The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Dave Forrest - NEVERMORE (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Waterloophai
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1369 Posts

Profile of Waterloophai
Just downloaded the newest DVD from Dave Forrest. (you can order the physical DVD also and then you get the download version for free)

Ten mental tricks (9 with playing cards, one with coins).
The name Forrest is your guarantee.

My review?
Only two words: buy it !
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
The demos are great! Looking forward to checking this out myself.

I watched the demo for ACAANABLE and was completely floored! Then I remembered it was in the Nevermind PDF. One of those tricks I read and thought, "Cool", but never tried it. After seeing the demo, I want to perform that bad boy!
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Dave Forrest
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
857 Posts

Profile of Dave Forrest
Thanks folks,

Just a heads up to say that in an endeavour to be as up front as possible regarding content advertising I'm currently asking visitors to the site to vote for which effect from 'Nevermore' they'd like to see demo'ed next.

There are two demo's up there at the moment. Go and have a read through the descriptions of all 10 effects on the Nevermore DVD and vote for which effect you'd like to see a full performance clip of. The most popular choice will be online by the end of the week - link in my signature.

P.S. At the moment, SIGHT is winning.

Thanks,

Dave.
Waterloophai
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1369 Posts

Profile of Waterloophai
Quote:
On 2010-11-27 05:01, Dave Forrest wrote:

......and vote for which effect you'd like to see a full performance clip of. The most popular choice will be online by the end of the week - link in my signature.
P.S. At the moment, SIGHT is winning.
Thanks,
Dave.

I have downloaded the DVD and seen them all. It is impossible for me to choose. All the effects are evenly VERY strong except perhaps "Rapport". But that is pure personal because I find tricks with the concept of "mates" never that strong.
Bietfriek
View Profile
Special user
Bye, bye after
502 Posts

Profile of Bietfriek
Dave did it again.....
He 'plucked' money from my paypal account!
Ah well, Nevermind..Smile

Always good stuff and very nice that I could get a discount (I also have Nevermind)
Recommended!
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Watched it all the way through. Awesome material from Mat and Dave. I, too, would be hard pressed to pick a favorite. I absolutely love Souls. It takes the "thought of card prints on a blank card" effect to the next level.

Stranger is great, too. And, I have to agree with Dave on this one, it's better to do a Brainwave effect with an deck you can use for other tricks than having to carry around an extra deck for the same effect.

All strong stuff!
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Dave Forrest
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
857 Posts

Profile of Dave Forrest
Quote:
On 2010-11-28 12:18, Cameron Francis wrote:

It takes the "thought of card prints on a blank card" effect to the next level.

That old chestnut!

Dave.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Ha, ha! Well, I like those kinds of effects so I know a few of them. Regal's Deja Vu Deck, Aldo's Draw A Blank, Caleb WIle's Holy Blank. All of them very different in terms of method but all effective. What really sets Dave's apart is that the card is never named out loud.
Olympic Adam
View Profile
Inner circle
1259 Posts

Profile of Olympic Adam
Great stuff here, I had the ebook and the additions plus discount meant I had to get this and I am really happy with it. Not sure I will add all the tricks to my repertoire but that doesn't matter given the quality of the ones I will add. The effects all do exactly what they say they will and the methods are really workable yet well hidden.
This is a great deal, all great stuff
Protection for mind readers and mentalists: http://tricksofthemind.com
King14
View Profile
Loyal user
268 Posts

Profile of King14
When can we buy the DVD??Looks great
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Right here!

http://full52.com/nevermore.htm

Another effect that needs a shout out is Moniker. A GREAT spin on an old, just okay trick. Terrific presentation and a real fooler!
Olympic Adam
View Profile
Inner circle
1259 Posts

Profile of Olympic Adam
I've tried most of these on real people now and even ones I thought may not go down so well, were brilliant. Most, if not all of these would do well as individual effects that could cost a lot more money. Great deal on this one, real value for money. Still not seen a bad full52 release, my only concern is that my whole repertoire will be full52 releases if it carries on this way.

I agree with you Cameron on the ACAANABLE point, for whatever reason I still hadn't tried it since I bought the ebook but I tried it the day after I downloaded this and it went down a treat!

Alone plays really well, sure fire miracle!

As far as the content advertising is concerned everything is as advertised in my view, couldn't be happier with this one.
Protection for mind readers and mentalists: http://tricksofthemind.com
Dave Forrest
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
857 Posts

Profile of Dave Forrest
Quote:
Alone plays really well, sure fire miracle!

As far as the content advertising is concerned everything is as advertised in my view, couldn't be happier with this one.

You should see where me and the "Floridian Brando" are at right now with 'Alone' - I genuinely shiver! Am I right Cam?

Dave.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Oh, man. Dave and I taken to Alone with a chisel and hammer and chipped and carved it down to a sleek, srtreamlined, smooth as silk little gem. Actually, it's kind of a different effect now, or potentially a different effect. But it's gooooood.
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2757 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
For some reason the discount code isn't workin?!
Any1 else have the same problem?

Kyle
horjl
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of horjl
Couldn't get the discount code to work as well. Hopefully Dave will fix it asap.
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1524 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
I got the discount to work and purchased the download, but the links etc don't work.
I emailed them last week but had no response yet???
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
I also Emailed him last week and no response. My link for the Nevermore purchase does work. Maybe Cameron F. can get a hold of him.

RNK
Check out Bafflingbob.com
King14
View Profile
Loyal user
268 Posts

Profile of King14
When will the DVD be shipping??
horjl
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of horjl
As far as I know Dave never replies to emails, at least from my previous experience.

I was referring to the discount code for people who own the Nevermind ebook, not the Christmas discount code though. I wonder if anyone get it to work?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Dave Forrest - NEVERMORE (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL