The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » [Videos] In case you need one... (11 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6..11..15..19..23..27..28~29~30 [Next]
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Quote:
On 2011-04-07 10:32, AMcD wrote:
I'm afraid we have bored people with all our arguments :-(.

Sure does kind of make you wonder, innit?
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3078 Posts

Profile of AMcD
You're right Jeff, I'm part of it. I apologized about that. I hope you don't think I'm the only responsible; I've done my best to avoid many fights. The trouble is that I have my own opinions and I consider myself as a free mind, plus a tough nature. But as I wrote, it doesn't matter anymore. As you may have noticed, I only answer to questions and provide material now. Enjoy it if you like it, it won't last long.

Cordially.
Enzo
View Profile
Loyal user
CA
243 Posts

Profile of Enzo
Quote:
This place is really weird lol. In the past I posted very basic stuff or poor quality videos and I had 4,000 or 5,000 downloads each time, for every video. Now it takes one week to get 100 downloads. I'm afraid we have bored people with all our arguments :-(

Isn't that a good thing though? Hey, those endless fights are good for something after all!
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3078 Posts

Profile of AMcD
Well, personally, I would have preferred talking about gambling only. History, cheating techniques, books, paraphernalia... From all origins and cultures. From any experience. Road hustler, enthusiast, pro, semi-pro, advanced player, collector, professional dealer, etc. I'm sure it's still possible.
Kirjava
View Profile
Regular user
118 Posts

Profile of Kirjava
Well Arnold, from an enthusiast point of view, thank you for providing an insight into this legendary technique Smile
My attempts to replicate the n-strippers have not succeeded yet, but you keep me excited about it.
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Arnold, don't get me wrong. I wasn't saying that you personally are to blame for the exodus.

Just the opposite: I think that you and I are just about the only ones left. From the old guard, I mean. Now it's just youngsters and noobs.
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3078 Posts

Profile of AMcD
Don't know.

Of course, the endless arguments here have caused some people to leave. But in another hand, things have evolved for the last years too. There are many places available to talk about Magic or Cheating, not only Genii and the Magic Café. Not to mention the explosion of P2P. I mean, legal or illegal, because huge broadbands now, people download a lot. They have a lot of information available. They need less places like this I suppose.

Prices have gone down too. I've purchased many DVD (from memory, Turner, Ortiz, etc.) for just a few bucks! Amazon, auctions websites etc. allow fantastic bargains.

Many sources too. The great collection from Jason England for instance. Once you have it, you have work for the next 15 years. Thus, why coming here asking for some information (that not many will give!) when $30 or $50 will be enough?

A lot of youngsters, yes. But they are really motivated. They don't realize how lucky they are to live in 2011. It took me years to get some good information about the second deal for instance (not to mention stuff like n-strippers or beanshoohters...). Today, you spend $35 or you just have a Skype session with someone...
The Dowser
View Profile
Special user
Canada
763 Posts

Profile of The Dowser
Idealistic, obsequious, sycophantic Mai-Ling kisser-upper says "what?".
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3078 Posts

Profile of AMcD
Kirjava,

Yes, it's a personal insight. I'm not fortunate enough for having met someone using it for real (albeit, once, I wonder if, lol). Information is pretty scarce, sometimes unreliable or even doubtful (I'm thinking about one famous Magician for instance). Through the years I have gathered maybe a dozen of documents providing some interesting information? And just a few videos. I think everyone has its own variant or application.

It's not an easy matter. I'm sure I would be unable to pull-out a n-stripped card out of Mr. Turner's deck for instance. He has his own sense of touch (and he is a top notch guy!). Same with Doc's deck. Just to illustrate, I pull them out from the top, some from the bottom.

I don't have an acceptable solution for multiple n-strippers though. I'm still working on a good solution for plastic cards for instance.

Not easy I said :-(.
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Quote:
On 2011-04-07 14:28, The Dowser wrote:
Idealistic, obsequious, sycophantic Mai-Ling kisser-upper says "what?".

:lol: Smile Smile
popcalinda
View Profile
Veteran user
336 Posts

Profile of popcalinda
Respect!
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Quote:
On 2011-04-07 16:41, popcalinda wrote:
Respect!

Danke!
popcalinda
View Profile
Veteran user
336 Posts

Profile of popcalinda
As always!
slim23
View Profile
Veteran user
309 Posts

Profile of slim23
AMcD,
My bad! I forgot the goal was to make them during play. Good reason to mark only one side.I understand the reasons and must say they convinced me. Good idea practising the touch for the Ns. Personnally, I'm still practising and still seeing improvement.
In your video, just before the multiple cuts, would you say you pull the ace or just feel it and cut to it? Would guess you need a better mark to pull? I can pull mine but am trying different things in order to be deceptive. When you talk about multiple Ns, are you refering to pull more than one at the same time? Surely you don't want anything else than aces (or maybe kings)to be "marked".Frankly, the work I am doing now is definitely not for magic as you don't need all this for regular laymens. I guess I want to really take it another notch.

As for belly strippers, I got my hands on one two months ago that really impressed me and that I think could pass in a lot of games. Of course, they have been made by a professional card cutter ( so forget about doing them live). The poker player that I was 10 years ago never would have figured they were strippers. Although I think I had a false sence of security with plastic cards like copags. By the way, I never got the chance to get my hands on a good plastic stripper deck, anyone had this chance?

Finally, I have been watching the forum for about a year or two and the arguments can become a pain but it still is worth it to read this section for the insight I sometimes get.
That and the videos you do. I am happy you decided to continue posting.

Slim

p.s. For those who like historic reference, James McManus (and another historian whose name I forgot) once said that most cardsharps would cheat using kings to avoid being to obvious. That's what they would learn from their mentors. That's why I had a deck made with kings for gambling demonstration. Of course, I don't mention that the deck is a stripper, I guess I look better that way... and it's nice to keep some secrets.
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3078 Posts

Profile of AMcD
You mean around 14" in the video? I'm just trying to split the deck in two perfect halves, lol. Nothing weird, just some "delay" because I was thinking "well, should I do that? How to shuffle in a way they are convinced it's really shuffled". Something like that.

Because you're not the first one to ask, I detail a bit more.

- 32". The deck is really shuffled. No idea at all where the aces are.
- 35". I feel the first Ace. I'm lucky it's about the middle of the deck.
- 37". Using a strip cup I bring it to the top of the deck.
- 39". I feel the second Ace. The move is broken just to show you. Again, I'm a bit lucky, it's located in the middle. No need to strip cut then, I just leave it on top of the cut packet...
- 41". I add 4 spacers below it.
- 44". I add 4 spacers on top of the deck.
- 47". I set a brief using the Steven's control. Again, it's exaggerated, just to show you.
- 54". I cut to the brief.

What I call a multiple N-Stripped deck is a deck with several marks. For instance one for the Kings and one for the Aces.

With Holdem now, 8 or 9 players on average around the tables. Half of the deck or more is dealt every round! Aces are not "dangerous" anymore. The point is to be "clever". Stacking a straight, a flush or a set. Stacking a 4 of a kind is risky, to say the least, as people are always convinced it's something rare. Yet, it happens "often". Last year I've played something like 100 tourneys, I think I've faced something like 25 4 of a Kind and maybe 10 Straight Flush, just at my tables. Even 1 Royal Straight Flush! I can tell you that, in the past, with games like 5 card Draw (jacks to open), Straight Flush was something less common, lol. At least, in my context.
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3078 Posts

Profile of AMcD
Guys,

My website is down for 48h now. My hosting provider is trying to backup the servers. I apologize for those of you asking for the videos.

Good news though. My first booklet just needs two people from here to read/check it Smile.
slim23
View Profile
Veteran user
309 Posts

Profile of slim23
AmcD,
I see your website is back and operationnal, good for you!
I never took the time to thank you for the details of your last video. Had a busy week,so, thank you.

Happy about your booklet, don't give up...

Slim
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3078 Posts

Profile of AMcD
Yes, it's back for a few hours. I was about to shoot the whole team of that company of morons. Servers out of order for 1 week, in 2011! How possible?

A few more videos soon!
mavericklancer
View Profile
Elite user
Tustin, CA
448 Posts

Profile of mavericklancer
Wow, the N-stripper video is quite impressive. I've always been afraid of them because of the necessary knack, but I think I'll start experimenting after I make it through all of my Ortiz books. Looking forward to the next videos.
BigSmile
View Profile
Veteran user
367 Posts

Profile of BigSmile
Quote:
On 2011-04-10 18:27, AMcD wrote:
Good news though. My first booklet just needs two people from here to read/check it Smile.

Arnold,
was this an offering or "just" a statement?!?!? Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » [Videos] In case you need one... (11 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6..11..15..19..23..27..28~29~30 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL