The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Popped and Restored Balloon: repAIR by Michael Kent (41 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
Glenn Watson
View Profile
Special user
781 Posts

Profile of Glenn Watson
Is there a way to get the new tips for those who bought the original download?
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2543 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
Any suggestions on how to pop the balloon without many pieces going flying overtime? It seems overtime I try this effect that is what happens.
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2543 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
*that is supposed to say every time not overtime. Seems auto correct strikes again.
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1990 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
I just purchased this and the effect is excellent. What you see is what you get, a hands clean balloon restoration. No, you cannot hand out the restored and re-inflated balloon but that is no big deal. I want to use this to open with, then tie off the restored and inflated balloon, only to pop it again to produce a bottle ala splash bottle. The other follow up would be to do Mark Jennest's Billoon. For those worried about extra pieces for the Billoon follow up, I would have the spectator pop the balloon and pocket the balloon I'm holding while they pick up the dollar. After that, everything would look like it should, unless you are performing for NASA scientists.

As far as the extra pieces flying off, you could inflate the balloon less to lessen that chances if flies apart. One could also hold the balloon against ones chest and pop it with the pencil pointing towards the magicians chest. That might reduce the flying parts but I have not tested that idea. If the pieces fly away and that is a big deal, just tell one spectator to watch your balloon holding hand while you or a spectator pick up the pieces. Or one could act like it just doesn't matter and say the balloon still will restore without the piece, it will just be a smaller size due to the missing piece. It is all in how you frame it.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
MichaelKent
View Profile
Special user
560 Posts

Profile of MichaelKent
Hey friends! First of all, thanks for the compliments on repAIR.

As far as the pieces not flying everywhere, Paul, it seems like the sharper the instrument you're using to pop the balloon, the better. Also, make sure you're really pinching a lot of balloon and use the handling taught in the download for that. When I perform it, I usually have one or two small pieces that fly out and I talk about handling those in the download. A nice thick latex will help as well.

I've also recently been asked for a link to balloons that I suggest using for the effect. Here are the dark green qualatex 9" round ones I've been using: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0087S4......tailpage
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
Michael,

Thanks for posting the link for the proper balloons. Just placed my order and looking forward to receiving them. Smile
mjanes
View Profile
New user
Gig Harbor, WA
66 Posts

Profile of mjanes
Michael Kent is so delightful, in large part due to the enthusiasm and quick readiness-for-fun which he brings. If you have not yet seen his rendition of Snowstorm in China, don't miss it. Michael, your stylize ng and enjoyment never fail to enliven. Thank you for continuing to refresh and refine the performing art we share.
mayhem
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of mayhem
I just saw the new video from Penguin selling this, and as my new habit, I get on here and look first... Seeing how it's been out for awhile, is there any big difference on this new one that Penguin is selling?
barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
Can you believe I've been wrong on
1355 Posts

Profile of barts185
A chat with Penguin where I asked about this being the original handling or if it was updated got this reply:

This new download is entirely re-filmed with all of the most current updates to the trick.So it has everything the original did, and more.
MichaelKent
View Profile
Special user
560 Posts

Profile of MichaelKent
Hey friends! To answer a couple questions here, the re-release with Penguin was a sort of "start from scratch" project as far as footage is concerned. The method is the same - however - over the last 6 years, I have come up with some additional handling and subtleties that I think make a big difference. Those are taught in the re-release.

I'll do my best to answer any other questions!
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Off the watch the vid.
mayhem
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of mayhem
Thanks for the updates.
Philippe
View Profile
Special user
776 Posts

Profile of Philippe
Having had a most enjoyable bottle of wine, I feel obliged to again extol the virtues of this little gem. It is one of those things you keep looking for but rarely find. Do not hesitate, get it.
m.o.pfeil
View Profile
Regular user
167 Posts

Profile of m.o.pfeil
Could not agree with what has been said before. Fine effect, quick setup and very workable. My very predisposed kids did not catch anything but the flying around piece.
I actually ask the kids (I do this for kids) to pick them all up and hand them to me, as I need them all...)
I'd rather be read than (w)ri(gh)t(e)
nkwmagic
View Profile
New user
Hong Kong
39 Posts

Profile of nkwmagic
I see the potential (and temptation) to do the tricks with condoms. Suddenly there is meaning and emotion to the presentation!

(Well I note that the handling/props have to be sort of adjusted...)

But it's a lovely trick, congratulations Michael!

NKW
Check out Cadenza, a highly rated, rare marked deck:
https://legendsplayingcards.com/products/cadenza

Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/nkw.playing.cards/
CardPalHal
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of CardPalHal
Well I bought this this morning off of penguin magic but for some reason none of my downloads are even able to to view. I contacted Penguins support twice today and all they said was they email me when they figured out whatever bug was causing the issue. I went out this morning and bought balloons so that I would have this chick practiced by tonight and tomorrow to do for my family and friends at all the picnic's I'm going to. Not very happy with penguin right now.
jb13
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of jb13
I'm having the same problem with Penguin. I emailed customer support this morning, and they haven't even replied.
MichaelKent
View Profile
Special user
560 Posts

Profile of MichaelKent
I'm sorry to hear that you guys are having trouble with the downloads. I will send a note to Penguin to make sure you get taken care of!
magicbyswh
View Profile
Inner circle
North East Tennessee
1550 Posts

Profile of magicbyswh
Michael did you ever find the ideal balloons?
Creator of Cereal Brainwave, Creator of the Tossed out Book
MichaelKent
View Profile
Special user
560 Posts

Profile of MichaelKent
Yes, a post from above:

Quote:
On Jun 24, 2015, MichaelKent wrote:
I've also recently been asked for a link to balloons that I suggest using for the effect. Here are the dark green qualatex 9" round ones I've been using: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0087S4......tailpage
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Popped and Restored Balloon: repAIR by Michael Kent (41 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL