The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » THE MAGIC MENU - The International Journal for Close-Up Magicians » » What's happening? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1908 Posts

Profile of slyhand
I am wondering what is up with the Magic Menu. Is it just late or is it over?
I hope all is well with you and yours Jim.
I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath.

Alec
Jim Sisti
View Profile
V.I.P.
Connecticut
457 Posts

Profile of Jim Sisti
The summer 2010 issue is nearly complete and will be in the hands of subscribers shortly thereafter.

We have not made a decision yet regarding the next volume as the subscription numbers fell a bit short of our target projection for the first volume. There are a few alternative options we are considering, however, other than simply not continuing so we're not definitely calling it a day just yet.
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1908 Posts

Profile of slyhand
Sorry to hear about the numbers. But nice to see you are working on an alternate.
I look forward to the new issue and maybe a new incarnation on the Menu.
I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath.

Alec
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Thank you for the update Jim.

Tony
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5473 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Yes. I was surprised when my automatic subscription renewal was refunded. Curious to hear more about the future...
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1908 Posts

Profile of slyhand
It's now fall. Did the summer issue ever come out?
If so, then it must have gotten lost somewhere along the way to me.

Alec
bsears
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
1040 Posts

Profile of bsears
I haven't received an issue in a while. Last one I got was Spring 2010. I also signed up for a year subscription and only received 3 issues, so I'm definitely curious what is going on.
greatscott
View Profile
Special user
595 Posts

Profile of greatscott
I have not recieved an issue in some time, as well. And I haven't even been contacted about renewal.
Jim Sisti
View Profile
V.I.P.
Connecticut
457 Posts

Profile of Jim Sisti
Here's the scoop. The last issue for this current volume is nearing completion. I'm just waiting for a couple of columns and I'll be able to wrap it up. Rest assured that all subscribers will receive the four issues they've paid for, albeit somewhat late.

Now for the bad news. We never received the amount of subscribers that would make it financially feasible to continue into another volume. The community has voted with their pocketbooks so The Magic Menu will not be continuing past the next issue in its present form. There are other options and offers that I am presently considering, but a print magazine, sadly, is not among them.

Thanks for the support, both to contributors and for those of you who subscribed. Back issues will continue to be available on the website.
bsears
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
1040 Posts

Profile of bsears
Thanks for the update Jim. I'm sorry to hear the sad news.
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1908 Posts

Profile of slyhand
OK, whoever is late, get your column in.

Alec
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan's Beautiful Sunrise Side
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
So...whatever happened?
Mike Maturen
World of Wonder Entertainment
The Magic and Mayhem of Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

AUTHOR OF "A NEW DAWN--Weekly Wisdom From Everyday Life"

member: International Magician's Society
bobn3
View Profile
Special user
Wichita, KS
718 Posts

Profile of bobn3
Will those of us who subscribed get the Summer 2010 issue in the summer of 2011?

Bob Phillips
greatscott
View Profile
Special user
595 Posts

Profile of greatscott
Quote:
On 2011-05-10 22:59, Mike Maturen wrote:
So...whatever happened?

I'm wondering that myself. Does anyone know anything?
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
No, but I'm not worried. Jim is one of the good guys.

Tony
MrGoodfriend
View Profile
New user
Dallas
10 Posts

Profile of MrGoodfriend
I guess I should have read the forum before putting my $40 in July 2010. Even after phone calls and emails, I have been assured of getting 4 issues, that they were on their way to the printer in Dec... Jan... Feb... so here it is May/June 2011... Sure wish that printer wasn't copying all the issues by hand with feather quill. We could get them a little faster if he weren't. Too bad the good guys like Jim are having their reputations smudged by those terrible printers and mailers and whoever else has caused the uncontrollable delays...
bsears
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
1040 Posts

Profile of bsears
Regardless of who is responsible, it reflects negatively on Jim.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » THE MAGIC MENU - The International Journal for Close-Up Magicians » » What's happening? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL