The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » My sister has cancer (11 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Piers
View Profile
Inner circle
A Limited Edition of
1394 Posts

Profile of Piers
Quote:
On 2011-10-11 04:37, stoneunhinged wrote:

But we did it!

Brilliant news.for all of you.

Piers.
Smile

www.justgiving.com/piers-cancer-fund

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-2

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-3

Finished my 4 months of Chemotherapy in 2009. 3 monthly checks since... and into 2021!

As seen on the QE2 and QM2.

Author of Salem's Cornucopia - SUC Book
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
I don't remember the last time any thread at the Café put such a smile on my face..... AND a lump in my throat at the same time. So happy for ALL involved that this wedding went so well.
Donal Chayce
View Profile
Inner circle
1770 Posts

Profile of Donal Chayce
Jeff, I'm continuing to hold you and Syndi and all those who love her close in heart and prayer.
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
The operation was this morning.

Bad news.

Cancer has spread throughout her entire abdomen and is into her lungs. They removed her ovaries and a tumor, but the rest can only be removed by chemotherapy.

Chemo is the only chance to save her now.

Even had I stuck to the religion of my youth, there would still be only one thing to say: God's will be done.

I'm numb.
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
This is what my mother went through. She had the exact same surgery to the very same organs. They initially only gave her two weeks to live. She fought for more than two years before growing tired of doing the chemotherapy thing. She stopped treatments of her own volition.

She said, that at least the extra time allowed her to come to terms of acceptance and allowing us to do the same.
You hang in there and show strength for those around you guy! They are looking to you for that positive and hopeful expectation of healing.

Don'tcha' dare give up hope!
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3078 Posts

Profile of AMcD
Geez!

I'm just aware of this bad news because a search thru the MC search engine brought me there :-(.

I wish her good luck. I hope someone can tamper her cards before the deal...
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
I'm glad you made the journey and saw your sister, Jeff. All the best to her for recovery and for meaningful time.

John
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2734 Posts

Profile of RS1963
I just found this thread. Very sorry to hear of this Jeff. I will certainly do all that you have asked.
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
I'm so upset I can hardly type.

Please pray or do whatever it is you do.
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1850 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
Stoneunhinged,

You are in a lot of pain my brother. I do pray for the healing of your dear sister and for peace and strenght to get you through this.

We are here to help you bear your burden

David
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1850 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
Just did what you ask.

Anytime....

David
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Quote:
On 2011-10-18 14:14, stoneunhinged wrote:

Jeff... you and your sister have not been out of my prayers since you first told us of this.

I am SO glad you made that trip and I suspect you are also.

Strength to you both,

Tim
Piers
View Profile
Inner circle
A Limited Edition of
1394 Posts

Profile of Piers
Quote:
On 2011-10-18 14:14, stoneunhinged wrote:

I am... Piers.
Smile

www.justgiving.com/piers-cancer-fund

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-2

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-3

Finished my 4 months of Chemotherapy in 2009. 3 monthly checks since... and into 2021!

As seen on the QE2 and QM2.

Author of Salem's Cornucopia - SUC Book
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Keep the faith and keep her spirts up it is serious but is cureable. It is so nice you were able to go and she could see her daughter's wedding.

My step daughter just went through the same thing. She is about 35 and it was very serious. She has only been married for 1 month. My wife and I both noticed she had put on more weight since the wedding. She is a large gal so sometimes it is hard to tell. She had been going to a free clinic and they failed to diagnose it. They found two tumors..one the size of a cantaloupe and one the size of a golf ball. They also removed over 4 liters of fluid. The surgeon is pretty confident he got it all and it had not spread. Probably about 6 doses of chemo should be enough to control things.

The worse part is her husband is a hoarder. The house she moved into (a year ago) has black mold. We really think this is what killed his mother who lived with him and probably aggreivated if not caused her condition. He does not want to leave the house. Nothing can be removed from the house because of the mold, including wedding gifts. None of us wanted this marriage but this has only added to problems. Melessia has a large, strong family thtat will not just stand by. She has been told she can never go back into that house and she accepts this. We just have to convince him or remove him from the picture.

I am sorry to go on this tangent. But the bottom line, ovarian cancer is cureable but needs to be detected. If your family or friend has become a hoarder and there are mold issues in the house, take action to get them out.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Hello Again:

I'm praying for your sister and for you right now, and will continue to do so.

Sincerely,

Ron
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
So sorry to hear about this Jeff.
Glad that she got to see your niece get married.
Hoping for the best, thinking of you,
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Also very sorry to hear about this.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
spatlind
View Profile
Special user
still moving
863 Posts

Profile of spatlind
Just came across this, very sorry to hear about it, Jeff. You'll be in our thoughts.
Actions lie louder than words - Carolyn Wells

I believe in God, only I spell it Nature - Frank Lloyd Wright.
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Good news (kinda sorta)! They are actually going to start with chemo tomorrow. It's been delayed for the whole week for reasons I don't understand, but which were apparently very discouraging. So chemo is good!

I guess.

:( Smile Smile

I remain rather confused.

But the new semester started yesterday here in Germany, so I'm teaching classes and I'm busy and am not sitting around tearful all day. Not for the last 36 hours, at least.
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Chemo is tough but it is her best hope.

I'd go easy on the cute Kitten computer links but considering Chemo is like having the Flu for months on end, try to send cheerful messages to Syndi.

I know you don't feel very cheerful but It helps to keep spirits up.

-Mary Mowder
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » My sister has cancer (11 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL