The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » One way back design (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Josh, you talk about "Ask Alexander"? The back or the face? Smile Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
The face, of course. Smile
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
O. K., I spotted it straight away, thought about a miss prInt for a moment, then started to laugh... Smile Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Doug McKenzie
View Profile
Veteran user
New York City
326 Posts

Profile of Doug McKenzie
Keep looking ... there's more brilliance to that deck.
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
I did notice something else on the back with the hatching on some cards. Haven't figured out the significance yet.
juggernought
View Profile
Regular user
200 Posts

Profile of juggernought
Doug is right- the Ask Alexander deck is amazing. There are some very subtle and clever qualities hidden in these cards.
TRI6KED
View Profile
Elite user
UK
421 Posts

Profile of TRI6KED
Phoenix decks have a hidden one way back design and faces of the cards also have a very subtle one way design. You can use this one way back to aid you with your memorized deck work to a great advantage.
I.M.Wright
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of I.M.Wright
The cards appear to be a one way back design, but in an obvious way. There is a more subtle one way design that leaves the very obvious one way back design looking mixed up. Even if your audience thought you would be using a one way design, they will see the obvious head one way design & realize the cards aren’t sorted for one way, but the secret one way design is still in play. Interesting the faces and backs don’t align when sorting for one way. Is there a reason for this? Are there any other secrets besides one way that I’m missing?
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
I.M.Wright Which deck are you referring to? Ask Alexander, Phoenix or another?
TazBo I am familiar with all 3 one-way features of the Phoenix decks. Which one-way feature can help with memdeck work? and How? PM if necessary, Thanks.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Terrible Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1973 Posts

Profile of Terrible Wizard
I love that phoenix cards have built in features. Very nice Smile
TRI6KED
View Profile
Elite user
UK
421 Posts

Profile of TRI6KED
Quote:
On May 21, 2018, Poof-Daddy wrote:
I.M.Wright Which deck are you referring to? Ask Alexander, Phoenix or another?
TazBo I am familiar with all 3 one-way features of the Phoenix decks. Which one-way feature can help with memdeck work? and How? PM if necessary, Thanks.

PM sent. 👍
I.M.Wright
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of I.M.Wright
Sorry, I was talking about the ask Alexander deck. And I found my answer to the one way faces question. Arrange the cards so the hidden one way is lined up and stack the cards in mnemonica to see why.
Yowie_
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Yowie_
Quote:
On Sep 29, 2011, Doug McKenzie wrote:
To answer your question ... YES. Most decks are one way, you just have to know where to look. Some are designed to be one way and those are ideal. The Conjuring Arts Research Center just put out a one way deck that's amazing.

D

Every deck of bicycles I've purchased has had a one way back design - and they come with all the cards oriented in the same direction!

I'm quute happy with USPCC's imperfect quality control Smile
danny
View Profile
Loyal user
England
269 Posts

Profile of danny
Tally Ho Fan and Circles have subtle one way designs.
Degio
View Profile
Regular user
It took me years to get to
152 Posts

Profile of Degio
Quote:
On May 23, 2018, Yowie_ wrote:
Every deck of bicycles I've purchased has had a one way back design - and they come with all the cards oriented in the same direction!

I'm quite happy with USPCC's imperfect quality control Smile

Smile Smile Smile I'm happy to see I am not the only one getting bicycle decks with off-centered backs!!
You have to be lucky to get a decent one these days.
I'm getting a few Phoenix decks to see if there's any difference and to enjoy the embedded one way features...
holdingoutflat
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of holdingoutflat
For my money, there is nothing as good as the Phoenix decks in this way
docguitarman
View Profile
Special user
Thousand Oaks, California
888 Posts

Profile of docguitarman
Two other one-way backs are "Cyclist" and "Angel Back" squeezers.
Phil
qkeli
View Profile
Special user
paris,france
792 Posts

Profile of qkeli
Hello, can someone help me with the properties of the Ask alexander deck please, is there any official info on this ? I found easily the one way face deck but wha5 about all the rest ? Please help me ?
JoeB01
View Profile
New user
Austria
5 Posts

Profile of JoeB01
Harry Riser describes a subtle technique for modifying a standard Bicycle Deck to a one way back design deck in his book Secrets Of An Escamoteur.
thegreatscungilli
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of thegreatscungilli
Yowie's comment regarding Bike decks is interesting and I have to agree with him that I am quite happy with Bikes QC in that regard. I don't see it on every deck, but some and since it seems to vary by lot it seems to be harder for the average person to detect unless they know what they are looking for.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » One way back design (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL