The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Question regarding spring flowers (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Adam V
View Profile
Special user
603 Posts

Profile of Adam V
Hello,

I have a customer who needs a spring flower for a performance of Godspell. They don't need to be super-quality and he isn't too fussed about how big they are. They need to be produced from either the sleeves or bare hands, and it can either be one large bouquet or several smaller flowers.

Do you have to buy individual flowers that are reusable or can you just buy packs of 12?

Thanks for your help,
Adam V
Adam V - 9 out of 10 dentists recommend him.
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2328 Posts

Profile of David Todd
If I recall the stage directions for Godspell, I think the items your friend needs to obtain are, "sleeve bouquets" usually made of feathers, or sometimes cloth.

The bad thing about a lot of feather flowers is that they put the emphasis on the
"feather" and not so much on the "flowers"
......often resembling bizarre feather dusters.

There is a cloth flower bouquet made by Sam Dahal's ElectroFun Magic in India that would work well. They are a little more flower-like than some feather flower sleeve bouquets, yet still slightly garish and over-the-top theatrical in a circus sort of way (appropriate to the presentation in Godspell) Not too expensive, (really good feather flower bouquets are very expensive)

Take a look at an image of Dahal's flowers Here!

and

Here!

I notice you are a dealer, so you should have no problem ordering from ElectroFun. They have a list of dealers:

Click Here!

If you can get someone who knows how to do these type of flower productions properly, then it would be possible to teach the actors to make the productions in a magical way, so it doesn't appear that they are merely yanking a fake flower bouquet out of their sleeve. (which is, in fact, what they are doing, but it shouldn't look like that)
Adam V
View Profile
Special user
603 Posts

Profile of Adam V
Thank you very much, you've been a great help.

Actually, one more question. I found the exact bouquets you were talking about, but is it reusable? I have zero experience with these types of items. I am assuming at the price they are asking that they are reusable, I just wanted to be sure.
Adam V - 9 out of 10 dentists recommend him.
Magicduck
View Profile
Elite user
Washington State
484 Posts

Profile of Magicduck
Yes, spring flowers, feather flowers and cloth flowers can last for years and years if taken care of. The cloth flowers should last longer than the feather ones.

quack
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Question regarding spring flowers (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL