The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Legacy - Underground Collective (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..9~10~11 [Next]
jbadman
View Profile
Special user
London
985 Posts

Profile of jbadman
In literally hundreds of performances of this routine I have never not managed to have the spectators hold the cards exactly how I wanted. However, as Paisa states, if this worries you, table them. This is, in fact, how I used to do it originally; Josh persuaded me otherwise and he's absolutely right - it's way stronger with the cards in the spectator's hands.

Cheers,

Jamie.
http://www.underground-collective.com - check out our new DVD now!
magicmerlz
View Profile
Loyal user
241 Posts

Profile of magicmerlz
This looks to me like a variation on Andy Nymans Killer Elite.

Matt
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Yes, I thought the same basically! But the thread doesn't disguise that there are different "presentations" for this miracle...

BTW, isn't there a discrepancy among these aged-looking cards and the printer-new feel they have?
So I suppose one needs to age the cards by wearing them openly in the back pocket of your jeans for a week...! Smile
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
jbadman
View Profile
Special user
London
985 Posts

Profile of jbadman
Yea, Legacy does employ the same concept that KE does - which is an old technique that predates both of these routines. It also utilizes other concepts too, in order to obtain some exceptional conclusions to the routine.

My cards have been in my pocket, loose for a while and I've scrunched them a bit - same as the photos. Everything looks perfect now ;-)

Jamie.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
[quote]On 2011-03-18 06:52, magicmerlz wrote:
This looks to me like a variation on Andy Nymans Killer Elite.

Matt
[/quote

That was kinda to what I was Hinting at but didn't want to say it... I love killer elite so much I made my own version with horror killers, so Legacy is seriously an effect that I would do ALLLLLL THE TIME... Need to order but just found out my Pup has Parvo she is five months and needs to be hospitalized so ima have to wait on this.. ALL DOG LOVERS PRAY FOR MY ATHENA!!!

jbadman
View Profile
Special user
London
985 Posts

Profile of jbadman
I'm a dog lover, Paisa; I feel your pain. Hope it all works out well.

PM me your address and I'll make sure you get a copy of Legacy on me. And when you get it, bet the Vet that if you can predict the card they choose, they should do the operation for free ;-)

Cheers,

Jamie.
Rick
View Profile
Elite user
Va.
452 Posts

Profile of Rick
What a super cool guy you are Jamie! Will, I hope your dog gets well. Best wishes!
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Jamie, this looks great. Best of luck with it!
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
WOW Jamie, thank you very much. Vet called today and said no change but that its good that it didn't get worse. I guess its Parva and its a desease that attacks the Intestine... Yeah I'm praying and believe me I will show the Vet this gem. Thanks again..
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
The Land Down Under
2126 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
Hey Jamie and Colin.

This looks AMAZING. I wish you every success with it.

Cheers

Benny
+Inventor of the world famous Floating Match+
+Author: Machinations (Vanishing Inc, 2020)+
EVERYTHING BEN HARRIS
jbadman
View Profile
Special user
London
985 Posts

Profile of jbadman
Thanks guys. Just waiting on people to actually get this and tell it how it is. Fingers crossed everyone likes it.

Cheers,

Jamie.
Rick
View Profile
Elite user
Va.
452 Posts

Profile of Rick
Just got mine today. All I can say is wow... The craftsmanship of the items supplied is a thing of beauty. This is a great piece to perform right out of the box. The playing cards look so good all ready aged.. Nice work on the photo as well. I can't tell you how nice this whole package looks, you have to see for yourself..I will be using this tomorrow! Thanks Jamie for another killer effect! The only thing I hope is this trend of effects (Heirloom,Legacy).. Underground puts out will not come to an end. Peace!
jbadman
View Profile
Special user
London
985 Posts

Profile of jbadman
Wow - thanks Rick - glad you're pleased with it!

Today I finished the write up of the stuff I wanted to get in to the free download we're making available to anyone who buys Legacy - this contains some additional hints and tips, an updated version of the handling and a bonus routine that will make you smile!

Cheers,

Jamie.
magicHart
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas, Nevada
548 Posts

Profile of magicHart
I'm sure you are probably aware by now, but there is a typo on page 4 "Layout" ...indicates "Nine of Spades"...should be Clubs!!
jbadman
View Profile
Special user
London
985 Posts

Profile of jbadman
Not aware until now, but thanks for pointing this out ;-)

Cheers,

Jamie.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
OK here is an Update on my puppy Athena, Picked her up from the Vet a whooping $900, but needless to say that she said that we should monitor her for a bit but for the most part she is out of the woods. Thank god she was really tired last night but got home from work today and is a lot more active... Thanks a lot guys for the prayers, I never thought I would be a Dog guy but you grow attached to these little monsters... Here is her after we got her and when she saw her brother again... OH YEAH I opened my mailbox today and got a package, when I opened it I was suprised with what I got, I thought about the method IE with Killer Elite but was pleasantly surprised at the quality of everything you get, From Wallet to Revelations. Surpassed what I thought it to be and can not wait to play with this.. GREAT GREAT JOB Jamie and all who had part in this Gem. VERY VERY VERY Pleased... Hope to have my own vid of me performing this, this week on my youtube page...

http://www.youtube.com/user/paisa23?feat......DheKuLac

paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
WOW LOVE THIS THING!!!! This is how a Close-up effect should look. a Really nice effect made up of really nice and believable props that will last. And the irony here is, the older the props get the more realistic it becomes... LOVE IT!!! Jamie I too like your presentation in the notes and for the EXtra thing.. Awesome if you want to go that Route...

Posted: Mar 24, 2011 6:03pm
No one else wants to chime in?
jbadman
View Profile
Special user
London
985 Posts

Profile of jbadman
Glad you like it and pleased to hear your dog's doing Ok.

Should be releasing the free ebook soon with the additional handling and ideas etc. This will really elevate the routine even further for you I think...

Jamie

Posted: Mar 24, 2011 6:46pm
I should point out that the alternate route that Paisa23 refers to is not the ebook bonus stuff but is that we have provided an additional 'prop' in the package that allows the purist mentalist to present the routine without a potentially 'magical' result. We try to think of
everybody ;-)

Jamie
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Jamie, I cant wait! I keep going back and forth with the alternate Prop, the magician in me says YEAH but the sometime mentalist is saying NO DO IT THIS WAY! Only issue I see with the original is that it might raise a question or challenge. Rick what do you say and Jamie, what do you use? Aksi just want to add why I Love the OBO out for Heirloom becuase it makes the story so much more powerful...
Rick
View Profile
Elite user
Va.
452 Posts

Profile of Rick
So far I have been using this the non magical way so to speak. I have used this at least 20 times now and have much success with it. I have been asked a couple times though can I do this again, and I say yes but... I never got to tell you about my uncle yadda and go into Heirloom if need be. (EX.)I came from a long line of traveling card players..etc...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Legacy - Underground Collective (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..9~10~11 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL