The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Pavel passed? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
Just got an e-mail that Pavel has passed away. Anyone have info?
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
Jimmy Joza
View Profile
Special user
New York City
760 Posts

Profile of Jimmy Joza
I hope not. There is also a quick reference to this on http://itricks.com/news/2011/02/magic-cr......es-away/

I never had the opportunity to meet him in person but I exchanged e-mail with him a few times a number of years ago. And I have performed a some of his routines on a number of occasions.

I am really saddened by the possibility of this.
"Those who simply walk in others' tracks leave no footprints."
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
RIP Pavel
I made so many posts here praising his products that he sent me several email messages to thank me. I have 5 of his great rope tricks.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
We dined together at Daytona magic convention where he and I lectured. He found the shows boring and swore he would not return. He performed on the show one evening doing all of his classic rope effects. His show had the best music, a European flair and the best stage movement. I guess now that I was lucky to have seen him.
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
Ron Vergilio
View Profile
Special user
Murrieta, CA
835 Posts

Profile of Ron Vergilio
He was a very kind person too. Last year I wrote to him that I had his walking knot effect but did not have the directions. He asked for $6.00 to cover postage to the USA and sent me 3 DVD's.

R.I.P. Pavel

-Ron
May the magic in your life never disappear

*** Lou Serrano's Steel Ball Routine ***
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Sad to lose another friend. We had lots of fun some years back working the same convention in England. His creations will live forever. R.I.P.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Paulo Cabrita
View Profile
Special user
820 Posts

Profile of Paulo Cabrita
We lost an Very kind magician.RIP Pavel.

Paulo
RJ Hunt
View Profile
Elite user
Lakeland, FL
466 Posts

Profile of RJ Hunt
Man this year has been rough on the magic community and it's only Feb...Pavel was a great man and I am glad I had the chance to meet him...Travel well my friend you'll be missed and never forgotten...
dahih beik
View Profile
Special user
palestine
817 Posts

Profile of dahih beik
I really hope that the legacy of his products go on , his products are unmatched in quality .
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
Quote:
On 2011-02-11 05:57, RJ Hunt wrote:
Man this year has been rough on the magic community and it's only Feb...Pavel was a great man and I am glad I had the chance to meet him...Travel well my friend you'll be missed and never forgotten...

yeah, we lost steve dacri today.
Sealegs
View Profile
Inner circle
The UK, Portsmouth
2597 Posts

Profile of Sealegs
The only contact I had with Pavel was when I bought his 'Krazy Knot' effect from him.

I wrote an email to him thanking him for the speedy service and complimenting him on the well made gimmick and also made a suggestion as to how I thought a slight alteration to the positionong of the gimmick might prove to make the handling more secure.

The next thing I knew I received a surprise package in the post from him with the gimmick made up in the exact way I suggested.

You don't get that kind of response from someone unless they're genuinely care and are funamentally a good guy.

Sad to hear he's no longer with us.
Neal Austin

"The golden rule is that there are no golden rules." G.B. Shaw
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1830 Posts

Profile of wally
I got an email from his wife yesterday and the Business will carry on.
dahih beik
View Profile
Special user
palestine
817 Posts

Profile of dahih beik
Great news wally , great magigician and thinker .
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Too many great ones from the magic world have passed away in 2011.....and it is only February. I hope the trend stops.

R.I.P. Pavel.

:(

Regan
Mister Mystery
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
Quote:
On 2011-02-25 15:31, Regan wrote:
Too many great ones from the magic world have passed away in 2011.....and it is only February. I hope the trend stops.

R.I.P. Pavel.

:(

Regan

the trend that never ends.
I had dinner with him in Florida 2 years ago, and really only knew him from his products.
He was disappointed with the treatment that performers received compared to the royal treatment they get in Europe. He said he would never return to the U.S., I suppose he was right.
cdmdu
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of cdmdu
I never saw Pavel in live, but I liked his magical approach and his books.
Requiescat in pace
hocuspocusjay23
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

Profile of hocuspocusjay23
I seen Pavel lecture many years ago at the Louisville magic club. It was one of the best we had.
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
I saw Pavel once. It was one of my first Magic lectures. I got a way to tie a false knot that I've used ever since. So simple and straight forward.

We are all the richer for his work.

-Mary Mowder
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Quote:
On 2011-02-25 16:04, magicians wrote:
...He was disappointed with the treatment that performers received compared to the royal treatment they get in Europe. He said he would never return to the U.S., I suppose he was right.

I don't understand it. I have heard this time and again. I was last in Europe in 1974. Another reason it's difficult being an American today... Smile

Doug
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
Quote:
On 2012-10-30 18:44, Dougini wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-02-25 16:04, magicians wrote:
...He was disappointed with the treatment that performers received compared to the royal treatment they get in Europe. He said he would never return to the U.S., I suppose he was right.

I don't understand it. I have heard this time and again. I was last in Europe in 1974. Another reason it's difficult being an American today... Smile

Doug

I think he was disgruntled with the specific treatment by the Daytona convention. He was relegated to having his booth on a small table just outside the dealers room. He was showing and selling items in a small crowded hallway. That, and the fairly lousy show he was a part of during the convention. There were other issues as well.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Pavel passed? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL