The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Science of Magic » » The Psychology of Magic at TEDxCanberra (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dr S
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of Dr S
This is my talk on the psychology of magic at an independently organised TED event in Canberra, Australia.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfCAJ-yet......=channel
chill
View Profile
Veteran user
colorado, usa
385 Posts

Profile of chill
Thank you, enjoyed it
I spent most of my money on magic and women, the rest i just wasted
Bondy
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of Bondy
Thanks for posting this
todd fritz
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of todd fritz
Nice talk.
I love this stuff.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Good to hear a little of Virginia Satir's work remembered. (1:59) and from there some Bandler. Smile

BTW, John Ramsay had a tremendous sense of what others were thinking which he used at his shop and among magicians.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Simon Southern Moss
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Simon Southern Moss
A wonderful talk Simon.

I really enjoyed the lines and presentation, and felt, if anything, the audience were too mild.

Just a couple of minor points. First, the benefits of biofeedback, such as smiling, on mood are mitigated, and sometimes disappear, when explicit. As you would know, in most studies, the movements are incidental. But, when people are actually told to smile, the benefits, at least as measured by implicit or indirect measures, are not significant. If you know of any studies that diverge from this assumption, please let me know, because I could very well have missed this research.
MagicDan3333
View Profile
New user
Sun Prairie, WI
38 Posts

Profile of MagicDan3333
I have been both a psychotherapist and magician for over 30 years, love continuing to learn about the blend of psychology and magic.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Science of Magic » » The Psychology of Magic at TEDxCanberra (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL