The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Lou Serrano Marketing Course - An Honest Review (17 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Dorian Rhodell
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco, CA.
1633 Posts

Profile of Dorian Rhodell
Oh, forgot. So far...awesome. I've learned much. Looking forward to finishing it up, re-reading and beginning to take action.

Killer job Lou!

Don't let my compliment go to your head because I still hate you... Smile
Greg_Magic
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Greg_Magic
It's a little bit of a steep price tag at the moment for me but I think it might be something that I should consider getting since I am just now starting to try and break out as a professional entertainer
Dorian Rhodell
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco, CA.
1633 Posts

Profile of Dorian Rhodell
At first I thought it was a little steep as well.
That said, one show and my ROI is twice what I paid.
Of course I live in an area where performance fees run on the high side but I would imagine that if one were to raise performance fees, regardless of the geographical area, the ROI would be worth it.
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10606 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Anytime you can get your full return in one booking, price should not be a factor. That's ROI. That's a no-brainer.
misterillusion
View Profile
Special user
Roseville, California
748 Posts

Profile of misterillusion
I have read through the entire course and watched all the DVDs. My next step is to go back through again and look at all my notes in the margins and the highlighting I did. Once this is done I will call Lou for my one hour consultation--that should be really helpful. Regarding price, I think the cost is very low considering the information given. Personally my fee for just one child's birthday party show exceeds the cost of this course, plus the investment can also be used as a tax advantage.

For anyone who is hesitant to get this because it refers to marketing for "close-up magicians", do not let that stop you. The marketing teaching can be applied to stage, or stand-up magic too--or even for performers who are not magicians. There is some really great teaching in Lou's course, but it will be of no use unless you put action to the teaching. I thought I knew a lot about marketing, but Lou shares some points, where I just said "wow".

--Charlie
May every day be magic!

http://www.misterillusion.com
lou serrano
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles, CA
671 Posts

Profile of lou serrano
Dorian and Charlie,

Thank you for the positive reviews. They are greatly appreciated!

Let me know when you're ready for for your telephone consultations.

Wishing you much success!

Lou
misterillusion
View Profile
Special user
Roseville, California
748 Posts

Profile of misterillusion
I just hung up the phone with Lou and I am excited ! Part of Lou's course is a one hour telephone consultation and I have to say that the time spent during this phone call had even more value than the course itself. What I mean by that is that prior to the call I sent Lou all my current marketing materials to review. I sent this a week in advance of the call. Lou looked everything over, watched all my Youtube videos, and looked at my website all prior to the call. When we got together on the phone all the conversation was "tailor made" to my specific situation. I took many pages of hand written notes and now I have a specific plan of action to increase my business volume. I can't wait to get started.

Lou did not just put his course together with what he thinks will work. His course is based on what he did and does to create productivity and income. You can tell when you talk to Lou that he really knows what he is talking about. What he teaches is not theory, but personal experience. If you were looking for a mentor or a business advisor to do this, you would pay many times what Lou is charging for his course. If you are "on the fence" about purchasing his course....get off the fence now and order it. Get the upgraded version. It is not an expense, it is an investment, and one you will not regret.

Lou's help does not end with the course and the phone consultation. He also makes himself available after your purchase for advice and direction.

How many stars will I give it? How many stars CAN I give it. If my limit is 5 stars, I will give it 10 stars!!!

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

If anyone has any hesitation regarding purchasing Lou's course, PM me with your concerns and I will at least give you my opinion from my experience.

Have a magical day...........Charlie
May every day be magic!

http://www.misterillusion.com
francis farrell
View Profile
New user
47 Posts

Profile of francis farrell
Hi. Well, a year has passed. I'm interested in investing in a marketing course for magicians. Bit which one?! Did anybody implement Lou's ideas and build their business to six figures?
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10606 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
I would be interested to hear about this as well, as I've always believed that it requires much more than just marketing, especially seeking a six figure result.
Tim Friday
View Profile
Elite user
485 Posts

Profile of Tim Friday
Quote:
On Jun 11, 2015, francis farrell wrote:
Hi. Well, a year has passed. I'm interested in investing in a marketing course for magicians. Bit which one?! Did anybody implement Lou's ideas and build their business to six figures?

Francis, here is the answer to your question of "is it possible to build your business to six figures with Lou's course? who has done it?"
Your answer is:

How much are you willing to invest?

Many people wish for a magic pill, all they do is take the pill and get the results they wish for. If this is your belief - that all you have to do is buy Lou's course and you will suddenly begin making 6 figures, it might not be the right course for you. It is not the magic pill. However there is no magic pill.

You must be honest about what is required of you. More is required than simply buying the course. You must apply yourself. You must take action. It will require you to set goals and follow through on them. This will require time and effort and will only work if you are dedicated to the process. This is the investment you must make.

Are you willing to invest in yourself in this way?

Now, I will also share with you I own Lou's course. I have applied what he teaches and have enjoyed experiencing significant growth in my magic business. What I have experienced is the more I apply what he teaches, the more my business grows.
Lou's course is focused on getting results. Results being your income. He knows how to do it and if you do what he teaches you will experience the same.

So it's up to you. You can let another year pass. Or you could start taking action and begin to see a change in your business. Lou's course is an excellent guide in helping you learn what actions to take.
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10606 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
[quote]On Jun 11, 2015, Tim Friday wrote:
Quote:

Francis, here is the answer to your question of "is it possible to build your business to six figures with Lou's course? who has done it?"
Your answer is:

How much are you willing to invest?

No, that wasn't the question. He was looking for someone that took the course and wanted to know if the specific desired results were achidved. Big difference.

As for the rest of what you posted, that can be said for any course, program or method.
Tim Friday
View Profile
Elite user
485 Posts

Profile of Tim Friday
Mindpro, to give any other answer then the one I have already supplied, I require additional info from Francis.

His question:
Quote:

Read between the lines of his question. Consider the context. Also consider he has only made 35 posts, you are often quick to bring up someone's post count so I learned that from you.

His question came across to me as a challenging, antagonistic question, the way it is phrased. It made me wonder, could this be the work of a troll?

Francis, here is my request for you:
1) Please rephrase your question
2) Furthermore, please think about some specific areas you want to grow your business, and ask questions about those

Francis, if you do this I will be glad to share more with you about Lou's course and how it relates to your specific requests. This will be a more productive exchange. Otherwise I stand by my first answer.
charliecheckers
View Profile
Inner circle
1969 Posts

Profile of charliecheckers
To me, the inquiry seemed genuine. While post count is low, membership has been for longer than just about any of us. Previous posts show no sign of a troll. Asking if anyone experienced the desired outcome is very fair. Of course, not everyone purchasing a given course achieves (or even expects to archive) the stated goal. For example, I purchased James Mutton's course Zero to Booked Solid. Being booked solid was not my expected return, so while I benefitted from the course, I would not be qualified to say if one applied themselves as directed what the outcome would be. The very best insights one who is considering purchasing a course could receive, is from one who did, applied the learnings and achieved the results. Why asking is interpreted as a troll seems a bit off.
Tim Friday
View Profile
Elite user
485 Posts

Profile of Tim Friday
Quote:
On Jun 11, 2015, charliecheckers wrote:
To me, the inquiry seemed genuine. While post count is low, membership has been for longer than just about any of us. Previous posts show no sign of a troll. Asking if anyone experienced the desired outcome is very fair. Of course, not everyone purchasing a given course achieves (or even expects to archive) the stated goal. For example, I purchased James Mutton's course Zero to Booked Solid. Being booked solid was not my expected return, so while I benefitted from the course, I would not be qualified to say if one applied themselves as directed what the outcome would be. The very best insights one who is considering purchasing a course could receive, is from one who did, applied the learnings and achieved the results. Why asking is interpreted as a troll seems a bit off.

Thank you Charlie, that is a good way of saying it.
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
3171 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Last year, Mindpro had this to say about the price of Lou’s course:

Quote:
On May 11, 2014, Mindpro wrote:
Anytime you can get your full return in one booking, price should not be a factor. That's ROI. That's a no-brainer.

I agree, you should judge it by what you CAN get from it.

I personally would recommend any of Lou’s products. He is the real deal.

Tom
lou serrano
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles, CA
671 Posts

Profile of lou serrano
I didn't think of Francis' question as being non-genuine. He did sign up to my marketing list, so hopefully he'll find value in the FREE tips on marketing and business development I send out from time to time.

I know of several people who have implemented the ideas I share in my system who currently make a six-figure income, although I have no idea if they're members of the Magic Café. If they are members here, hopefully they'll chime in.

I should let people know that I recently updated, revised, and expanded the system. In the next few weeks I'll be completely changing the website.

Once the website changes, I'll no longer be offering a physical product. It will be a digital product only.

I'll also be eliminating certain bonuses including the FREE one-hour telephone consultation. The phone consultation is one of the most valuable components of the current offer. During that consultation we're able to create a plan that is specific to your particular situation and goals. We're able to go over your current marketing materials and devise a plan to maximize their effectiveness. You're also able to ask any questions you like about the business, and I hold nothing back. During that consultation I am an open book.

Once I change the website, the only consultations I'll be offering will come in the form of a coaching program which will require an investment of several thousand dollars per year, so there is a benefit to investing in the current offer.

I'm also so confident that you will receive tremendous value in my program that I offer a 100% Better-Than-Your Money-Back Guarantee! The details are all there on the SixFigureMagic.com website.

Wishing you all much success!

Lou Serrano
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Lou, are planning to put together a stand-up course in the future?
lou serrano
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles, CA
671 Posts

Profile of lou serrano
Dynamike, I have no plans releasing another marketing and business development product for magicians. There just isn't enough money in it to justify the time and effort it takes to release such a product. Unfortunately most magicians are interested in more tricks, not on how to run a successful business. So my time and energy is best applied to projects that give a better ROI.

With that being said, all the techniques, principles, and strategies I teach in The REAL Secrets course are the exact same strategies I use to book stand-up and stage shows. As you know, when it comes to marketing, you have to pick a lane. You can't be all things to all people, so when I released this product, I chose a lane. That lane is close-up magicians. I figured it was the group of people I could offer the most benefit. With that being said, these days I book just as many stand-up and stage shows as I do close-up shows.

All the best!

Lou Serrano
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10606 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Quote:
On Jun 11, 2015, Tim Friday wrote:

Read between the lines of his question. Consider the context. Also consider he has only made 35 posts, you are often quick to bring up someone's post count so I learned that from you.

His question came across to me as a challenging, antagonistic question, the way it is phrased. It made me wonder, could this be the work of a troll?

I find this quite odd. I'm not sure when I have ever referred to someone's low post count as a concern unless they were coming in here demanding "the goods", want to take without giving or regularly participating, or if they are here to blatantly sell, promote or push something without participation. As chaliecheckers points out he's been a longtime member. Longer than most currently here.

I too did not read it as challenging in the least or find a need to "read between the lines." Lou's promotion and domain lead one to believe this can be obtained with his materials, and he was simply inquiring to those that have purchased this course and to see if they in fact achieved this or what Lou implies is possible. I don't see it as challenging or antagonistic in any way and I don't think Lou does either.

If anything it seems to me over the last week or two here, you Tim perhaps seem more challenging in your participation here as others may have noticed as well.

Tom is right (did I just say that? Yes I did because he was agreeing with a great point I just happened to make) in that anytime you can get a ROI on one or two bookings it is a no-brainer. Charliecheckers is also right in that some have different expectations than others. I recently bought a $3,000 course not for the material but for one of the bonuses offered (a directory of professional industry contacts) that would yield at least ten times the cost of the program, so it too was a no-brainer.

The concern about Lou's course or anyone else's for that matter is you are buying their experience and knowledge and how it has worked for them. It is this area that can be most different for each of us. It is also a matter of application and execution or "taking action" as many courses explain. It is this that most I feel are truly trying to discover to see if it suits them as something they can implement and if in fact they are seeking the same results.
sjbrundage
View Profile
Loyal user
239 Posts

Profile of sjbrundage
I purchased Lou's Course a few weeks ago. Sadly with my schedule recently it has been still sitting on my shelf and I haven't had but a short moment to look through it. I look forward to when I have more free time to take a serious look at the course. With my schedule for the next few months I honest doubt I will have any time to invest into it... but hopefully this fall I can implement some of the ideas.. and also use the consultation that came along with the package.

Luckly this has been one of the greatest years ever for me! I was able to reach the amount I grossed last year within two months of shows... I wonder how much futher I could take my business if I did some real marketing and implemented some of the ideas Lou's and others teach and talk about. in
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Lou Serrano Marketing Course - An Honest Review (17 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL