The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Your favorite handling for Egg to Silk (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Autumn Morning Star
View Profile
Grammar Hostess
Today, I corrected grammar in
1378 Posts

Profile of Autumn Morning Star
You DO know that in Southern English, the word "silk" has two syllables! And "egg" starts out with an "ay" sound. So, phonetically, our topic here is: "Si-yulk tew Aig". Aorta teach em'at in school.
Wonder is very necessary in life. When we're little kids, we're filled with wonder for the world - it's fascinating and miraculous. A lot of people lose that. They become cynical and jaded, especially in modern day society. Magic renews that wonder.
Doug Henning
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Autumn,

Just wait until we get you to the ranch here in Alabama for Magic Valley Magic next month and teach you some more Southern English.

http://magicvalleymagic.com/

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......rt=420#5

I worked on five degrees in college and learned that it's not a possum it's an Opossum and it's not a coon it's a RACcoon. I can't wait to find out what Yankees call a chicken. I'll bet it is just as strange. (And they wonder why I do Walk-Around Silk to Egg? Egg thieves have to be tricky.)

Bob Sanders
Bubba Whodini

PS --- We'll teach you how to do Cut and Restored Water Melon. I'll admit that sawing a water melon in half is right messy.
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Jon Blakeney
View Profile
Special user
Australia
657 Posts

Profile of Jon Blakeney
To answer your question wmhegbli,I have purchased Cracked,the egg is very real, no shine,off white, reinforced around the hole and a small to medium size as far as eggs go. Plenty of good routines to choose from in a pdf format. Hope this helps.

Posted: May 20, 2012 2:11am
PS: Sorry about the late reply.
'What the eye's see the heart must believe"
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Joh Blakeney, that is great to know, I will go for it, now that you gave such a good response.

Autumn Morning Star, I know it has been some time since this post, but Cody S. Fisher has released a 'you do as I do' routine for silk to egg. You might be interested in this being you have 2 eggs now.

Here is the E-Book, it is also available in printed form on the same site.
http://www.codyfisher.com/store/item/silk-2-egg-e-book
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Bill,

The Cody S. Fisher Silk-2-Egg is one of the hottest routines out there. It demands very convincing props since it is actually done in the volunteers' hands. They must look, feel and be real eggs to the volunteer. They are even the right weight.

Cody S. Fisher actually uses my DoveLite eggs. Special sets packaged with the two gimmicked eggs (white or brown) and five silks are available for this routine. (If you are a true stage magician, you can even substitute 21" silks for the standard 18" ones. These eggs will hold them!)

Check here:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......m=109&37

Of course, you need the instructions from Cody.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
As a lifelong and serious student of the art of magic, the Silk To Egg trick fascinates me because it's a nearly perfect trick, and it has, I think, very solid historical significance.

The first reference I saw of this was in Rice's....The Stodare Egg....

Best magician I've ever seen perform this has been Whit.

KILLER routine, he incorporates it beautifully in his "teaching act"...I love Whit's "Pop Haydn" character....it's a thing of beauty and Whit is such a nice guy......civilians just LOVE Whit....

Come to think of it.....I can think of a few nice guy magicians I know from Kentucky.

I know I'll see one again in August.....and I'm secretly hoping the other one shows up.

I'm sure both Bob and Richard know whom I'm referring to, too!

Right, guys?

By the way, Bob, for what it's worth, I used to work for Rock Promoters here in Wisconsin, too. They hired me to do close-up magic backstage for the rock stars ro keep them happy.

Hot humid summers working in black wool tuxedos at Rock Concerts backstage is a perfect way to:

1. Sweat. A LOT!
2. Learn how to do really, really good fire tricks. Rock stars like fire tricks.....go figure.....

And 3. Learn how to do magic that doesn't require sound, or more specifically.....anyone you're performing for hearing you because they can't!
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Cody S. Fisher's do as I do Silk2Egg routine is apparently doing well worldwide. We just shipped prop sets for it with brown eggs to Australia. Orange silks seem to be favored over the red ones. Why orange silks? I can understand the brown eggs there.

Cody seems to have a real hit with that routine. I'm certainly glad he uses DoveLite eggs and silks!

Another good sign of his success for this routine is that I have never seen a used book on this routine offered for sale. Not many of us can say we have been that lucky!

Cody, Congratulations!
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Why orange silks? Because they are a YOKE!
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
Orange silks turn into oranges in a Crystal Silk Cylinder!
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
The market demand is still essentially for the red silks. Red is certainly a popular magic color.
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
yin_howe
View Profile
Special user
Malaysia
985 Posts

Profile of yin_howe
Quote:
On 2012-07-08 10:02, Bob Sanders wrote:
The market demand is still essentially for the red silks. Red is certainly a popular magic color.

In your opinion, why do you think that's the case, Mr. Sanders? Visibility?
"Talent without passion is talent wasted.."
https://www.youtube.com/user/yinhowe80/
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
White eggs & red silk are very visible.

I ensure I wear black when doing this in our touring theatre shows with crowds from 500-1500 people all being able to see no problems with these colours.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Yin_howe,

To some degree, my silk colors used in shows are dependent upon the location and audience. In Kentucky I use Blue, in Tennessee use Orange, in Louisianna use Yellow or Purple, in Arkansas use Red, etc. for the team folks. Bright green is the safest color for visibility with any color curtains. When I use it with 20th Century silks, my favorite of all combinations, of course, the center silk rules. It vanishes to become the real egg and reappears in the 20th Century Silk.

Unfortunately, too many magicians start with the children’s toy sets using plastic eggs and cheap acetate hanks that always seem to be red. Thus, they think only red is proper color. The same is true (blue ends and red center) of toy shop 20th Century Silks. Once mislearned, it dies slowly. Actually the pros use 18" real silks in a variety of colors and prints to fit the show. And they even use red!

Changing the colors to match the shows can really help you to adjust the patter and theme to fit the audience. It will help sparate your shows from the "right out-of-box" routines many starter magicians perform. Scheme! You are loaded with options that work well.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
yin_howe
View Profile
Special user
Malaysia
985 Posts

Profile of yin_howe
Quote:
On 2012-07-09 10:06, Bob Sanders wrote:

....Unfortunately, too many magicians start with the children’s toy sets using plastic eggs and cheap acetate hanks that always seem to be red. Thus, they think only red is proper color. The same is true (blue ends and red center) of toy shop 20th Century Silks. Once mislearned, it dies slowly.....

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander

D*mmit, I bought a red one... Smile haha
Good points there Mr Sanders
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
If it helps your feelings, 30% of all the silk we import is red.

Bob
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
yin_howe
View Profile
Special user
Malaysia
985 Posts

Profile of yin_howe
Quote:
On 2012-07-09 23:05, Bob Sanders wrote:
If it helps your feelings, 30% of all the silk we import is red.

Bob

I was just kidding Mr Sanders.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
You know that I have a routine called "I Don't Do Blue Material"? I vanish a blue silk for Silk to Egg but it reappears between two red silks (20th Century Silks). Folks seem to love it. Too many sets of props were made for my needs and I have offered to sell some of them. It should have been a regular product in my line. I never dreamed anyone else would want to perform it.

Bob
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
Quote:
On 2011-07-25 20:34, Rainboguy wrote:
Here's my personal favorite: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoUc3UCWs30

Whits magic is always fabulous, he was a fabulous success at our convention here not long a go-A great guy.... however his placing of the egg in his pocket during the explanation phase was a bit awkward due to his jacket moving, he really had to turn to block his move-this wasnt as smooth as could be done...
great routine none the less
Motley Mage
View Profile
Special user
572 Posts

Profile of Motley Mage
But with that disarming, charming smile, Pop can make you think it was all supposed to happen that way--total pro, never missed a beat.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
I love Whit's patter!

Bob
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Your favorite handling for Egg to Silk (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL