The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Control Show Sounds With Show Cues (11 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..9..14..19..24..29..31~32~33 [Next]
Carl Andrews
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
749 Posts

Profile of Carl Andrews
Show Cues - versions for iPhone/iPod Touch and iPad

Sound Control System Designed By Professionals For Professionals

“Show Cues” runs your entire show with a device you carry in your pocket:

- Unlimited Playlists
- Loads Any Track From Your iDevice
- Play/Pause, Fade-Out And Auto-Pause At Next Track
- Real-Time Clock
- Countdown Timer With Warning Alert And Sound
- Indicator Light Buttons Show Playback State
- Large Track Title Display
- Works Manually Or With Remote Control (remote sold separately)
- Plugs Into Any Sound System (cables sold separately)

With “Show Cues,” you could bundle it with the purchase of a new iPad and
it would still costs less than other sound devices on the market.

If your looking for something super simple and effective,
“Show Cues” does the trick!

"The ONLY App I need to run my entire show from. Perfect for ventriloquists,
magicians, speakers - anybody who wants to run an entire show from an iPad or iPhone! By far THE BEST app on the market."
- Paul Romhany, Professional Magician

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/show-cues/id525349932?mt=8
Michael Messing
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville, TN
1817 Posts

Profile of Michael Messing
Do you have an videos demonstrating its use? The description is intriguing but there aren't enough details on it.
MAGICBYTIM
View Profile
Special user
Louisiana
531 Posts

Profile of MAGICBYTIM
Will this have an option to control bluetooth as in using iPad for music and iPhone to comtrol.
Also, is it possible to have a trial period or trial version. The price point is high for an app that may or may not fill someone's needs. Maybe the trial version only let's you have one play list with limited number of songs to try.
Just my thoughts.
Thanks
Tim
g0thike
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of g0thike
Carl,

Though I applaud you for this App.

However, it is $60.00 bucks.

Winamp is Free.

You got to drop the price to start seeing purchases.

Plus your review from Paul Rohmany is not credible. The guy reviews and sells everything.

I can properly review it if you want.

G
g0thike
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of g0thike
Jason and I started the IPod with ABT remote thing in 2005.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......start=30
shawn popp
View Profile
Veteran user
Denver
313 Posts

Profile of shawn popp
The ShowCues app plus a remote will set you back $110. A simple but extremely effective way to control your show music.

Lets compare
A Virtual Soundman was nearly $1000 - no longer available
MP3 Tech is $1800 with the readout display
even the DigiSelect will set you back over $190 (and you need a laptop - add another $250 minimum)

A vast number of people own and use iPods, iPhones and iPads... (9.75 million, 16 million, 7.3 million respectively sold in 2011)

With ShowCues, you can use the device you likely already have. If you don't already have one, you can buy a iDevice refurbished for a fraction of the original cost with a full warranty.

Currently Best Buy is offering the iPhone 4 for $49. (Cowboom has the iPad 2 for $310 and an iPod touch for $145)

So for as little as $160 you can have a new iPhone, Show Cues and a custom programmed RF remote (including the appropriate cables - a $20 value!).
You could buy an iPhone, iPod, AND and iPad and still not spend as much as you would for the MP3 Tech.

Simple, effective and affordable.

$60 for an app may be high, but when you see what it does and compare it to other systems, its a great deal.
Michael Messing
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville, TN
1817 Posts

Quote:
On 2012-05-18 22:05, Shawn Griffin wrote:...
$60 for an app may be high, but when you see what it does and compare it to other systems, its a great deal.

That's the problem. I haven't seen what it does. I've just seen a list with no demo nor user guide to familiarize myself with what it does and how to use it. I'm not interested in spending $60 to find out I don't like working with it.
g0thike
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of g0thike
Shawn,

Actually its $75-$100 for a Pre-owned Netbook.It has a built-in display.
PC Remote $20-$65.00
Winamp Software= Free

Total Cost $95.00 (low-end)

By the way, I doubt the ABT remotes are custom programmed.

VS.

IPod used $40
ABT Remote $30
VGA Cable $30
Show Cues $60
Portable Video Display $100
Total Cost $260

However you can't use the remote receiver and VGA out Cable at the same time.

G
garydunn
View Profile
Veteran user
Glasgow
303 Posts

Profile of garydunn
Actually, g0thike - you're a mile out!! I currently use an iJet remote in all my shows, and when I saw this app, thought I'd give it a try. I have an iPhone and an iPad already - so what's to lose.

The app is very, very good indeed. I bought it for my iPhone, but put it onto my iPad too, and it works a dream. You launch the app, press 'SELECT TRACKS' - you then select a playlist for a show (which you set up in iTunes), press 'add all songs' and you're all done. As soon as you tilt your device into landscape mode, the display fills the screen - on an iPad large and clear enough to be seen across the biggest stage.

The display shows - The Track Name in BIG white letters on a black background, and below there's a coloured button in the corner.
It displays one of three colours - YELLOW - The next track is cued and ready to go. GREEN - The track is playing. RED - the track is fading out.

It really is simple to use and easy to see. This will work with a current iJet Nav remote. The only thing is, to fade a track (and it's only a small thing) you need to hold the skip forward button on the remote for a fraction longer - almost like you want to Fast Forward the track you're on. This will activate the fade out. When the current track finishes, or you fade out, the next track will auto cue and you just press play when you're good to go.

I've spoke to Tim at iJet this week, and the custom remote (and it is a custom remote for this app) has a designated fade button on it, plus all the usual great features you get from iJet.

So REAL costs:

iPhone or iPad: COST $0 You already have one, or how are you buying this app??
Custom Showcues iJet Remote COST $49.99
VGA Cable COST $0 NOT NEEDED - the display on your iPhone or iPad is used
Show Cues COST $60
Portable Video Display COST $0 NOT NEEDED - See above!!

TOTAL COST $109.99 - for a kick ass, up to date modern slick looking bit of kit!

I've used this all week in shows, so it's still new to me - but it ROCKS. Great system, great price! I'll try and post a video review on YouTube in the next few days!

P.S. I am not affiliated to either of the companies making these products, I just appreciate quality and anything that makes my show look and sound more professional.

Gary

P.P.S. Macs ROCK! You can stick your PC's!!
Michael Messing
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville, TN
1817 Posts

Gary, thanks for that report. That's what I've been looking for: an explanation of how you use it.

I also found the YouTube video on how to set it up:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeW5mIHgXh4&feature=youtu.be
Carl Andrews
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
749 Posts

Profile of Carl Andrews
G0thike,

I am sure you could rig up something cheaper to run your sound and that's fine but it would not have half the features of Show Cues. Nor would it have the slick interface and yes we have a custom remote built to my specifications just for use with Show Cues.

As the add says it is by professionals for professionals and many of them are buying Show Cues. For the working Pro who wants the features we offer and to control a show from their iPhone, $60 is a great price! In fact I would have bought it at twice the price.

BTW Paul Rohmany is a well respected working pro and not affiliated with my App in any way, your attack on him totally unfair!

Thank you Shawn and Gary!

Aloha,
Carl
g0thike
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of g0thike
Carl,

Gary Dunn said that he already uses a ABT IJet remote with his shows. "I currently use an iJet remote in all my shows....This will work with a current iJet Nav remote". He bought your ShowCue app and it worked with his existing ABT IJet.

Currently it sells for $24.95. So that brings me to the conclusion that either Gary Dunn is lying or your marking up those remotes by 50%.

Also your app was uploaded into Itunes on the 14th with a Paul Romhany review. As we speak, your app has no reviews on Itunes. Paul, though a working professional reviews everything, I even own one of his products. I am puzzled how Paul installed the App before it was on Itunes.

FYI, a laptop would run circles around your ShowCue app. Las Vegas and Broadway Professional shows run on computers.

I do recommend a 50% off sale for your APP for the first 30 days.

G
Working Professional Magician, Illusionist and Geek.
Carl Andrews
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
749 Posts

Profile of Carl Andrews
The existing iJet remote does work but an even better remote especially made for Show Cues, as I told you, is available and comes with dock, cable and adapter. Everything you need to hook up.

Several people had access to the App before it was on iTunes. Most developers use beta testers to work out the App before it hits the App store.

This App is made so you don't have to carry a laptop. You already carry your phone now use it to run your show.

You are not getting the point at all and wrong on all your conclusions. I don't mind if Show Cues is not for you but don't post your incorrect assumptions, wrongly accuse people or call them liars. You simply don't know what you are talking about.

The App is selling very well already and will not be 50% off, it is already at a low enough price point and even that was decided after talking to many working pro's, some suggested it sell for more!
James Munton
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, TX
1199 Posts

Profile of James Munton
Do you have a link for the remote?
Also does the app prevent the screen going to sleep?

A suggestion for a future revision... Have a visual alarm - e.g. The screen flashes red.

Best,
James
Michael Messing
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville, TN
1817 Posts

James,

Check this page for some info on the remote:
http://www.conjuringcabinet.com/index.ph......s-remote
Carl Andrews
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
749 Posts

Profile of Carl Andrews
James the app does prevent sleep mode and
Does turn red when the timer reaches the time you set.
Thanks!
garydunn
View Profile
Veteran user
Glasgow
303 Posts

Profile of garydunn
G0thike,

Well, I've never been called a liar before on these pages....

I don't understand why you're being down on this app. It's a well designed piece of kit for the working pro. It's not designed to run a West End Musical, or a Las Vegas Show, but for me and hundreds of others out in the 'trenches' gigging for a living, it's fantastic!

I used this at all my four gigs yesterday. A kids Birthday Party, a First Holy Communion Party, a 60th Birthday and finally at The Scottish Hotel Awards 2012 for an audience of 2000. The first three gigs, I worked solo with my iJet Nav remote.... No problems at all! It's reassuring now that I can glance at the iPad and see the next cue ready to go. The final gig last night, I handed my iPad to the sound engineer to run my cues - which he did, superbly. He LOVED this app - quote 'I'm having that!'

I don't know about you guys Stateside, but here I paid £40 for Show Cues. I don't class that as expensive for a well thought out and easy to use app.

Gary
illusions & reality
View Profile
Special user
Saskatoon, SK, CANADA
859 Posts

Profile of illusions & reality
Hey Guys,

This sounds like a fantastic, well thought out app to me. I own an ipad 3 and I will be ordering today. I owned 2 different versions of Virtual Soundman (7.0 and icue2) and they could be finicky.

Carl, I own an ijet. It is unclear about the difference in your remote. Can you share the differences between he remotes?

Also, what is the range on your remote?

Thanks again for putting this product out!

Warm regards,
Lou Leventhal
Carl Andrews
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
749 Posts

Profile of Carl Andrews
Lou,

The existing iJet remote does work but I had an even better remote especially made for Show Cues by iJet. The biggest difference is the new remote has a button added for doing the fade-out. The current iJet remote uses the FF button to fade and go to the next track but because it does double duty, it takes a slow soft touch to do the fade. The new remote solves that problem with a dedicated fade button. It also has a nicer size, look and feel. The range is 150 ft. around corners and through walls.

Enjoy it and Thank You!
Carl
Eyes of Darkness
View Profile
Regular user
137 Posts

Profile of Eyes of Darkness
Carl,
Does this have an autofade with an auto pause on the next track? I do agree that a video demo would be great. I am excited about this though. I am not switching to a PC.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Control Show Sounds With Show Cues (11 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..9..14..19..24..29..31~32~33 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL