The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » Trunk of magic items - looking for help on what items are (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

wendals24
View Profile
New user
Burlington, ON
4 Posts

Profile of wendals24
Hi,

I'm new on the group and have inherited a trunk of magic items from my poppa. The trunk itself is well over 100yrs old, and we're not exactly sure how old the magic items are...possibly 60-100yrs old.

I am looking for any assistance in finding out more about the items. What they are? Where they might be from? How old they are?

Here's a link of the photos: https://picasaweb.google.com/wendalsrose......t=email#

Any info you can pass along would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much,
Wendy
magiquarian
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of magiquarian
You have a couple of Tole painted pieces that probably date back to 1870's, also "many bench made" Magic props and a few professional ones. Unfortunately many pieces need restoration and many opf the smal;ler look like they are msiing some parts. Hope it helps
wendals24
View Profile
New user
Burlington, ON
4 Posts

Profile of wendals24
Quote:
On 2011-04-21 00:54, magiquarian wrote:
You have a couple of Tole painted pieces that probably date back to 1870's, also "many bench made" Magic props and a few professional ones. Unfortunately many pieces need restoration and many opf the smal;ler look like they are msiing some parts. Hope it helps

I have no idea which ones are the tole painted pieces or the bench made props. Could you provide me with a little more guidance as to which are which?

I really appreciate your response. This is the first lead I've gotten on what the items might be.

Thanks again Smile
wendals24
View Profile
New user
Burlington, ON
4 Posts

Profile of wendals24
One more question. Is there a book or a website you can recommend that I can check out to read more about these types of items I have?

Thanks so much Smile
magiquarian
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of magiquarian
Just go on to eBay and you might find many similar ones, search under Magic memorabilia, Tricks, other etc
magic_guy
View Profile
New user
Bangor, Michigan
13 Posts

Profile of magic_guy
Wendy, You've got some neat old stuff there. A few good spots to look at are Mario Carrandi's website and Martinka's website. They have online auctions of antique magic & you might find pictures of what you have. Be careful about anyone wanting to buy any of these until you've done research. It's easy to get ripped off with this stuff.
"Where'd all these kids from from?!"
magic_guy
View Profile
New user
Bangor, Michigan
13 Posts

Profile of magic_guy
Wendy, You've got some neat old stuff there. A few good spots to look at are Mario Carrandi's website and Martinka's website. They have online auctions of antique magic & you might find pictures of what you have. Be careful about anyone wanting to buy any of these until you've done research. It's easy to get ripped off with this stuff.
"Where'd all these kids from from?!"
magiquarian
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of magiquarian
Its all who you deal with.
wendals24
View Profile
New user
Burlington, ON
4 Posts

Profile of wendals24
Thanks for the heads up on the websites to check out. I'll give them a look. A lot of info to go through for someone like me.

I appreciate all the tips so far.

Thanks!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » Trunk of magic items - looking for help on what items are (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL