The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Bill switches in Aust (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Hugh Entwistle
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Profile of Hugh Entwistle
Hi I'm from AUstralia and was wondering if there were any DVDs specifically aimed at Australian currency (Our Bills don't fold as well and are harder to operate) Should I just practise and practise or can someone shed a new light on the matter?
macca_accam
View Profile
New user
Australia
67 Posts

Profile of macca_accam
Hi Hugh, I'll be interested to hear some responses to this if anyone has any. I don't do any bill work as of yet however I did try an Extreme Burn setup with our bills and it just wasn't any good. Otherwise you can still practice with american bills and make some stories to go with them, not quite as impromptu but still some great effects.

Cheers - Jason.
liampower
View Profile
Regular user
australia
180 Posts

Profile of liampower
With enough practice you can do most bill switches. I perform money morph (Kevin King's variation on Mike Klosowski's classic billswitch) several times a night when working. Sam powers has performed pat page's easy money (which extreme burn, hundy 500 etc are based on) on tv with Australian money. Simon Cornell has an amazing billswitch that as far as I'm aware is his creation and not for sale but check it out to see what is possible with plastic notes. If you wanted to do a similar(but not quite as good IMHO) as Simon's check out Richard Sanders visi-bill.

No dvds that specifically targeted to plastic notes that I know of

Anyway hope this helps

Liam
Daz Buckley
View Profile
Elite user
Australia
453 Posts

Profile of Daz Buckley
Bill switches are fine with polymer money. There are no DVD's that I am aware of, but I can tell you from experience that a the slipperier feel of polymer bills makes it easier to remove a bill from a tt. Just keep practising because this effect is worth it., It really plays into what people would do if they could really do magic - magic with a reason.
A Birthday Magician
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of A Birthday Magician
I do a version of extreme burn with paper to australian money...and have been doing it for 15 years...ozzie money works fine...any question pm me. I am excited because I have switched out the paper in the gimmick for Tyvek...wow this new gimmick will last forever
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1592 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
Our NZ Plastic money is similar..
I use the Ammar Bill switch using Blank Paper the same size
and the transformation to a coloured Bill in 4 folds then unfold is very spectacular and gets
a lot of comments at close up events etc...especially the corporate events I work...
People love Money!!
Tim Ellis
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melbourne, Australia
1197 Posts

Profile of Tim Ellis
I have an effect in my book call BILL TO ANYTHING that works best with plastic money

http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/TimEllis
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Bill switches in Aust (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.056519 seconds, requiring 26 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [4] [9] [9] [8] [0] [9] [3] [5]