The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The tricks are on me! » » Emergency Room Magic (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
AndreOng1
View Profile
Regular user
SIngapore
109 Posts

Profile of AndreOng1
Interesting read always thought the seriousness of the environment will not be too good for magic.
But being able to use magic as "an instant distraction turning fear into cheer" as NurseRob said it, really change my mind toward whether it be appropriate performing in hospitals.
dr_catman
View Profile
New user
Singapore
1 Post

Profile of dr_catman
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum and would like to thank you for letting me in Smile

I'm quite new to performing magic but have always enjoyed it. Decided to take it up again with my eldest! Oh boy, we both have jumped in full on!

As a clinician in the paediatric field, I find magic really does do wonders. Not just motivating the kids themselves but their family members and the rest of the staff in the wards/clinic. After a tough day or even in the middle of a tough day, with some real sad stories, a little bit of magic really helps everyone go on.

In fact on a personal level, magic has helped me pull through and motivate me with my own medical issues. Just watching a trick well executed is motivating. Seeing the excitement it brings to others is priceless and pushes me to try and be better and bring more to the table quite literally!

On that topic, I was wondering what kind of magic you as a community have found useful/most appropriate in the hospital Setting? Any tips and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
RowB
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of RowB
My friend David has been killing it with mixing medicine and magic:

http://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-new......-n711096
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The tricks are on me! » » Emergency Room Magic (7 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 2.46 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL