The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPealing or APPalling? » » Mental Killer by Max Krause (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6~7~8~9~10~11~12 [Next]
Jupiter47
View Profile
Loyal user
299 Posts

Profile of Jupiter47
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand I love it! I'm sure that's no surprise
Magicmike221
View Profile
Special user
Manchester UK
612 Posts

Profile of Magicmike221
Quote:
On 2012-12-26 14:52, Max Krause wrote:
Hi all,

I will be releasing a customizable version as part of Mental Killer pro in 2013. No release date as of yet.

To those of you with Android devices,

I am in the process of learning how to program for the iPhone. Once I get up to speed with that then I will work on learning the Android platform. That is when you will see Mental Killer for the Android. No release date however for that either. So many irons in the fire so to speak.

Best regards,
Max

Great news Max...That should bring in a lot more custom for you ...all the best for 2013
jochem
View Profile
New user
The Netherlands
5 Posts

Profile of jochem
Can't wait for it to arrive on Android! Looks like great work!
Max Krause
View Profile
V.I.P.
I should be creating magic with my
1188 Posts

Profile of Max Krause
Jupiter47,

Glad to hear you're a fan! Smile

Magicmike223 and jochem,

Thank you for the kind words and I will do my best to get it done.

Kind regards,
Max
roblane
View Profile
Special user
Say 'toast' five times, toast toast.....
845 Posts

Profile of roblane
I just bought an iphone from ebay (yes, mainly so I could perform Max's creation). Was it worth it? Abso-flippin'lutely! Without doubt the best £7 I have ever, yes EVER, spent on any magic/mentalism product. As my long-suffering partner would tell you, (and she doesn't know half) I spend too much on my hobby, but this is in reality too cheap for such an amazing effect. As any hobbyist will tell you, family are the most difficult to impress for reasons you all know well. With MK one presentation allows the performer to leave the person who answers the call to take the credit, which to my mind makes it more believable to family as it's not you 'doing the mind reading'. I play this aspect up, saying that I'm both annoyed and amazed that after years of practice this person can make this reveal over the phone and that I have no idea how they know! Thanks Max. (Still using card stats and macaan too)
Definition of a Freudian slip; Saying one thing and meaning a "mother"!
edshern
View Profile
Special user
957 Posts

Profile of edshern
Quote:
On 2012-10-22 16:29, Max Krause wrote:
Here is a hint of what else is coming for Mental Killer besides iOs 6 and iPhone 5 support. Call this number, 612-564-9189

Just tried calling this number and was told the call back time is 23 days Smile

Not a good sign for someone who is thinking about this effect Smile

Also having trouble getting to the web site Smile
http://innovativedeceptions.com/
jugglestruck
View Profile
Inner circle
Wales
1038 Posts

Profile of jugglestruck
I have been reading rave reviews about this.....android please!
Ross W
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1779 Posts

Profile of Ross W
Deleted
Author.
Twitter: @rosswelford
www.rosswelford.com
DynaMix
View Profile
Inner circle
1146 Posts

Profile of DynaMix
Guys I have totally forgot how to access the menu. Can someone PM me to remind me! I wanna check this in app purchase, I missed it somehow.
DynaMix
View Profile
Inner circle
1146 Posts

Profile of DynaMix
One thing I've really been enjoying lately is using this as an out, ala Invisible Deck style. I just keep a "prediction" in my wallet that has the name and number written down. I call it, and viola - salvage whatever routine I messed up (usually a thought of card type routine where I'm off by very little). Don't even bring my ID out anymore.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Does anyone know if this will be updated for I o7 , can't seem to get hold of Max after many attempts from myself and others he seems to have disappeared of the radar .
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
This is the problem with apps they can't be continually updated due to cost so everyone loses out . You are far better off with standard props like coins and cards as they will never disappear like Max and even SMS text by Angelo Carbone never got updated so now rendered pretty useless unless you want old software etc .
rasp
View Profile
Inner circle
1122 Posts

Profile of rasp
The updates do not seem to present a problem for developers such as......... Salah Aaz, Myke Phillips and Greg Rostami!!
Max Krause
View Profile
V.I.P.
1188 Posts

Profile of Max Krause
Hey guys!

Sorry for the delay in responding to this thread regarding updating Mental Killer for iOS 7. I've had a TON of stuff dropped on my plate in life none of which do I care to go into details about. I now also own a brick and mortar magic shop along with the performing, lecturing, creating, and app development.

Updating to match an OS shift as big as the one from iOS 6 to iOS 7 is not as simple as re-skinning the app. This is by far the most involved update thus far.

Right now the app still functions in iOS 7 just fine - it is simply not a perfect visual match for the new phone screen from Apple. I've used MK in the real world with iOS 7 and the dial pad discrepancy has more or less gone unnoticed. If somebody calls you on it, you can tell them you found an app that allows you to modify your dial pad back to it's former state. It's a matter of conviction.

In regards to pricing apps. Mental Killer when I first released it was $50.00 and you needed a jailbroken iphone. Once Apple approved it for release in iTunes the price dropped down to $20.00. I even gave refunds to those who wanted it regarding the jailbroken version. The app has gone through several price changes but I also produced an ebook and gave that to those who paid the higher price for free and the ones who paid less than $20 had to send me the difference so that everyone would be on a level playing field. In reality it was me who first put an app out for more than the typical $2.99 - $5.99 price. I then released MACAAN aka Card Stats for $60.00 because I am well aware of how powerful it is and it is more than worth it. So is Mental Killer but you can get it for only $9.99 and the ebook is still available as well. Which I also give a free update to when another iteration of Mental Killer is released. I price my apps based on the value I think they provide you as a perfomer. I know they are strong because I use them every day in paid performances to tremendous effect.

You guys all know I try to provide excellent value and service for the money. That's one of the reasons MK has been at it's current price, with the option of in-app purchases. I will probably have another in app purchase to go along with the next update to help generate income to support doing this new update.

As some of you have mentioned - this effect is worth its weight in gold - you'll pay WAY more for other mentalism effects that aren't as practical and that you don't use as often. I have no completion time for this and I am not going to promise any specific date. Those of you that know me know it will get done and done right. Good things come to those who wait. In the meantime rest assured I am well aware of the situation.

I am also going to release Mental Killer Pro eventually. Again this has been a long time coming but will be a monster once it's released.

Best regards,
Max
scrapdo
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of scrapdo
Any update on the pro version or updating this one?
Hard for me to purchase with all the talk of lost functionality but it sounds like a winner.

Thanks
Max Krause
View Profile
V.I.P.
1188 Posts

Profile of Max Krause
Now that iOS 7.1 has been released and hopefully Apple is done screwing with the phone app I can start working on the update for Mental Killer. I will let you know how progress is going and also when the update has been submitted to the app store. No promise date but I am still using the prior version every time I perform with total success and no questioning of the interface.

Kind regards,
Max
magicblademan
View Profile
Special user
uk
523 Posts

Profile of magicblademan
Any news for Android ?
If you put the time in....you will achieve ...
scrapdo
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of scrapdo
Anxiously awaiting the update to purchase.
Thanks for the info.
majura1
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of majura1
How can I get the instructions back again--I need to know how to code the joker can someone please help
GordonTheHypnotist
View Profile
Elite user
Don't Read This Sign
495 Posts

Profile of GordonTheHypnotist
Hi Majura1 I PM'd you
Gullibility is an attractive quality in people
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPealing or APPalling? » » Mental Killer by Max Krause (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6~7~8~9~10~11~12 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL