The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Magic Tea Kettle (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Paul Jester
View Profile
Special user
UK
759 Posts

Profile of Paul Jester
It does have a screw hole in the bottom, but the hole has been sealed with some sealant so wont leak and the gaff can't be removed. My concern was if the washer and screw would be food safe. Having tried to smooth the chips in the enamel and repaint it, I think I need to simply source a suitable metal teapot and make my own again. I've got a working set in porcelain, I just wanted a more travel friendly set up too. Thanks for the tip on the silicone aquarium sealant, I'll be using that on my next build!
harbour
View Profile
Loyal user
283 Posts

Profile of harbour
@Bill, I didn't know Stevens sold one like that, but that is exactly what I was suggesting.
I've seen this performed a couple of different times and was always impressed by the custom kettles and the perfomers who, I imagined, made it themselves. So much so, I ended up making one myself, years ago, and it brings the house down everytime.

@Paul, Drug Stores, Target, and I imagine Walmart have those small 2-6oz plastic travel containers. Buy a bunch and put exactly what you need and the quantity in your own little bottle.
Good Luck.
remote guy
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
534 Posts

Profile of remote guy
Mystic Kettle performed at the 2:50 mark https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McNx45wLEd8
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2445 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
I have a nice one I will sell,
jasonmcconnie
View Profile
New user
canada
58 Posts

Profile of jasonmcconnie
Any thoughts on concentrated "drink making" agents? Food colouring and OOM are obvious choices.
john wills
View Profile
Special user
939 Posts

Profile of john wills
Jasonmcconnie,
You can find the answer later on in the secret part of this forum.
jasonmcconnie
View Profile
New user
canada
58 Posts

Profile of jasonmcconnie
Saw some great and useful ideas. Thank you Mr Wills.
mikefallen
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of mikefallen
It is all in the literature...
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Quote:
On Mar 26, 2013, KIDDMAGIC wrote:
Yes I've seen Mr. Cohen perform this on his TV special. Impressive, but unfortunately I don't think that gadget magic does much to build reputaions these days, but I could be wrong. I'll stick with my 15.99 from Target version! LOL!

Steve Cohen was on the cover of M.U.M. not too long ago. I believe his Magic Tea Kettle was there with him on the cover photo. I think Steve's Tea Kettle routine has played a huge role in building his reputation.
Mister Mystery
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
LAN BURSKY just published a fabulous book.titled THINK-A-DRINK
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW AND MORE.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Pete, it is Alan Bursky, and here is a link to the notice on the Café.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......start=60

It is not a book, but a book on CD or an eBook as they are called now.
remote guy
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
534 Posts

Profile of remote guy
JL608
View Profile
Regular user
192 Posts

Profile of JL608
Credit for these versions of the Magic Kettle needs to go to Paul Daniels and Gil Leaney who were the first to create a brilliant "hands off" remote operated kettle.

If you ever have a chance to see Paul's full routine you'll be amazed. It was actually performed twice on his BBC television show because so many magicians thought he was using stooges, they did it again with random audience members.

Joe
StripeySocks
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of StripeySocks
Hi all,

I'm looking for a place to buy the basic Magic Kettle trick in the UK. Or, if someone over in the UK would be willing to build one... I really, REALLY love the idea of the Think-A-Drink kettle, but this trick will be a part of an aerial/circus show, which will have a few bits of magic added in, so, I don't think we would be able to afford the lovely Think-A-Drink.

Another trick I'm looking to purchase is the Coffee to Confetti trick... I found one, but it turned out to be a very cheap (and un-glued when it arriced!) gag.

Any suggestions or tips, etc. are greatly appreciated! Thanks very much!

...Stacy
Bursky
View Profile
New user
West Hollywood, Ca.
78 Posts

Profile of Bursky
Stacy,
Any drink called for can be performed for a couple of dollars per show.
All you need is grain alcohol or vodka. Drink essences, food coloring, and some liquid droppers. I think
the droppers are called medicine droppers. Drug stores sell 2 in a package for about $3.00
Alan Bursky
StripeySocks
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of StripeySocks
Thanks for the info, Alan Smile Greatly appreciated!

I've just purchased the MAK Magic Tea Kettle and am practicing away with the food coloring... trying to get the right amount, trying to get it so it's not visible, etc.

Hopefully I can get that down and then advance on to the Any Drink trick... that one still amazes me!
Thanks again!
...Stacy
Oliver Ross
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1724 Posts

Profile of Oliver Ross
Here's a link of a very good liquid act of the german magician Ully Loop. I can't tell which version he is using, but it looks very interesting.

The kettle part starts at approximately at 1:50.

http://www.myvideo.de/watch/5795467/Ully_Loop

Just to help you understand a bit the german words :

Wasser = water
heiss = hot
frisches or frischer = fresh

If someone knows which version he uses, I would be interested to know. Personally I think that he combined two different versions.

Enjoy.

Oliver.
rhettbryson
View Profile
Elite user
Greenville, SC Not ashamed of his
406 Posts

Profile of rhettbryson
I couldn’t watch the video. It showed me 2 ads then locked in a still screen????
Oliver Ross
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1724 Posts

Profile of Oliver Ross
Rhett,

The video link did the same to me. So I "recharged" it, and after a little time it started after the two adds.

Oliver.
bertolla
View Profile
New user
Switzerland
84 Posts

Profile of bertolla
Hi,

I have the Kettle also in my routine including a great climax. Watch my trailer:
https://vimeo.com/130837141

But... credits go to Master himself. Here is the video from Paul Daniels:
https://vimeo.com/130921877
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Magic Tea Kettle (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL