The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Macdonald's Aces... (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Charles Gaff
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

Profile of Charles Gaff
Quote:
On Aug 11, 2010, Dougini wrote:
Oh, by the way, just to let you know...David Copperfield's staff DOES read this board. That's how they contacted me and warned me. Just TALKING about his methods (not exposing them, mind you), can get me sued.

They were very specific. Not a road I want to go down...

Doug

There is a big difference between being sued and losing. Discussing and speculating methods violates intellectual property? I love Copperfield, seen his show many times. This would be surprising tho.
Charles Gaff
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

Profile of Charles Gaff
I recently got an old version of MacDonald's Aces that uses a gaff different than than one from ETMCM. I like ETMCM much better. It has DC on the instructions, as seen on tv and all. Nice effect, but I like the newer much better.
Charles Gaff
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

Profile of Charles Gaff
Quote:
On Nov 24, 2015, RiderBacks wrote:
Well, this got necroed, so why not add this here:

Lance Pierce: https://vimeo.com/60859878

Save for the add-on at the end, I consider this handling to be near perfect. (I swap one of his swaps for an EC version. Still debating the merits of that.)

That is as awesome a handling I've seen.
Sean Macfarlane
View Profile
Special user
842 Posts

Profile of Sean Macfarlane
Love Lance's handling. Superb!
RiderBacks
View Profile
Loyal user
249 Posts

Profile of RiderBacks
Quote:
On Dec 1, 2015, Sean Macfarlane wrote: Love Lance's handling. Superb!

It's some slick stuff. Glad you enjoyed it. =)
JoeHohman
View Profile
Special user
Erie
594 Posts

Profile of JoeHohman
RiderBacks, as a magi I loved this -- but the thought occurred to me that this handling is designed especially for magicians who already know the effect.

Having said that, it was still pretty AWESOME! The move just shy of the 1:00 minute mark totally went by me the first two times I watched it.... Yowza.
RiderBacks
View Profile
Loyal user
249 Posts

Profile of RiderBacks
Quote:
On Dec 1, 2015, JoeHohman wrote: RiderBacks, as a magi I loved this -- but the thought occurred to me that this handling is designed especially for magicians who already know the effect.

Aim high. And if you know the effect and have some experience, you should know what's going on when you see it. But the stellar card-handling skills do, I confess, suck you in. =)
Peckham
View Profile
Regular user
193 Posts

Profile of Peckham
I believe that the Dream of Aces routine was Gary Ouellets version. He probably worked with DC.
HoDinhYu
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of HoDinhYu
Still the best segment I love from the old DC show.
misterbill
View Profile
Elite user
Bill Thompson
416 Posts

Profile of misterbill
Resurrecting old posts is fun...

If I am performing a parlor show I would do McDonald's Aces with the gaffs... but if I am doing a close-up show seated with and possibly surrounded by spectators then I am going to do John Bannon's Bullet train and blow their stinkin' minds right out of their heads!
"To let understanding stop at what cannot be understood is a high attainment.
Those who cannot do it will be destroyed on the lathe of heaven." - Chuang Tse
langston3711
View Profile
Regular user
Cumming, GA
150 Posts

Profile of langston3711
I like John Guastafarro's Famous Aces. It has a pretty good theme and the aces completely vanish instead of changing to random indifferent cards.
When a magician lets you notice something on your own, his lie becomes impenetrable
~Teller
kebmo3108
View Profile
New user
Vienna, Austria
31 Posts

Profile of kebmo3108
Close up I am doing it only with gaffed cards, but I am cleaning up with the Omni or Phantom Deck... before I start I let them choose a random card for "later" - Then I do Mc Donald's Aces. When finished, I remind them of the card earlier choosen and tell them to look at it and show it to everybody while I turn around.......... ....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Macdonald's Aces... (7 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL