The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Jeff McBride's Focus on Street Magic Las Vegas (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
I do have some good resources on the School of Busking website.
http://www.mariomorris.co.uk/id11.html my manual and dvd!

Eric Evans book The secret art of magic.

Your show or props Ideas you want to use in a show.

If you have not already and if you can don't wait for the school but get out their and work your show.
solrak29
View Profile
Special user
NY Metro
936 Posts

Profile of solrak29
Quote:
On 2013-08-29 06:17, Mario Morris wrote:
Adam Flowers, Leo Diaz, Tim Wise, Jungle Josh and Surgei Clason are all Las Vegas buskers and great assits to the School and facilitators of the weekend.

Awesome team and great guys. The only person I had yet to work with is Leo.
But I can vouch for the rest...these guys are true workers...

Quote:
We decided two year back to drop the Renaissance faire pitch and work the strip, which is awsome.

That is great move...

Quote:
All the training sestions on day one, two and day three take place at the Magic & Mystery School in Las Vegas, which runs so smooth!

Fantastic to see how this has evolved...very well done.
To Find Me On The Pitch, Follow me :On Twitter
Checkout my pseudo blog : The Sidewalk Performers Forum

"I intend to live forever, or die trying" - Groucho Marx
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
Thanks, we listen to the students and each year we tweak change and grow.
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
As for Leo he is better known Master Diaz in Vegas. The year you came he was not able to attend.
He is a rock when we work the strip and backs me up, he joins in the feed back session with top addvice and tips.
bluemagic
View Profile
Loyal user
271 Posts

Profile of bluemagic
I have a question would it be better to take a master class or the street magic class help with my magic routine
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
Hi, If you intend to do street with your magic routine then the foucus on street magic.
Lots of what you will learn is transferable to other feilds of performing. For example I believe street performing is the best venue to learn how to engage your audeiance and audeiance management a skill needed in any type of performing venue. We cover the theori and put it into practise.

If not I suggest you talk to Jeff.
http://www.magicalwisdom.com/about/contact

You may find this page helpful as well.
http://www.magicalwisdom.com/choices
Mind_Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
The Sunshine State USA
1252 Posts

Profile of Mind_Magic
The School of Busking 3 DVDs Set is a good option for international Buskers. It could be good to have the Manual included in the set.
Regards!
magicadam69
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of magicadam69
Ninja Master of Street Performing! Thanks Scotty! I have had the opportunity to sit in on this class a couple of years ago and also perform for some of the class on Fremont Street. It is a fantastic experience and I hightly recommend it. Jeff and Mario do a real knock out job!
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
Hi Adam.
Good to see you on hear I look forward hooking up with you in Vegas.
Great new promo of you working down on Fremont, good job.
http://vimeo.com/43236830
magicadam69
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of magicadam69
Mario, It would be great to hook up for a bit while your here, I would love to sit and chat. I look forward to it!
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
That be great Aadam.
We will be taking one half of the calss down to Fremount street, the other half down to the Strip.
We will then alternate the halfs the following night. This way we will get to see your show as well as mine live.
The students can then watch each other shows. We got great feedback from last year students it rocked.
Hope to see you at the Magic & Mystery School.
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
Seven years on and the we are coming back to Vegas for the Focus on Street Magic for the 6th time. So much has happened - if you think you have nothing to learn from the Magic and Mystery School think again...

When I first attended as a guest teacher back in 2010, I never had any idea how much I was going to learn in this exchange.
To be straight, being a street performer I did not really know Jeff McBride work.
Trust me when I say, with over 2 decades of my own street performing experience behind me, I was in for a surprise, the biggest learning curb EVER!!!

So here we go April 28th– - 30th, 2017 Las Vegas - Focus on Street Magic. Over the years, I have had a big part in shaping this class. Focused training at the Mystery School then street performing on the strip is a whole new learning curb for any budding or experienced street performer who, like myself is still willing to learn a thing or two. Me with my street performing chops and street show experience and Jeff with his touch of class, with deep street experience, knowledge, endless resources and magical background. If you want to grow and have a life changing experience sign up while you still can.

Here are 2 links
1 to my latest blog
"Streets are for everyone" https://www.schoolofbusking.com/2017/03/......veryone/
2 the focus on street magic promo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALE65MRP-hA
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Jeff McBride's Focus on Street Magic Las Vegas (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL