The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Feminine Mystique » » Has any woman contributed anything groundbreaking to magic? (10 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Michael_MacDonald
View Profile
1964 - 2016
Washington
2037 Posts

Profile of Michael_MacDonald
Her performing for a bunch of magicians, she is really nervous but pulls it off.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6rujzpXclE
Jesse K
View Profile
Regular user
Finland
133 Posts

Profile of Jesse K
The Queen Of Cigarettes: Zirka
Thoughts?
Heart full of Rock 'n' Roll and Magic.

https://www.facebook.com/jesse.kervinen.1
alextsui
View Profile
Regular user
Malaysia
154 Posts

Profile of alextsui
Quote:
On 2013-04-19 17:58, Michael_MacDonald wrote:
Her performing for a bunch of magicians, she is really nervous but pulls it off.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6rujzpXclE

I don't think she's nervous at all. It's part of her presentation that she seems to be struggling to get the cards right. That's more impressive than just rattling off "Your cards are 4H, 8D, KC, etc." without any effort at all.
Brad Jeffers
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of Brad Jeffers
Quote:
On 2010-12-30 23:31, Payne wrote:
Let us not forget Lulu Hearst, The Famous Georgia Magnet.

Annie Abbott was The Little Georgia Magnet. Lulu Hurst was The Georgia Wonder. No one was The Famous Georgia Magnet.

Many women have made great contributions to the art of magic. As far as "groundbreaking" contributions go, I feel sure that over 99% of male magicians have none of those on their resume.
Danny Kazam
View Profile
Inner circle
1451 Posts

Profile of Danny Kazam
Wow, lots of names but no creditionals being listed. Not saying there isn't any but could we list what contributions they contributed instead of just names. For example; the girl who was first to pull a hanky from her !@#$%^. There has to more than that as contributions to the magic community? In other words, lets list not just names, but what exactly they have contributed that was unique and useful to the growth of magic.
Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6415 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Ruth Rice! She's kept Silk King Studios running! That's a feat today!

Doug
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4505 Posts

Profile of landmark
Terri Rogers.
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"--Abraham Lincoln

You can read my daily blog at Musings, Memories, and Magic
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
20092 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Dell O'Dell the queen of rhyme patter.
Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
6851 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Heqq! Bill!!!

I read through this entire thread looking for Dell O'Dell! I never knew her, but, from everything I've heard, she was a real professional!

My friend, Michael CLAXTON, has just written and published a book on her life. She was a real credit to the profession.

At one point, she had at least 3 men working for her as assistants. No one ever saw them!

She was so busy, that she had 3 sets of props. Jay Marshall, in his younger days, was one of the assistants.

She would often have 3 gigs in one evening. Jay's job was to go to a club, set her props, watch her work, and, when she left for her second of three gigs, pack her props, and, go home. I can't remember the other two men. One was a "retired" old pro.

BTW, Suzy Wandas, whom I met in the '60s, at Abbott's GTG, was another fine performer. She was most talented, and the "Wandas Sisters" were headliners in Europe.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Feminine Mystique » » Has any woman contributed anything groundbreaking to magic? (10 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL