The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Science Friction by Card Shark (22 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12~13~14~15~16..20..23..26..29..31~32~33 [Next]
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
I think the difference is that in this case, the 2 products are 'non-skid' products, while it appears that the others listed have only the name in common.

That said, I didn't think anything of it, either. The product mentioned in the link is called "Non Slip 21" (the company is called "SF", not the product), and is listed as 'odorless' and 'non-toxic'. SF is neither of these - though it is odorless after it dries.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Another Review!

Bobby Hasbun from here in Phoenix just sent me an email review of SF today. Bobby is a fairly well know card expert, and his routines have appeared in Magic Magazine among others on occasion. Apparently for some reason his IP address did not allow him to post directly... So here is what he sent me today in it's entirety:

Sorry it took me so long to get this to you. I have already posted it on two forums, United Cardists and theseconddeal.
The Magic Café is not allowing me on, so I thought maybe you could post it for me? Here it is:

I guess my review of Science Friction will strike a chord with a lot of you, mostly because of my skepticism. I misunderstood the product completely. Before receiving it, I thought this would hold two cards together like double stick tape does- it doesn’t. I then thought it was basically rough and smooth- and it wasn’t. After doing a little research, I then though it was a repackaged bottle of
plastidip- and it definitely was not.

The funny thing is, it does all the things that double stick tape, rough and smooth, and
plastidip do- but only the good things.

Double sided tape holds two cards together. It holds them together TOO well. It leaves an obvious residue when removed and makes a sound sometimes when two cards are taken apart. It allows for natural handling of a double card but NOT of their separation.

Rough and smooth is something I do not allow to be handled. It’s REALLY ‘rough and smooth’. It’s also not very dependable after a while. It allows for natural handling of separation but NOT of a double card (you have to be TOO gentle IMO).’

Plastidip is similar to SF, however not nearly as strong and long-lasting. Also,
plastidip seems to be a little more water-based or something because it made my cards soggy leading to their warping.

SF is the best of all three worlds- and ONLY the best. You can handle two as one naturally, separate a double naturally, hand them out, it doesn’t ruin your cards, and the list goes on. I’m not sure we’ve begun to scratch the surface with this.

Another reason I thought I’d never use this is because I consider myself a purist, for the most part. I LOVE sleight of hand and I love what it can accomplish. I love the trouble it can get me out of in sticky situations. I love being able to improvise when something goes wrong or am being heckled. I love borrowing a deck of cards and some coins and doing a full act if I choose to with no preparation. It’s a great feeling. For that reason, I don’t like gimmicks. And then it hit me- SF is NOT a gimmick. It truly isn’t- every trick I can do with sleight of hand I can apply SF to. (That’s not to say SF can’t do things completely off the wall- it can.) SF allows naturalness of handling that sleight of hand does not, no matter how much I practice. Cards treated can be examined and used for tricks in which SF is not necessary. It does not get in my way, I don’t have to carry it separately and ring it in when needed… It just lurks there, among 52 identical-looking cards waiting for the moment in which I want to do REAL magic.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Bobby made some interesting points!
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Apparently Cardshark is still awaiting the new supply of leather wallets in Germany for this which should be ready within a week or so... I'm sure those who have ordered this can't wait to get their hands on it.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1758 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
I am deeply sorry for this *** delay. The first manufacturer - as said - disappeared. I hope, that Mark Mason will get our money back.

The wallets that I already used for the pre-Release were also sold out, so I ordered them weeks ago as soon as I realized that the others will not show up. They were on back order, should have arrived at the German dealer last week, but only were released by German customs today. As soon as they arrive here in Germany, we will start shipping the European orders and will send the wallets over to our US warehouse by UPS Express. This will only take 2-3 days, so that we then can also start to send out the orders for our US and Canadian customers.

We will add some surprise so that the additional waiting time will not be too painful. I can fully understand everybody who sends us impatient emails, please allow a few more days.

Christian
Expert in playing card production for magicians.

The Person Who Says It cannot Be Done Should Not Interrupt The Person Doing It!
Chinese Proverb
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
And others who ordered a month ago, countries like Australia?
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Christian, if I send an impatient email too can I get something extra? Smile Smile

Thanks!

Jim
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1758 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
It won´t help, J-Mac.

Orders from countries outside of Europe and America are very tricky. We will decide for every single order independently because of the aerosol regulations.

Chinese Proverb
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Quote:
On 2011-10-04 17:36, Card-Shark wrote:
It won´t help, J-Mac.

Orders from countries outside of Europe and America are very tricky. We will decide for every single order independently because of the aerosol regulations.

Uhh... I am in America, Christian! But you already know that. Smile

Jim
Roger Nicot
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melksham, England
105 Posts

Profile of Roger Nicot
Jim....

If you hopped in your car after lunch, you could have Science Friction by dinner time.... and also enjoy some of the fall foliage. (We are beginning to get some color in the hills.)

As soon as the wallets arrive from Germany, Card-Shark USA will be extremely busy for a couple of days. "All good things come to he who waits!" ...the wait is coming to an end; get ready for the Good Stuff!! If anyone is coming to TRICS in Charlotte this weekend.... stop by the booth and say "HI!" I hope to see you there!

Cheers...

Roger
Card-Shark USA
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Really? Where are you Roger, New York? I'm in SE PA. Hmm... could be a six or eight hour drive both ways... Sounds nice but I'll probably let the delivery guy drive it for me! Smile

Thanks!

Jim
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Quote:
On 2011-10-04 17:36, Card-Shark wrote:
It won´t help, J-Mac.

A little bit of a worrying answer for those countries. Not sure what to make of that!
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
How is Canada?
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2531 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Made the plunge---put my order in today. Hope to be able to comment soon
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Quote:
On 2011-10-07 07:24, Dr Spektor wrote:
How is Canada?

I hear it is starting to get a bit chilly. Smile Smile

(Sorry Doc, couldn't resist!)

Jim
lumberjohn
View Profile
Special user
Memphis, TN
626 Posts

Profile of lumberjohn
I have it. I like it. Lots of possibilities. The Monte routine is stripped down and simple, but very clean. The remaining routines are good but not paradigm changing. You are getting takes on standard plots that clean up some of the moves. I think the best is yet to come and I await it eagerly.
thorsten dankworth
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of thorsten dankworth
And I´m still waiting - and I live in germany..... Smile
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
So will it be shipped to Canada ?
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
vinkelhaken
View Profile
Regular user
Sweden
179 Posts

Profile of vinkelhaken
According to Christian's post on page 9: yes.
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1758 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
Yes, Canada is fine. We in Germany will start shipping tomorrow and will ship part of the wallets we got to Card-Shark USA simultaneously. This means that we should be able to ship from the USA before the week ends. The list is long, first come first serve. You will be notified by email when your order is shipped. As we ship ground, it may take 1 or 2 days longer than usually.

Chinese Proverb
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Science Friction by Card Shark (22 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12~13~14~15~16..20..23..26..29..31~32~33 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL