The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Memorized Deck Apps (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

scott0819
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto, Ont.
1040 Posts

Profile of scott0819
I was going to relearn the Aronson Stack with an old deck that I had written the stack numbers on the back ages ago but then I thought, "there must be an app for this". Sure enough, I checked the iPhone app store and there is. Has anyone tried these or any other apps for practicing your Aronson or Mnemonica stacks?

Stacked Deck by Kelvin Sherlock $4.99 (iPhone/iPad)
iMemorize Cards by Rune Carlsen $0.99 (iPhone only)
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of Tom G
I love Joe's version, don't think he has an app out yet.
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......m=205&48
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Any memorized deck apps for Android OS?
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
scott0819
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto, Ont.
1040 Posts

Profile of scott0819
I think there is one for Android OS called 'Mnemo Trainer' by Micha.
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Quote:
On 2011-05-11 00:20, scott0819 wrote:
I think there is one for Android OS called 'Mnemo Trainer' by Micha.

Scott,

Thanks for that info and for taking the time to post that info. That is very much appreciated by me.

I just took a look at the blub on this app. It looks promising but, [/b]for $18.42[/b], I think I'll pass...and just just the ones on my computer.

Thanks again for the info and for taking the time to post that info.

Mike

Eschew obfuscation.
scott0819
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto, Ont.
1040 Posts

Profile of scott0819
Wow! I didn't notice the price; that seems a bit much.

So I downloaded iMemorize Cards for $0.99 and it is really simple but good. It looks like he used scans of USPCC faces and a generic back. You can practice going from stack number to card or card to stack number. There are lots of options for each (full deck mix, asending/desending order, 1-10 mix, 11-20 mix, etc). What I like most is that it is fast; tap to flip the card over, swipe to see the next card. Some of the other apps looked like you needed to enter in the answer; jack then spade, king then clubs; not great if you want to increase your speed.

The one thing it could use is a timer to track your progress but you can always use the iPhone's stopwatch for that. Recommended.
Ruben Padilla
View Profile
Loyal user
Narrative Strategist
206 Posts

Profile of Ruben Padilla
I can't seem to find IMemorize Cards on my Iphone 4 after doing a search. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.
scott0819
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto, Ont.
1040 Posts

Profile of scott0819
I have the app on my phone but it looks like it's been pulled from the app store. I can't find it either; I originally found it by searching "memorized deck". The app's website is also gone but the creator's website is still up. His name is Rune Carlsen; http://www.rune.no
Maybe try emailing him directly; rune@rune.no

Let us know why he pulled it off the app store.
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon City Oregon, Oregon
2473 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
I use a program called "iFlashcards Free" for the Android (Droid 2 for me).

You have to enter the stack, but it gives you options on the flash cards... random, which side to show first, etc.

Nice tool, and the version I am using is free.

RevJohn
scott0819
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto, Ont.
1040 Posts

Profile of scott0819
I sent an email to Rune Carlsen to see why iMemorize Cards was pulled off the app store, as well as make a few suggestions for improvements. Will let you know if I hear anything.
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Quote:
On 2011-06-23 12:25, RevJohn wrote:
I use a program called "iFlashcards Free" for the Android (Droid 2 for me).

You have to enter the stack, but it gives you options on the flash cards... random, which side to show first, etc.

Nice tool, and the version I am using is free.

RevJohn

RevJohn,

Thanks for that info. Are you indicating that an iphone app is able to be used on non-iphone running the Android OS? If so, where might this program ge downloaded?

Thanks for the info.

Best,

Mike

Eschew obfuscation.
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon City Oregon, Oregon
2473 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
Mike,

I found this app on the Android Market, so it is a native Android app.

Search for "iFlashcard Free" on the Market. I think the developer has a website with instructions as well, but found it pretty easy to play around with and get to work for what I wanted.

John
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Thanks, John. I'll check it out.

Mike

Eschew obfuscation.
scott0819
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto, Ont.
1040 Posts

Profile of scott0819
I just heard back from Rune Carlsen, not sure what the problem was but iMemorize Cards is back on the iTunes app store. Just search 'memorized deck'. For $0.99, I think it's totally worth it.
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Right, and let me tell you that the scans do still look nicely on the large iPad screen! Smile
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
Bradley Morgan
View Profile
Special user
702 Posts

Profile of Bradley Morgan
Don't GET Mnemonica Trainer from the app store. Its very bad and does very little for a lot of money.

iMemorize is very good and Stacked Deck are the two that I use. They both do certain thing that I like and swap back and forth to train in different ways.
"I do not know with what weapons World War 3 will be fought, but World War 4 will be fought with sticks and stones." - Einstein
ASCII
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of ASCII
I was also looking for a Android App for the Aronson Stack.
There are a few out there but what I found was ether too expensive or just too cumbersome for my taste.
So....... I Built my Own, I Did it just for my own use, but if Anyone wants it I would be happy to share it for Free.

So if you Have a Android Phone and would like it, Let me know
It's not on the Android Market, but I can host it on my web-server and send you a link.
I may put it on the market in the future, but it will most likely remain free (and ad free), as the user base for this sort of thing is kinda small and not worth annoying people with ads.
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2678 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
Try http://www.quixey.com/ when searching for apps. It search for all kinds of app, and you can narrow it to, say, free Android apps.
samuwel
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of samuwel
I have a free flashcard app for my android phone called anymemo. You can then load .db filetypes which hold your information to be memorised. I found one in anymemo's own online files for the aronson stack.

To be honest, I'm quite tempted to write my own app. I keep meaning to learn to develop for android.
MysticJohn
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of MysticJohn
Max Krause has one out that's very good and you don't have to have an app on you phone and still be able to perform it with any ones phone

http://innovativedeceptions.com/?page_id......ct_id=26
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Memorized Deck Apps (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL