The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Silver Dollar sized copper coins? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Eric Kayser
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Eric Kayser
I have always liked the look and feel of larger silver dollar sized, but never the less I continued to use my halves due to there convienence, low cost and availability. Recently I've decided to go for it and purchased A Morgan Dollar Expanded shell set from Tod Lassen. I love them dearly but have yet to find my perfect copper matches for them. Is there a standard copper match, like English Pennies are to Half-Dollars? Or maybe someone just knows a coin that would complement the Morgans well? Thanks in advance!!

*Eric Kayser*
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Eric,

I would email Todd and ask him this question. I have a Vietnamese Copper Coin that is about the size of a Morgan Dollar that I use in my
[expired link]
I got this coin from Todd.

Dan
Click to visit:
Brad Jeffers
View Profile
Veteran user
376 Posts

Profile of Brad Jeffers
Eric, Go to any bookstore and look in the collectibles section, where you will find a book entitled, The 2002 Guide to World Coins. This book has over 2000 pages of actual size pictures of all world coins, dating from 1900 to the present. Take one of your Morgans with you to see how they match up. When you find a coin that interests you, do a web search on that particular coin. You should find several sites where you can get the particular type of coin you want. Also, you can try looking in the ads from the various coin collecting magazines. Many of those who deal in foreign coins, don't have websites, but will be glad to put you on their mailing lists.
Eric Kayser
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Eric Kayser
Thanks for the help guys. I am going to take both routes and see what I come up with. I plan on using the coppers to create a C/S coin and maybe some other gaffs from Tod. Thanks for the input!! Smile Smile
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Just one thing to keep in mind Eric...

When you make a C/S coin out of dollar size coins - because of the thickness of the coins, the two-tone edge is much more noticable than the thinner half dollar sizes.

If you plan on doing routines where the edge is in view stationary - be careful.

Dan
Click to visit:
majorshaw
View Profile
New user
Randy Shaw
73 Posts

Profile of majorshaw
Try SASCO Coins. they might help.
R.Shaw

AIMC with Silver Star
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Silver Dollar sized copper coins? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL