The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Daniel Garcia Project 6 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Chris Piercy
View Profile
Special user
Dorset, England
932 Posts

Profile of Chris Piercy
Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone has this DVD or has seen this DVD, I was a matter of days away from releasing a brand new effect but a friend of mine pointed me in the direction of the contents of this DVD and one of the tricks appears similar but I need confirmation from someone as to whether it is the same or not.

If you've seen it or have it please could you PM me.

Kindest regards,
Chris Piercy
Chris Piercy
View Profile
Special user
Dorset, England
932 Posts

Profile of Chris Piercy
Don't worry (I'm sure you weren't worrying anyway)

But the new trailer has answered my question!
michaangelo
View Profile
Regular user
184 Posts

Profile of michaangelo
Saw the new set on Penguin Magic - First 500 are autographed by Paul Harris and Daniel Garcia... Only question is, do they sell 4-5-6 by themselves??? Plenty of us who love Daniel already have 1-2-3 and don't need the full 6 DVD set.
Chris Piercy
View Profile
Special user
Dorset, England
932 Posts

Profile of Chris Piercy
I know that magicshop.co.uk sell them individually so I guess they must be on sale elsewhere on their own.

I'm a little disappointed there's recycled material from Five and Symphony on there.
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4540 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Why? They said even in the description that stuff in Symphony was from projects vol 4-6. Nothing from Five is in there.

So that's 5/26(?) effects.

^^
And you know for a fact 4-6 are gonna be released separately Smile They are just doing the limited signed thing right now. Theory 11 will have exclusives to the download for 4-6
michaangelo
View Profile
Regular user
184 Posts

Profile of michaangelo
Outstanding!
Chris Piercy
View Profile
Special user
Dorset, England
932 Posts

Profile of Chris Piercy
Looks like there is quality material on there as you'd expect from DG, my mistake about tricks from 5 being on there!
I'm sure these will be a massive success.
flipped
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of flipped
Penguin has vol. 4,5 and 6 sold individually. I've already bought mine.
Strange Tasting Fish Sticks
View Profile
1988 - 2013
The Big Brother is watching you
1095 Posts

Profile of Strange Tasting Fish Sticks
Ellusionist just released them also. I'm thinking of getting one with the best coin effects...has anyone seen daniel garcia's trick "MATH", is it any good? Gimmicks used?

Thanks!

PS: I don't own any of Garcia's material but I've heard its all excellent!
Chris Piercy
View Profile
Special user
Dorset, England
932 Posts

Profile of Chris Piercy
If you've got an old deck and some spare time making a deck to use for his trick 3rd Degree is well worth it - it absolutely slays laypeople.
Probably worth the cost of the DVD it's on (I forget which number it's on, number 1 I think)

DG's work is always solid!
Lou Cirulli
View Profile
Special user
587 Posts

Profile of Lou Cirulli
Quote:
On 2010-11-19 08:20, cmpmagic wrote:
If you've got an old deck and some spare time making a deck to use for his trick 3rd Degree is well worth it - it absolutely slays laypeople.
Probably worth the cost of the DVD it's on (I forget which number it's on, number 1 I think)

I've owned volumes 1-3 since they came out. 3rd Degree is a very good effect but you have to incorporate cigarettes to do it. I did it a few times even though I wasn't a smoker, using someone else's cig. Haven't done it in a few years as now I can't stand the smell of cigarette smoke! YUCK.
Natanel
View Profile
Special user
739 Posts

Profile of Natanel
I keep hearing he;s a good magician and I checked out some videos and HOLY **** I want to punch him in the face. This wannabe hip breed of magician is way worse then the social misfit magician of yesteryear.
People who work for Theory 11: Do you want a young guy without a stupid gelled haircut or eurotrash jeans for your videos? PM me.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Wow. That's rude. Punch him in the face? Really? You want to tell that to him personally?
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Chris Piercy
View Profile
Special user
Dorset, England
932 Posts

Profile of Chris Piercy
Quote:
On 2010-12-02 15:23, Cameron Francis wrote:
Wow. That's rude. Punch him in the face? Really? You want to tell that to him personally?

Couldn't agree with you more Cameron - totally out of order!
Chris Piercy
View Profile
Special user
Dorset, England
932 Posts

Profile of Chris Piercy
Quote:
On 2010-11-21 20:34, Lou Cirulli wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-11-19 08:20, cmpmagic wrote:

I've owned volumes 1-3 since they came out. 3rd Degree is a very good effect but you have to incorporate cigarettes to do it. I did it a few times even though I wasn't a smoker, using someone else's cig. Haven't done it in a few years as now I can't stand the smell of cigarette smoke! YUCK.

I'm an ex-smoker and cigarette smoke is up there with my least favourite smells - but it's worth putting up with to perform 3rd degree!
asherfox
View Profile
Veteran user
367 Posts

Profile of asherfox
Quote:
On 2010-11-19 01:07, Strange Tasting Fish Sticks wrote:
Ellusionist just released them also. I'm thinking of getting one with the best coin effects...has anyone seen daniel garcia's trick "MATH", is it any good? Gimmicks used?

Thanks!

PS: I don't own any of Garcia's material but I've heard its all excellent!

MATH don't use any gimmicks but a classic sleight to show your palms empty. That maybe effective, however, I don't think that is an new idea to magician.
The highlights of this DVD(vol.5) should be Void, .44, in-visible monte and Lotto.
they are all good. Well worth the money.
Scott Fridinger
View Profile
Special user
Gloucester Pt, VA
893 Posts

Profile of Scott Fridinger
Quote:
On 2010-12-02 15:11, Natanel wrote:
I keep hearing he;s a good magician and I checked out some videos and HOLY **** I want to punch him in the face. This wannabe hip breed of magician is way worse then the social misfit magician of yesteryear.

While I don't agree with the way you come across here, I kinda understand where you are coming from. I know a "hip" street person who had business cards that said "Sex, Magic and Rock and Roll". Made me want to puke.

However, some of Garcia's work is pretty good, some I didn't care for. But there is material for everyone. I know on 5 he has a variation of the "easy money" type effect where you show a lottery ticket, and it turns into some dollar bills. I am going to get this disk just for that effect, looks great, and it makes sense.
www.JustGreatMagic.com
Sleight of Hand, Sleight of Mind
Natanel
View Profile
Special user
739 Posts

Profile of Natanel
Yeah it's an over-the-top comment, used for effect and quite common in my neck of the woods. I do not mean it literally, though I would tell him to his face that his performance style is very unfortunate IMHO....
People who work for Theory 11: Do you want a young guy without a stupid gelled haircut or eurotrash jeans for your videos? PM me.
james_thecanadian_magician
View Profile
Veteran user
331 Posts

Profile of james_thecanadian_magician
I personally luv Daniels performing style. So comfortable and relaxed and having fun.
tian_ci
View Profile
Elite user
Knoxville, TN
477 Posts

Profile of tian_ci
Wannabe hip breed of magician? You realize the guy consults David Blaine and works with Paul Harris? Far from wannabe... I'm sure though you have performance videos up on youtube from your webcam showing us all how to correctly perform though for a lay audience... hah
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Daniel Garcia Project 6 (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL