The Magic Café
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » Ricky Jay (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of stine
I have an autographed playing card made out to me from Ricky Jay. I got at the Castle in 79. Anyone know what it's value may be?
View Profile
New user
Las Vegas
68 Posts

Profile of cubreporter
I do not know the exact value, but probably less than $200.00 as he is still with us! Autographs in general are less valuable when inscribed to someone. Also, several bigger name stars in the acting field go for less than $300.00. Now get him to sign a first hard cover edition of Cards as Weapons and that will hold it's value!
I am whatever I am to you.
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of NLewis
Dear stine,

It's value is priceless since it's Ricky Jay Smile In all reality, I agree with cubreporter. It's probably less than $200
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of Davina
Oh my, I wish I still had my copy of Cards as Weapons. Smile <cry>
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3710 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
And I wish my original hardback Darien House copy of Cards As Weapons was signed. He played here back in the mid to late '70s, very small auditorium. Show started and there MAY have been 10 people there. Once Ricky used a tad of bad language, a gentleman and his young son got up and left. It was a great show. Wish I'd stayed to get my book signed and maybe a couple of cards signed, but I left when it was over.

Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1426 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
A friend of mine has "Cards as Weapons" and "Learned Pigs and Fireproof Women." He met Ricky after one of his shows and asked to have the books signed. Ricky told him that he would not sign "Cards as Weapons." He's a little miffed that so many people are selling them for astronomical prices and understandably so. So there you go, Steve, he wouldn't have signed it anyway. Smile
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3710 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Oh, but the show I attended was way back when...late 1970s.

Paul Budd
View Profile
Veteran user
It's a shame he's only made
351 Posts

Profile of Paul Budd
Y'know, your question is a tough one.....I own some signed playing cards........but I've never tried to sell any.

I dunno.....since it's made out to you, I'm not sure. On a good day, if the son is a major magic auction, where people are just loaded up with dough......maybe $150.

....but, I'm no expert.
His face isn't really this long in-person!
Once Upon A Magician blog
View Profile
Elite user
Greenville, SC Not ashamed of his
465 Posts

Profile of rhettbryson
I am fortunate to still have a pristine copy of the paperback Cards as Weapons which IS autographed by RJ! I suspect it is priceless by now. (I have always wondered why this book was sold for such high prices. Surely the trade paperback had a wide release?
View Profile
Inner circle
1495 Posts

Profile of teevtee
Last year I purchased a near mint copy of the HARDBACK Cards as Weapons for $2. Yes, $2.

The actual book looks like it was never opened, still cracked when I opened it... the cover has minor shelf wear.
Just sheer luck... I was online at a used book store, saw this as listed in stock and purchased it... shipping costs more than the actual book. The whole time I was waiting for it I assumed it was going to be a xerox copy or some craziness but no... first edition hardbound book... sadly not signed but for $2 I am NOT complaining!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » Ricky Jay (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL