The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » What Would You Say Is the Best Gimmick You Can Buy? (11 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
bogie
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of bogie
I have been getting a lot of mileage out of a Mental Photography deck!
Rook
View Profile
Special user
I went to the Magic Cafe and all I got were these lousy
567 Posts

Profile of Rook
TT's been hailed (rightly so), but I want to put a word in to go get a good marked deck. With those two things, you could be stranded somewhere and get a ticket back home.
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.

-Roald Dahl
Hookem
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Hookem
Copenetro is the effect that gave me the greatest delight when I purchased it 35 years ago and discovered the amazing secret.
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
2053 Posts

Profile of warren
The answer to that question is going to be different for every performer as it depends on numerous things personal to each performer from close up magic to stage, from cards to coins and so on there are just to many variables to take in to account.
Rook
View Profile
Special user
567 Posts

Profile of Rook
Quote:
On Aug 6, 2011, Andy Gemini wrote:
Has anybody ever been 'caught' with a TT though?

Sorry if this is a daft question, I am new to magic and would be a little horrified if I was caught out!

It can be a bit nerve wracking at first. You put this thing on, look in the mirror and say "The dude with Coke-bottle glasses in the back row of a darkened theater can see this!"

However, with some very basic handling,the TT can be nigh invisible. I'm not the most deft of magicians, and I've not been caught out.

Indeed, the fact that so mamy people know about the TT is actually a benefit to my perspective. They know what to look for, but not when/where to look. The fact that they can't find your well-known gimmick adds credence to the thought that you aren't using one. Thus, the mystery is heightened.

-Roald Dahl
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
6903 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Quote:
On Jul 7, 2011, jimhlou wrote:
The TT, when used properly, is absolutely amazing - a fantastic gimmick. It has morphed into lights, magnets, strobes - a very versatile prop. The Invisible Deck has to be considered an amazing gimmick. Walsh's canes and Fantasio's props are gimmicks themselves, but look like ordinary objects. If I think of any one gimmick that beats all the others, I'll be back.

Jim

I just happened to be "surfing", and read friend Jim's post!

Sorry Jim! Russ Walsh would cry if he read that! --Walsh canes, and Fantasio canes & candles are PROPS!

More technically, they are FEKES. --They appear to be something that they are not.

A "TT" interestingly enough is, arguably a FEKE, --OR-- a GIMMICK!

I can't think of "ANY ONE GIMMICK that beats all the others" either. --So, I won't be back!!!

P.S. I think that my dear friend, JNeal, will get a kick out of this post! hee hee
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
6903 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
So, I lied!...............

P.P.S.!

Copper, Silver, Brass, Scotch & soda, expanded shlls are FEKES.

Just for the fun of it, I read the thread, and "picked out a FEW (???) more examples!

Neilsen bttls are FEKES

Svengalis, Strippers, or Mental Photography decks are FEKES.

DRESS CODE!!!, is the name of a routine.

sponge ball(s) are PROPS

Copenetro is not an EFFECT. An EFFECT is what the spectator perceives!
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
AceOfJokers
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of AceOfJokers
For me the Svengali deck is still one of the greatest gimmicks of all time providing you don't reveal that it is one.
The Invisible Deck never fails to stun people and I've never come across anybody who has seen it before.
Rook
View Profile
Special user
567 Posts

Profile of Rook
Quote:
On Jul 11, 2017, AceOfJokers wrote:
The Invisible Deck never fails to stun people and I've never come across anybody who has seen it before.

Surprisingly, yes! For all of the ubiquity of this effect (among us, at least) I'm frequently shocked at the reactions I get. I was put on the spot yesterday (last minute) for a brief series of short talks illustrated with a bit of magic. I happened to have an invisible deck on hand and went with it. In each case, I got marvelous reactions, and even after all this time, I'm surprised by that.

-Roald Dahl
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13151 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I have 2

TT
Mystery Box
Egg bag
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
MitchC
View Profile
Veteran user
Ventura CA
339 Posts

Profile of MitchC
Thumb tip(s)
Invisible Deck
Pointless (Greg Wilson)
B'Wave

A few of my top contenders.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » What Would You Say Is the Best Gimmick You Can Buy? (11 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL