The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Crazy mom, public show (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Norden
View Profile
New user
Vancouver, BC
56 Posts

Profile of Norden
Quote:
On 2011-09-18 18:02, kenscott wrote:
When the small kids start coming up like that just start auctioning them off to the highest bidder.

Ken - I have tried that since seeing you at KIDabra - totally works and is an extra great line to use!

Mike
Norden
View Profile
New user
Vancouver, BC
56 Posts

Profile of Norden
Reading all these stories makes me feel normal!

Funny how we all have had 'that' kid in a show.

here is mine. Short and sweet.

After the show a little girl come up to me and says 'Thanks for the good magic show'. I say your welcome and then she grabs my _____ and TWISTS them. For not reason whatsoever.

Here is the shocking part. Her mom is right there and she says all calm:

"Sorry - we are trying to get her to stop that."

DO YOU THING????!!!

:)
tgs
View Profile
Regular user
142 Posts

Profile of tgs
Quote:
On 2011-09-21 02:51, MichaelCGM wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-09-20 22:48, tgs wrote: I'm willing to bet you have never done this.
Same here. Any magician treating a child-audience member like this wouldn't last long in the business. Rule #1: Never embarrass or degrade a child as part of your act.

I mean, have you ever met a child who wouldn't be screaming and crying if he were humiliated like this? Wrapped up and force-fed peanut butter? Anybody think they could finish a fun kids' magic show after breaking a child down to tears? If the guy was joking about this, it's a poorly constructed joke with no payoff. If he's serious, this sort of thing might be criminal.
Mike Brezler
View Profile
Inner circle
Waynesboro, Pa.
1114 Posts

Profile of Mike Brezler
When as child gets up and tries to help with every trick. I ask them nicely to sit down and I will call on them later. I have had kids come up to help several times and the parents don't respond. The parents should help out with the situation, but that doesn't always happen. It doesn't do much good to get upset because then the audience doesn't have as good a time and my performance will suffer. If I
know who the parent is I take the child's hand and walk them to the parent. In life as in magic not everything goes as planned and you need to go with the flow.
The Mighty Fool
View Profile
Inner circle
I feel like a big-top tent having
2140 Posts

Profile of The Mighty Fool
Quote:
On 2011-09-22 03:47, Norden wrote:
Reading all these stories makes me feel normal!

Funny how we all have had 'that' kid in a show.

here is mine. Short and sweet.

After the show a little girl come up to me and says 'Thanks for the good magic show'. I say your welcome and then she grabs my _____ and TWISTS them. For not reason whatsoever.

Here is the shocking part. Her mom is right there and she says all calm:

"Sorry - we are trying to get her to stop that."

DO YOU THING????!!!

:)

OMG are you SERIOUS??? That tops the story of the kid eating the sponge bunnies!!! I laughed myself SICK when I read this. It totaly sneaks up on you the way he writes it!

"we're trying to get her to stop..." WHAT on EARTH could have made the girl like this???
Everybody wants to beleive.....we just help them along.
Norden
View Profile
New user
Vancouver, BC
56 Posts

Profile of Norden
I know!!

I have had wands thrown at me, adults interupt - even had an adult answer his cell phone while helping with a trick - but the girl who grabs and twists wins my weirdest story! Thanks for sharing everyone!
Norden
View Profile
New user
Vancouver, BC
56 Posts

Profile of Norden
PS - some good lines for the child who keeps on coming up (I know most of you know them)

1) Ken Scott's idea of auctioning the child off
2) Usher them back to their seat while saying " Look kid - I used to be a bouncer at Toys R Us"
3) I just look at the kid and then say "SECURITY"
4) Or say "Lost child in isle 4...."

Anyone else got some lines that are soft but SHOULD get the point across?

Mike
James Adamson
View Profile
Special user
Deatsville - Holtville - Slapout, AL
945 Posts

Profile of James Adamson
Quote:
On 2011-09-24 17:12, Norden wrote:
PS - some good lines for the child who keeps on coming up (I know most of you know them)

2) Usher them back to their seat while saying " Look kid - I used to be a bouncer at Toys R Us"

Mike

Those are some good ones.

Can't image what I would have done when she grabbed you.

http://magicvalleymagic.com Come to the Free Magic Flea Market
Be remembered for performing what looks like MAGIC, not skill.
MichaelCGM
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma City
2286 Posts

Profile of MichaelCGM
Quote:
On 2011-09-24 17:12, Norden wrote:

Mike
Those are GOLD, Mike!! Mind if I borrow one or two?
Magically Yours,

Magical Michael

MagicalMichael.com Smile Laus Deo!
Norden
View Profile
New user
Vancouver, BC
56 Posts

Profile of Norden
@ MichaelCGM - sure, like Ken said the auction one is in Silly Billy's book and the others I have heard over time. The Security one is really funny and that is the one I use first, then if they come back I do the Toys R Us, then if a third time I do the auction - if a fourth time happens then I might do the direct to the parent thing and hope I don't have a parent like Jim's!!
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4632 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
Sadly, I've concluded - and realised that I'm right after countless performances - that the best solution to problems like this, is to have a loud speaker system. Just make sure you can amplify your voice enough, and you will overcome just about any difficulty during a show - particularly adult noise, and even kids interrupting.
This may sound crass, but believe me, it really is a miracle worker!
time are a changin', as ever, and no one appreciates being told not to behave in a certain manner any more. But if your voice is louder than everyone else's, you will win. And the clients will think you're God. Simple as that.
Modern Society 101. Crazy, but true.
Potty Smile
The Mighty Fool
View Profile
Inner circle
I feel like a big-top tent having
2140 Posts

Profile of The Mighty Fool
Hrmmmm.....mabye I SHOULD spring for a HappieAmp after all.
Everybody wants to beleive.....we just help them along.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I am not sure. I probably would have blocked the entrance to the stage with a few chairs.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Crazy mom, public show (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL