The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » [Videos] In case you need one... (11 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..9..13..17..21..25..28~29~30 [Next]
The Dowser
View Profile
Special user
Canada
763 Posts

Profile of The Dowser
Artificially fabricated, imaginary sycophant says "what"?
Tony45
View Profile
Veteran user
384 Posts

Profile of Tony45
I liked the vid on the deuce drills, nice work.
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3078 Posts

Profile of AMcD
Thanks Tony.

Dowser,

I don't know what's wrong with you. All of a sudden you come and starts talking nonsense. It's ridiculous. Ask Silverking, he can confirm popcalinda and I are two different people. I've never asked, to anyone!, to post something for me and I'll never do that. Of course calling someone a sycophant is another insult we are not allowed to answer because only a bunch of people here have the right to judge other people.

Why you guys don't you talk only about gambling, cheating, card games, sleight of hands, etc.? I'm OK for debating, I'm OK with different opinions and point of views, but I'm really fed up reading insults, teasing and other inappropriate comments the minute we don't agree with some of you.

I strongly suggest to the 5 or 6 big guys "ruling" this place to write a list of rules about what we are allowed to write, who we are allowed to criticize and so on. And, of course, who is allowed to post or have an opinion.

This forum is turning into something completely crazy, it's getting sick. Complete paranoia.

Popcalinda,

Drop it, mate. I just wanted this thread to deal with videos but soon or later I knew it would turn into endless arguments, teasing, etc. I'm just surprised it didn't happen from the minute I started it.
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4574 Posts

Profile of silverking
Based on previous interactions I've had with both parties, I can most definitely confirm that Arnold and popcalinda are two very different people, in two very different locations.

Online friends or associates perhaps........but the same person?......impossible.
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3078 Posts

Profile of AMcD
Thanks for that Silverking. I appreciated.

We're not associates though, simply friends.
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1868 Posts

Profile of kcg5

On 2011-03-30 11:58, AMcD wrote:

I strongly suggest to the 5 or 6 big guys "ruling" this place to write a list of rules about what we are allowed to write, who we are allowed to criticize and so on. And, of course, who is allowed to post or have an opinion.

[/quote]

Well, of course we will need blackeagles final word on all this. I am not allowed to be criticized, and my opinions don't really matter.
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!

"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
manolesta73
View Profile
New user
Italy
42 Posts

Profile of manolesta73
Nice work,
have a question,
is it really necessary take those cards from the bottom after the first deck stacked?
sorry for my english
sincerely
Maitre D
View Profile
Veteran user
339 Posts

Profile of Maitre D
I'm all for getting this forum back on track, but the recent onslaught of clowns have made it impossible to do so. I won't name names, but I remain optimistic.
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3078 Posts

Profile of AMcD
Manolesta73,

Yes it's necessary, because the cut. Of course, I could have used a run of false cuts or something like that, there are a plenty of ways available. But in my videos I try to stay as close as I can to the procedures I face in my gambling environment. A false cut wouldn't fly. Not cutting the deck either. So...
The Dowser
View Profile
Special user
Canada
763 Posts

Profile of The Dowser
I will quote Juan Tamariz:
"I am Crayzeee Today!"
Amcd:
Although I made no outright accusations, my posts did beg the question and I certainly entertained myself unfairly at your expense in a thread where you posted a video of quality work and deserve credit... so you know what that means...

An apology is in order... (I hate this part)......I.....am.........(oh jeez Mom do I have to?....o.k.)

I am sorry.

cinahcem... he is real too right? (just had to ask)
slim23
View Profile
Veteran user
309 Posts

Profile of slim23
AMcD, I am happy to hear your writing a booklet.
Do you plan on selling it or just sharing it to some close friends?
I would probably be interested in such a booklet.
By the way, good work with the videos.

Slim
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3078 Posts

Profile of AMcD
Slim23,

It will be sold. It's the first volume of a (I hope) long series about card hustling techniques and cheating paraphernalia. Text is finished, we're working on the figures, should be something like 67-70 pages. I don't plan many copies thus, of course, my friends will be the first I'll care about. Otherwise, as long as you are interested in card techniques and the card table and as long as I "know" you a bit (websites, forums, true life, etc.) you can get one. But I've got to be honest with you, many people supported me for that project which started a long time ago, almost one year I think. These (very) patient souls will be favored before people I don't know that much. Last, it's rather "specialized", not really for beginners. Vol. I is about riffle and faro stacking and we plan volumes on n-strippers, beanshooters, coolers, collusion, marked cards, many ploys from true play (I play cards for decades) like unusual glimpses, crimps, etc. I don't believe beginners would get something interesting out of such material and I'd prefer people really involved or very passionated.

I say "we" because even though I'm alone when I write, several persons help me.
slim23
View Profile
Veteran user
309 Posts

Profile of slim23
Thanks for the quick answer.
I was just curious as to the production(mass,schoolbook type or private) of the book. I understand you will do a short production. Nice project.
As for my level, I'm not a beginner and am pretty passionnate about cards but I don't pretend being at your level(and of your friends).
Anyway, it's a good idea to have a volume for different subjects.

Good luck with the books.

Slim

p.s. I might harass you(joke) when you are on the subject of N-strippers. That's what I am putting a lot of time on lately
mavericklancer
View Profile
Elite user
Tustin, CA
448 Posts

Profile of mavericklancer
Thanks for the great second deal drills. I've been working on some routines from Darwin Ortiz and have been trying to find more ways to hone my second and bottom deals. It's nice to break up my normal routine with some interesting and more difficult drills.

The book sounds interesting as well, particularly since I'm also working on riffle stacking (the Sting and Fast Shuffle). It's unfortunate how little comprehensive material is out there. All I've managed to dig up is Jason England's tutorial and Fulves' Riffle Shuffle Technique.
Unknown419
View Profile
Inner circle
1321 Posts

Profile of Unknown419
Quote:
On 2011-03-30 21:22, AMcD wrote:
Slim23,

...We plan volumes on n-strippers, beanshooters, coolers, collusion, marked cards, many ploys from true play (I play cards for decades) like unusual glimpses, crimps, etc. I don't believe beginners would get something interesting out of such material and I'd prefer people really involved or very passionated.

I say "we" because even though I'm alone when I write, several persons help me.

Question...are you just demonstrating these here moves or are you teaching them? Because if you are teaching them, then you are about to get a lot of hustlers hurt or killed. Please clarify because some things should remain secret like the punch deal, cold decking, negative stripper techniques and so on....

We all need money it's true but certain things should not be told; this is why I didn't put anything out.

Signed by

One of your many teachers

Respectfully,

Doc
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1868 Posts

Profile of kcg5
I would bet that some reading the thread didn't know what the N in n strippers was, but you just told them. Cold decking is covered in a lot of places.

Arnold, I'd like to be on the list.
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!

"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3078 Posts

Profile of AMcD
Hi Doc,

I think there are different aspects. I don't think that detailing riffle stacking or faro stacking can hurt someone. That kind of information is available in many sources (at least, about riffle stacking). Maybe the main difficulty is to gather all the sources to get a full view. Principles are explained in many videos, the last one being the excellent one released by Jason for instance. I just use my own style of description, add tips, detail concepts not seen elsewhere... which took me years to find out or to improve! In short, I talk about riffle stacking the way I would have enjoyed to read it when I started to learn it, because I wasted many years practicing bad habits Smile.

Besides, must of the material originate with me. I don't know everything, of course, I don't have 5,000 books and I'm not part of a 70 years of experience Magicians/hustlers circles! For sure, some moves I'm gonna describe are probably published in a unknown pamphlet from the 19th century or are in use in Russia, etc. In all honesty I do my best to talk about what I learned or figured out by myself mainly. Or things I think I have improved. Again, you never know if someone has done it before. But it's important for me not to publish stuff I don't own or that belongs to someone else (unless they told me it's OK to do that). Doc, if I strongly think a move is from me, I don't see how it could hurt someone as I'm probably the only one (or one among just a few) to use it. I stack cards for years and I have an awesome documentation about it. I'm almost sure no one has ever published what I'm talking about in the first volume.

That leads of course to the last part, real material. Punch deal, N-strippers, beanshooters, coolers and so on. It took me years to learn some of those techniques. Information is scarce. Written descriptions are very hard to get. I had to figure out several missing details by myself or with the help of other people. Thus, my idea isn't to bother anyone, but simply to make that information "easily" available to those who want to learn it. The information exists but you have to pay thousands and sometimes it's inaccurate or poorly described. I can give you 6 or 7 sources for any of the techniques above. Thus, I won't be the first one, far from it. My motivation is mainly to get those techniques "properly" printed.

Last, I don't intent to sell thousands copies for every volume. A couple of hundred or something of the like would be enough. And I'm gonna do my best that only people really motivated or who have a real purpose can get one.

But I admit you scored a point about "bothering" people. It's something I didn't think about at first and trust me, it's something I don't want to happen. I fully understand your point of view and I suggest we talk about that more seriously in the future. But volume II and III will be about stacking too. Nothing serious for people like you. I mean, I don't think that Richard Turner, Sal Piacente or Jason England published material has caused injuries to anyone Smile.

I'll be glad to talk about that anytime you want. But privately if you don't mind.

PS: Yes, you're right I learned "some" stuff out of your videos. It was when this place was a cool place. Hell, we're getting old...
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3078 Posts

Profile of AMcD
Hey, episode 2 on drills is ready. It's about riffle stacking, 4'55''.

Have fun.
mavericklancer
View Profile
Elite user
Tustin, CA
448 Posts

Profile of mavericklancer
Thanks for another great drill. I like the idea of using odd backed cards. I had been using a pair or four of a kind of court cards, but that meant that I constantly had to turn cards over to check how I was doing.
The Dowser
View Profile
Special user
Canada
763 Posts

Profile of The Dowser
Good Work on this last video Arnold
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » [Videos] In case you need one... (11 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..9..13..17..21..25..28~29~30 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL