no problems, decent product as well.
Mike "Gus" Harvatt
"Bullwinkle that trick never works."
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
I e-mailed them about buying my web name "silktricks.com" and they never returned my e-mails.
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Here is the whois lookup for silkmagictricks.com

http://www.who.is/whois/silkmagictricks.com/

That tells you who the site is registered to, where they are based out of, etc. Silkmagictricks.com is not a Laflin website / business.

Also, some were discussing Laflin Magic Products. Duane said in a recent Advance Magazine that it looks like his son (David Laflin) will be taking over the Laflin web order business in a few months. This is the business that was run by Rebecca Lock earlier, and Duane and Mary Laflin before that. For now, you can buy products directly from Duane through the mail, that he promotes in the Advance Magazine. Also, some products are available from other dealers.

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1850 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
Donald,

What is Advance magazine. This is the first I have heard of it.

David
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Hi David -

It's a periodic newsletter (more of a magazine format) that Duane publishes for Gospel Magicians. I really enjoy it. More info here:

http://www.christianillusionist.com/advancenews.htm

- Donald
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1850 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
Donald,

Thank you for the info.

David
John Martin
View Profile
Inner circle
1017 Posts

Profile of John Martin
Silkmagictricks.com is also discountsilkmagic on eBay.

John
equivoque
View Profile
Special user
862 Posts

Profile of equivoque
Anyone do business with the site and not on ebay?
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
As this thread is now a few years old, and was just popped back to the top, one thing that has changed since July 2010 is that there is now an official Laflin Magic Store website once again.

This is run by David and Teesha Laflin (David is Duane's son):

https://www.laflinmagicstore.com/

Blog: https://laflinmagicstore.wordpress.com/

Laflin Magic Store publishes an e-newsletter, talking about specials, routines, blog posts, etc.

They also have a Facebook Page.

- Donald
equivoque
View Profile
Special user
862 Posts

Profile of equivoque
Thanks I was aware of that. Has anyone done business directly with silk magic tricks.com ?
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
My post was a general comment, not necessarily in response to your post. Simply to add information to the overall thread. Smile

However, if you read further up on the thread, I believe that John Martin said he has purchased from the silkmagictricks.com site in the 4th post. You could double check with him.

- Donald
equivoque
View Profile
Special user
862 Posts

Profile of equivoque
Hey Donald, I did not mean to attack you, so apologies. I am looking to find out if anyone actually purchased from the website and not the ebay store.
John Martin
View Profile
Inner circle
1017 Posts

Profile of John Martin
As Donald mentions, I have purchased from both the eBay site and Online site. All purchases were duly shipped and received as ordered.

John
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » ? about silkmagictricks.com (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL