The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Xavier BELMONT Morgan dollar set (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1476 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
Quote:
On 2012-05-23 15:24, J-Mac wrote:
I very rarely use my Ike and my quarter TUCs - actually I never use those two! (The Ike is very, very loose magnetically and I only perform with quarters when I borrow coins from a spectator and I usually don't have the quarter TUC with me on those occasions!)

Jim


I know Mr. Tango has indicated that it is "normal" for some TUC's to be loose (and has discouraged any remedial action), but I think this is a problem with your TUC and you should get it serviced or replaced. I love my Morgan TUC and you should love your Ike.

Alternatively, you could ask Mr. Tango if the m****t is Neo or non-Neo and if not, recharge it yourself by the method you posted on another thread. Smile Smile Smile
Daniel Clemente
View Profile
Special user
Mount Joy, PA
783 Posts

Profile of Daniel Clemente
Thanks for your review Alan!
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5210 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Quote:
On 2012-05-23 23:46, BanzaiMagic wrote:

I know Mr. Tango has indicated that it is "normal" for some TUC's to be loose (and has discouraged any remedial action), but I think this is a problem with your TUC and you should get it serviced or replaced. I love my Morgan TUC and you should love your Ike.

Alternatively, you could ask Mr. Tango if the m****t is Neo or non-Neo and if not, recharge it yourself by the method you posted on another thread. Smile Smile Smile


The Ike magnet didn't loose strength over time; it was like that when I received it.

And you saw how Mr. Tango responded to that post... he doesn’t want anything to do with it - says it's perfectly normal for some TUCs to be that way. I have had similar reactions with poorly made expanded shells. Other than half-dollar TUCs I just basically stay away from Tango products. That way I don’t have to deal with the "service" anymore.

Thank you.

Jim
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3224 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
Alan, Your experience mirrors mine with some manufacturers and quality issues (NOTE: I have never purchased a Tango product directly from Tango). I've been extremely disappointed with cheap gaffs, broken gaffs and poor "service", that is, haughty attitudes. On the other hand, I am thoroughly elated with quality coins and the craftsmanship, art, that can last a lifetime. I hate to say it, but it seems the junk comes with the territory. Glad we have a forum like this to share our experiences.
TH

Occupy Your Dream
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1476 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
Quote:
On 2012-05-24 11:26, J-Mac wrote:
The Ike magnet didn't loose strength over time; it was like that when I received it.

Jim


No, I got that it arrived that way. That was just my poor attempt at humor.

On the issue of your low strength TUC, although I do not have one like it, I believe you and the others who have posted on the Café stating that it is a problem. I think Mr. Tango should solve it for you, either with service or replacement. The TUC is the top of their line of coin gaffs, and if he doesn't stand by a defective model, what do you have?

One solution (which you should not have to do if Mr. Tango did the right thing): You might try to replace the magnet yourself with a neo and a teflon disc. They come in a bunch of sizes now and you might need to experiment with different sizes, but that would be better than putting it in a drawer.
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1476 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
Quote:
On 2012-05-24 11:45, Atom3339 wrote:
Glad we have a forum like this to share our experiences.


Couldn't agree more. Some time ago a very long thread was dedicated to Roy Kueppers' business and I think Roy and everyone else learned more than a thing or two. As a result, I am more likely to buy from Roy as I now know what to expect.

I genuinely like Xavier. He is passionate about his work and the fact that he charges a bit more than Mr. Tango perhaps means that he can afford more and better service. I won't know unless something goes wrong with my Ambivalence (hopefully never!), but I do get the impression that he wants me to be satisfied - always a good sign.

Alan
Xavier Belmont
View Profile
New user
France
18 Posts

Profile of Xavier Belmont
Thanks Alan for your nice words on my job.

I post some precisions on the Ambivalence.

Ambivalence can be give in the spectators hands (Even if the spectator is a magician!). But if you say : "Look ! this is a gimmicked coin...", your spectator can see the gimmicked zone ! I'm a coins craftman not the God of gimicked coins...

But if I make Ambivalence without teflon and you add teflon it's normal you lost the fine adjustment I do... I can add teflon if you order that, but in this case I must reduce the insert coin thickeness. (Just 0.1mm less)

The move to use Ambivalence is very easy when you understand the thumb position.
This part is very important because it's simple but if you do not put your thumb in the good zone you have a big problem to use the coin. And as spectator do not know this part the coin can't open in his hand...

Sorry to insist on this point, Ambivalence is easy to use if you do what to do.

The wooden box is a special kind for my "set complet", but of any order I take time to do a pretty box. I work in this moment on a coins bag line, for one or many coins.

I can make what you want, this is the reason as I have no stock. I make exactly that you want, just for you.

If you have a question send me an Email it's the most simple way for me. If I do not respond in two or three days repet the question (it's possible I lost or I forgot Email...). use x.belmont@free.fr


In last part, I'm a little bit busy in this moment. I transfer my workshop in a new larger zone, and and my wife is not feeling perfectly well during her pregnancy. Nothing serious but she has 40 years and I must to take some time to look after our five children while she rests. Many thanks you to my customers for their patience, I really try not to be too late.

Nice to see you on my table in Blackpool during the next FISM
You have an idea ? You have a problem ? Ask me a solution !

Magically your,

Xavier.
http://xavierbelmont.com
xav5000
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of xav5000
Salut Xav!
Félicitations!
Mais tu vas bientot avoir une équipe de foot a la maison!!!
I shall want to add that, as you said to me,AMBIVALENCE can be done in all the sizes (formats):Dollars,Half Dollars...)
Preacherman
View Profile
New user
Montana, where I've facetiously added
66 Posts

Profile of Preacherman
Beautiful set of coins! Momma always told me if I had to ask, I couldn't afford them...I don't read or speak French, so I didn't learn much from the website. But, wow! I might have to start a coin fund and get a set of coins from Xavier!
"The right hand is, of course, the hand with the thumb to the left side." Fred Kaps

"A little magic now and then never hurts" Grandpa Munster
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8080 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Quote:
On 2012-06-02 07:14, Xavier Belmont wrote:
Thanks Alan for your nice words on my job.

I post some precisions on the Ambivalence.

Ambivalence can be give in the spectators hands (Even if the spectator is a magician!). But if you say : "Look ! this is a gimmicked coin...", your spectator can see the gimmicked zone ! I'm a coins craftman not the God of gimicked coins...

But if I make Ambivalence without teflon and you add teflon it's normal you lost the fine adjustment I do... I can add teflon if you order that, but in this case I must reduce the insert coin thickeness. (Just 0.1mm less)

The move to use Ambivalence is very easy when you understand the thumb position.
This part is very important because it's simple but if you do not put your thumb in the good zone you have a big problem to use the coin. And as spectator do not know this part the coin can't open in his hand...

Sorry to insist on this point, Ambivalence is easy to use if you do what to do.

The wooden box is a special kind for my "set complet", but of any order I take time to do a pretty box. I work in this moment on a coins bag line, for one or many coins.

I can make what you want, this is the reason as I have no stock. I make exactly that you want, just for you.

If you have a question send me an Email it's the most simple way for me. If I do not respond in two or three days repet the question (it's possible I lost or I forgot Email...). use x.belmont@free.fr


In last part, I'm a little bit busy in this moment. I transfer my workshop in a new larger zone, and and my wife is not feeling perfectly well during her pregnancy. Nothing serious but she has 40 years and I must to take some time to look after our five children while she rests. Many thanks you to my customers for their patience, I really try not to be too late.

Nice to see you on my table in Blackpool during the next FISM


Now see, this is a really great guy. Smile

Thanks Xavier for your great work and courteousness. Truly appreciate this sort of response as to business dealings. I mean you're not here in America, English is not your first language, you have a wife and 5 kids with one on the way, you take your time to do every order yourself and you respond with character and grace to be respected. Much appreciated here my friend. Smile I've always said that good quality and good service doesn't have to be mutually exclusive, unless you allow it to be.

My best to your lovely wife and the new little craftsman (maybe) on the way. Smile

-Mb (USA)
*Check out my latest: Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at www.VinnyMarini.com Smile

"Not much new under the sun I hear but under the moon, well who knows, that just might be a horse of a different color." -Mb Smile
bazza2302
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of bazza2302
I just received (after a little more than a 2 year wait) my fantastic set of coins from Xavier. I have a set complete done in Napoleon II coins, as well as an ambivalence set in French Hercule coin, additional insert with gold plating, and several gold plated, or gold/silver faced coins to go with it. Only thing I wish I'd added was a Chinese coin of similar size to be used with the set complete and ambivalence. As of now I have no routine in mind specifically for these, but they make a fantastic addition to my collection, real craftsmanship made the 28 month wait worth it! Smile
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
3970 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Quote:
On May 11, 2018, bazza2302 wrote:
...real craftsmanship made the 28 month wait worth it! Smile


28 months...

Image
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
EasyK
View Profile
New user
The secret is in one of my
77 Posts

Profile of EasyK
Quote:
On May 11, 2018, Chessmann wrote:
Quote:
On May 11, 2018, bazza2302 wrote:
...real craftsmanship made the 28 month wait worth it! Smile


28 months...

Image



That made me laugh Smile
'My brain is the key that sets me free.'
- Harry Houdini
bazza2302
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of bazza2302
Yeah 28 months, began to wonder if they would ever arrive! But at least I was able to actually place an order, with some other coin gaffers I've not even been able to do that.
bazza2302
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of bazza2302
EasyK
View Profile
New user
The secret is in one of my
77 Posts

Profile of EasyK
Quote:
On May 14, 2018, bazza2302 wrote:
Photos and details on my blog https://illusionistblog.wordpress.com/20......omplete/


They look so fine Smile I hope he will take orders again after he is finished with the backlog.
'My brain is the key that sets me free.'
- Harry Houdini
StarManager
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
562 Posts

Profile of StarManager
Better or worse than Lassen coins?
"I'm a professional magician and once in a while I even work." Jonathan Todd Excelsior (StarManager)
bazza2302
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of bazza2302
Quote:
On May 28, 2018, StarManager wrote:
Better or worse than Lassen coins?


I'd say the Lassen coins I have (I only have one set, a Su and Moon set) are better fit and workmanship. On saying that it's just so hard to order anything from him (I'm always late to grab something he posts on his blog, requested items via email and don't get responses) I had no choice really but to order from someone else.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Xavier BELMONT Morgan dollar set (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.31 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL