The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Just a Cup - Axel Hecklau (19 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
The dies are normal size. Also it comes with a bigger die that can be used as a finale load.
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1990 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
The die is 3/4".

Quote:
On Feb 14, 2018, wchoo002 wrote:
Does anyone know what size the die is?
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
Nala Nosmoht
View Profile
Special user
Surrey,B.C. Canada,
641 Posts

Profile of Nala Nosmoht
Just a thought ... this must be good as it's something you never see posted on " tricks and effects for sale or trade"
Bad jelly
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of Bad jelly
I recently purchased this from Axel when in Blackpool. I had the pleasure of watching this as a 'one to one' Demo/Performance.
There was no 'Pressure to buy' dilemma going on, he simply enjoyed performing it and I had decided to buy this long before. Got the bargain of Convention prices which was nice.

The result was just pure and simple joy with lots of laughter. I'm branching out from performing mostly card stuff and what a great way to venture forth.
I will surely enjoy the many practice sessions that lay ahead while I remain inspired by his talent.

R
Marcus001
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of Marcus001
Has anyone changed the supplied cup? It’s not that easy to get a lemon of a decent size in the cup (I’d like to stick with using lemons). . I like the idea of a leather dice cup, but would love one slightly larger to take a slightly larger lemon. I haven’t found anything suitable online, but wondering if anyone can recommend something??

Thank you

Mark
mr_misdirection
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of mr_misdirection
For my first post (bizarrely as I've been a member since 2005, what can I say I like to think before I post) I came straight to a Chop Cup page as it has been my favourite piece of magic since I was a kid.

Whilst I used to perform quite a bit my job (and life) caused a "pause" in performing. Having now decided to hit play again my Chop Cup was the first thing I reached for.

I had been experimenting with variations of it as over the past couple of years I've seen so many people buy a cheap Chop Cup from eBay, thus knowing the secret, I thought it was time to move things on.

Particularly as one such person will be at a gig I'm due to perform at. Thank you Doug for your review and input, I shall be investing in this over the summer and blowing the mind of my friend who will be convinced they know how it's done.
Piers
View Profile
Inner circle
A Limited Edition of
1394 Posts

Profile of Piers
Quote:
On Jan 18, 2018, Dougini wrote:
Hi friends! Doug here. I have been playing with Just A Cup since it got here today. This is exactly what I thought it was, plus a BONUS! An ingenious way to show your hands completely EMPTY before (and sometimes during) showing the effect! This method is indetectible!

An absolute DREAM, Just A Cup! So simple, yet FLOORS laypeople! I can fool Chop Cup people using this method! The thing I like is, it solves the problem I had back in 2001, with the setup. I could NOT show my hands EMPTY. With this system, you CAN. And, it's "portable". I have two more effects using this principle.

I have been asked time and again, "Can I use a PK ring?" The answer is NO. Not the same thing. This is a whole new POWER Axel has discovered. I need to look into this more. I had to laugh. The "Finger Breaking" sound effect is BRILLIANT! Takes practice to get the timing right. But MAN! Does it sound GROSS! Crunch!

Doug

Had 'that' same thought last night. No is also the answer.
Just a great routine and beautifully made.
Bought mine in 2010. I see it now comes with extra dice.
Smile

www.justgiving.com/piers-cancer-fund

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-2

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-3

Finished my 4 months of Chemotherapy in 2009. 3 monthly checks since... and into 2021!

As seen on the QE2 and QM2.

Author of Salem's Cornucopia - SUC Book
RickDangerous
View Profile
Special user
I can't believe I made
974 Posts

Profile of RickDangerous
Quote:
On May 29, 2018, Marcus001 wrote:
Has anyone changed the supplied cup? It’s not that easy to get a lemon of a decent size in the cup (I’d like to stick with using lemons). . I like the idea of a leather dice cup, but would love one slightly larger to take a slightly larger lemon. I haven’t found anything suitable online, but wondering if anyone can recommend something??

Thank you

Mark

I use a lime. Perfect size, looks nice
"Reality is what you can get away with."
Robert A. Wilson

"Think for yourself and question authority."
Timothy Leary
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Just a Cup - Axel Hecklau (19 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL