The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Catch this if you can! » » Any bounce jugglers here? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

samcat
View Profile
New user
Bristol, Uk
13 Posts

Profile of samcat
What can you do? Four balls? Five?
Mills mess off the floor is possible (a bloke in a local juggling shop showed me it once!) Smile

I have only really started bounce juggling. I can do three for a few throws, but it all goes messy rather quickly. Got to practice some more.

Cya,
Sam C
There is nothing more conformist than mass non-conformancy.
philipi56
View Profile
Regular user
grand rapids, MI
142 Posts

Profile of philipi56
I'm not that good at four, but three and five are pretty good. I don't have silicone balls, I use lacrosse which are OK, but someday I'll get silis. Another thing to work on is the shower. There is lots of under the leg material you can do while you bounce a shower.

Phil
Jewls
View Profile
Veteran user
Michigan-USA
360 Posts

Profile of Jewls
It's helpful to practice in a small entry way that is cleaned out, or any small space with hard floors so the balls don't get away from you. I have seen bounce passing with 14. You can work the wall into your pattern as well.
ns
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
238 Posts

Profile of ns
Force bouncing is something I'm no good at. Lift bouncing makes most bounce juggling fairly easy opposed to fighting gravity (in my findings).

For me the 5 ball bounce has always been a fav. I can't force bounce it for more than about 7 throws (or drops), but love the look.

I wouldn't bother getting silicones. I have a set and they simply aren't worth the money. Renegade bounce balls have my highest recommendation when it comes to bouncing.

My favorite 3 ball bounce is to drop all three at the same time so they hit the ground at the same time. I start in colums and lift bounce the middle one, force bounce the outer two. Looks and sounds really cool
samcat
View Profile
New user
Bristol, Uk
13 Posts

Profile of samcat
The balls I have are very very bouncy, got them from the gadget shop here in the uk, cost a whopping £1 each (not much really). Very smooth, no blemishes what-so-ever Smile

Getting the hang of three now Smile

Cya,
Sam C
There is nothing more conformist than mass non-conformancy.
Jewls
View Profile
Veteran user
Michigan-USA
360 Posts

Profile of Jewls
Sometimes the super bouncy balls are too fast, the best bounce jugglers I know were at our juggling festival earlier this month and they were speaking of why they prefer the silicone balls over the Renegade bouncers and it was because the Renegades bounced to high and fast.
Now this is just the opinion of two bounce juggling passers but man you should see these guys it looks like the lottery show!!! They use 3" Silicones and yep they have good runs with 14 in lift bounce passing. Experiment with different balls on different surfaces.
Force bounce is when you throw the balls to the floor. Lift bounce is when you toss them up a little and let gravity take over.
ac-magic
View Profile
Regular user
South East UK
149 Posts

Profile of ac-magic
Where did you guys learn from? I have a dvd, but I can't play it on any of my dvd players... I bought it from a shop in the uk called oddballs.

Any help would be most appreciated

Ali
A Smile, mind reading, funny escape artist wanna-be
Arkadia
View Profile
Special user
Sweden, Sundsvall
866 Posts

Profile of Arkadia
Ali: I have to recomend Charlie Dancey yet again. In his ball book there's lots of different tricks and versions with bounce balls.

--

I am planning to start practising bounce, but I have a problem with surfaces. I would likt to be able to practise at my ordinary place, so I'll have to cobstruct some kind of surface to lay out.

Also, I see some disadvantages about performing bounce juggling. But it would be wonderfull to do a five ball routine with bounce and ordinary juggling.

How hard it the fice ball lift-bounce pattern? I am solid in my five ball juggling.

/Ark
Don't miss out on the great new mentalist magic: www.metalwriting.com
ac-magic
View Profile
Regular user
South East UK
149 Posts

Profile of ac-magic
Marble is a good surface, plus any sort of tiles ina kitchen floor work well. I kind of picked up the basic three ball bounce fairly-ish quickly but really need some guidance.

Cheers
Ali
sbroomheadsr
View Profile
New user
Retired, so I only have
59 Posts

Profile of sbroomheadsr
I have had good luck when practicing on a linoleum over concrete floor (Office Depot while waiting for my wife). Aiming for a single square has helped me quite a bit. And some squares are better than others.
S Broomhead
ac-magic
View Profile
Regular user
South East UK
149 Posts

Profile of ac-magic
I cracked on just the second day! I dunno whether or not this is good or abd seeing as I could already 3 ball juggle in the air... What I need the DVD for now is further guidance for 5 balls and other tricks etc...

Cheers
Ali
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Catch this if you can! » » Any bounce jugglers here? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL