The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Fake Tarot and Palm Readers - Interesting worldwide (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..14~15~16
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9988 Posts

Profile of funsway
Quote:
On 2012-03-20 07:18, visionquest wrote:
One thing is for sure. You won't see this mentioned in any material produced on readings for magicians or mentalists and yet it is a very powerful technique which will improve your readings immensely. we go in an attempt to explain my contradictory stance.

I wasn't going to comment on this thread, but universal statements like this have to be challenged (not just yours, but everyones). You are offering an opinion. Its worth is measured in the value of your experience and ability to express your opinion in concise and congruent ways. But any attempt to change than opinion into a universal maxim is unfounded and fallacious. It takes only one exception to disprove a universal statement.

I have a published book "Fain Faire Sooth" focusing on the Elements of Determination common to all forms of divination including psychics, fortune tellers, financial analysts, psychologists, priests, teachers and more. You do not have to be psychic in order to profoundly apply divination techniques -- in fact, "removing yourself" is often essential (opinion). Far from any requirement to heightened intuition or special talent, the ability to "selflessly" guide another though self-discovery is based on principles like integrity, presence, organization and listening. The choice of "method" is secondary.

These are personal opinions based on lifetime research into how people communicate and make decisions. They were written down not to establish any "truth" or universal claim, but to provide a mirror in which any professional can appraise his/her efforts in assisting other people. What I can claim is that anyone following these guidelines will have 100% success in their divination efforts -- because you will refuse to give a "presentiment" in any situation in which success is not predetermined.

No paranormal or psychic ability. No prayer. No guesswork. Just flat denial of your universal claims on this thread.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
visionquest
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of visionquest
By all means feel free to ignore what I said. It was not intended for people who do not do psychic readings to make money. It was written for hustlers rather than intellectuals.
visionquest
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of visionquest
Incidentally, I forgot to mention that I have read Ken's book referenced above. A little obscure and heavy going for me, I am afraid. I prefer things to be a little less professorial and street wise. Still, I will certainly concede that there are those who may find his approach to these matters to be intellectually stimulating. I am just trying to earn a living and impart what I have learned through decades of this work to those who may wish to avail of my experience. That is all I can do. If people wish to accept what I say then great. If they don't I will just have to live with it and carry on as best I can.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Quote:
On 2012-03-20 09:33, visionquest wrote:
By all means feel free to ignore what I said. It was not intended for people who do not do psychic readings to make money. It was written for hustlers rather than intellectuals.

Sorry if I misunderstood - are you saying you are a hustler? As what you do you are sharing for hustlers?

Pray on!
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Simon (Ted) Edwards
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1528 Posts

Profile of Simon (Ted) Edwards
Quote:
On 2012-03-20 10:02, visionquest wrote:
Incidentally, I forgot to mention that I have read Ken's book referenced above. A little obscure and heavy going for me, I am afraid.

I think that this is an understatement. That book is, in my honest opinion, unreadable. I know because I tried a few years back and provided 'funsway' with my feedback.
T.

PS. If visionquest is who I think he is, he has plenty of real-world experience in both providing psychic readings and in winding people up on internet forums Smile
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9988 Posts

Profile of funsway
Fair assessment, Simon. Methinks I tied to pack way too much information in a single book. That is why I have given the book away free to any who can convince me of their willingness to endure ;-) -- the feedback will help me refine any future efforts.

The key is the validity of the information -- for each to extract what is useful and discard the rest.

It is easier to understand if the books "Magment of Figmentation" and "Phinominal Propengicks" are explored first. I don't always write to sell books -- but to get ideas down before senility sets in.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2708 Posts

Profile of kinesis
Quote:
On 2012-03-20 13:01, Simon (Ted) Edwards wrote:

If visionquest is who I think he is, he has plenty of real-world experience in both providing psychic readings and in winding people up on internet forums Smile

I agree, I think we may be thinking along thae same lines.

Derek
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein

FACEBOOK
kambiz
View Profile
Inner circle
Perth, down by the cool of the pool
1129 Posts

Profile of kambiz
I agree with Simon and kinesis. Had I not known who visionquest is, I may have been more forthcoming with my wife's approach to readings and how it ties in with prayer.

For now, let me just say that along with compassion, one of the most important qualities a reader may possess is sincerity. The recital of prayers without the sincerity of recognizing the Supreme Power you are invoking limits the tremendous impact prayer can have on a reading, simply because it lacks sincerity, and the sitter will pick up on sincerity and integrity more than the simple "hustlers" compassion

Just a small snippet to challenge your thinking visionquest Smile

Kam
If I speak forth, many a mind will shatter,
And if I write, many a pen will break.
.....and when I consider my own self, lo, I find it coarser than clay!
visionquest
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of visionquest
Of course I am a "hustler". But then so is a company executive or a property developer. There are a number of professional entertainers on this site. They have to be hustlers too to survive. Young lawyers, doctors and accountants just starting out in their professions have to be hustlers. Even funeral undertakers hustle for business. Some of you are hinting that there is something reprehensible about being a hustler. Well there isn't. Everyone has to earn a living and if they are self employed they have to hustle.

I have done thousands upon thousands of readings. They didn't come out of nowhere. I had to hustle to get them. For example this weekend I will probably do more readings than many of you will do in a whole year and in some cases decades. But I have to hustle to get them to sign up with me. So sure, I am a hustler. So bloody what?

As for sincerity I suppose we are going to get the usual inane jokes stating that if you can fake sincerity you have it made. I will simply say that my clients have no problem picking up on my "sincerity and integrity". I have as much sincerity and integrity as anyone doing readings and my sense of ethics is very thorough and in any material I have produced for magicians regarding this I have emphasised how important ethical behaviour in readings are. In fact I bet I can say without contradiction that no authority on readings who has ever produced material for magicians on this type of work has spent as much time on ethics as I have. Sure, if you actually are daft enough to believe in God you are in a stronger position and I have mentioned that already. However, for those lesser mortals like the rest of us my system and methodology of prayer is better than nothing and it works very well.

No. Sincerity is not a particular problem for me.
visionquest
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of visionquest
How very odd! As a result of this thread I have received rather a lot of orders for my various psychic courses despite it not being my original intention. I noticed a great resurgence of interest in my psychic DVDs and when I asked the buyers how they had heard of me they cited the most wondrous magic Café and this thread in particular. But here is the odd thing. I have not told anyone who I am or where I can be contacted. It appears many of you are more psychic than I first thought and therefore don't need my material in the first place. Still, I never turn away business and shall consider it an exchange of psychic energy. I exchange my energy and you exchange your money. I consider that to be quite a commendable exercise in metaphysics.
CarlZen
View Profile
Special user
751 Posts

Profile of CarlZen
Visionquest I have been following this thread very carefully.One thing I can say you know What you are talking about keep up the good work.
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
I'm glad I read this again - Mark is really on to something here.
Voodini
View Profile
Inner circle
1783 Posts

Profile of Voodini
Thoroughly enjoyable, and always good value! Smile
Voodini - cold reading, past life regressions, remote viewing, Q&A, palm reading, bizarre & seance...
www.readerofminds.co.uk
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Quote:
On Mar 20, 2012, kambiz wrote:
I agree with Simon and kinesis. Had I not known who visionquest is, I may have been more forthcoming with my wife's approach to readings and how it ties in with prayer.

For now, let me just say that along with compassion, one of the most important qualities a reader may possess is sincerity. The recital of prayers without the sincerity of recognizing the Supreme Power you are invoking limits the tremendous impact prayer can have on a reading, simply because it lacks sincerity, and the sitter will pick up on sincerity and integrity more than the simple "hustlers" compassion

Just a small snippet to challenge your thinking visionquest Smile

Kam

I really enjoyed this post by Kam. It speaks volumes in just a few words.

Tony
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Since its resurrection, I have read the whole thread with interest. It seems to me that some of the most important ideas were largely ignored, whilst much nitpicking took place.

With that in mind, here is a little bit more nitpicking.

One charming fellow informed the thread of his credentials as a philosophy graduate from UCLA, then very kindly devoted much time and effort to pointing out fallacious reasoning in others' arguments.

This continued for some time, until the gentleman in question took an elegant swallow dive of intellectual rigour, and invoked Hoyle's fallacy, making a teleological argument and dressing it up as the argument from improbability. This was very amusing, as of course, the argument from improbability itself can be used devastatingly to show, not prove, that the existence of God is actually wildly improbable, so much so that it becomes a worthless proposition.

This leaves me with only two, burning questions: exactly what sort of philosophy do they teach at UCLA? and do they just let anybody graduate? Inquiring minds wish to know. Smile
Rolyan
View Profile
Special user
I'm fencing in my land; so far there are
590 Posts

Profile of Rolyan
It's threads like this one that make me genuinely glad I'm a 'magical entertainer' and not a mentalist/psychic/charlatan etc.
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
I know what you mean!

But there is one post in particular, from a vastly experienced psychic who uses Tarot cards, which goes into great detail about how he 'does' what he does. No woo, no BS, just decades of experience and a respectful attitude to his clients. All most other people seemed to want to do was to argue about religion. My primary feeling of gratitude is that I have been taught critical thinking.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Fake Tarot and Palm Readers - Interesting worldwide (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..14~15~16
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL