The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPearing Soon... » » Rising Card - iPhone (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JSeligstein
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of JSeligstein
Hey guys. A friend of mine worked on the Rising Card App for iPhone, and the effect is pretty great. Its fairly easy to do and a generally pretty cool. However people just keep trying to guess the method, and they're always wrong. Does anyone else use this app or something similar? What do you say when people try to guess ("Oh it must be voice activated!")
rkzad
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
138 Posts

Profile of rkzad
Yo Joel Smile

So actually, I'll often be sure to tell them in the trick as they're opening the app that "whatever they do, don't say the card out loud so the phone can't hear you. there is NO voice activation here." Fortunately it's fair to be blunt, and even if they have suspicion towards the end they'll remember it can't have been voice activation. After all, the phone was in your pocket. If they really keep on insisting, I'll end up pointing out that the phone was clearly off when I took it out of my pocket, so that's a no go either.

PS, working on that wallpaper fix now Smile
- richard
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
I bought it from app store and Its à great trick.
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Avoid the thought of voice activation by not having the spectator say the name of the card. There are many ways to do that.

For example,, use a real deck of cards in addition to the app and p**k the selected card, or use a m***ed deck to learn the identity of the selected card, or use a next-card st***ed deck to learn the identity of the selected card, or don't use a deck and combine this app with the teleFoto app, or don't use a deck and have the spectator write down the name of their thought of card on the back of your business card and slide that business card into a p**k wallet, or...
MagicMan1957
View Profile
Inner circle
1445 Posts

Profile of MagicMan1957
I use a similar APP effect by Tenyo. It looks like you jog shuffle card faces, then jog card backs, then the cards are face up and you or the volunteer start pushing cards off the face and one is face down, their named card.

Not a rising card but more like the Invisible Deck.

I think this cost .99

It's Called MAGIC SHUFFLE
BenSalinas
View Profile
Special user
Coinoscenti
746 Posts

Profile of BenSalinas
Is this the Theory 11 Rising Card app we're talking about?

I love it!

If so, does anyone know if an update is coming for iOS7?
Your Friendly Neighborhood Coin Flinger

www.SalinasMagic.com

The Modern Coin Magic blog
www.ModernCoinMagic.com
alan1954
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of alan1954
I've decided to perform this with a regular deck of cards. I do a Hindu force so I know in advance which card will be selected. However, I instruct the volunteer to say nothing. He, and everyone around him, sees the card but no one speaks. I then take out my iPhone and go immediately to the app, shake it, and the card appears. People usually run around and yell.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPearing Soon... » » Rising Card - iPhone (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL