The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Control Show Sounds With Show Cues (11 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..27~28~29~30~31~32~33 [Next]
Carl Andrews
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
749 Posts

Profile of Carl Andrews
Special Sale this weekend only to celebrate the release of Show Cues 3.0. The App as well as the remote will both be 20% off Friday - Sunday. This is the weekend to SAVE $$$. Please pass the word, Mahalo!

Show Cues 3.0
now universal app, one app fits all Apple devices
new facelift
added playlist title to play screen
added ability to duplicate a playlist
added warning pop-up when trying to play a track in the iCloud
added manual timer start, pause and reset
enabled forward and back buttons to stop individual track delay count down if needed
Tony Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
North Carolina
1248 Posts

Profile of Tony Thomas
So if we bought the app earlier for the iPod, can we get it now on our phone? How? When I go to the App Store from my phone it shows a price in the box...
From the Encouraging Magic of...
Tony Thomas
www.magictonythomas.com
Tony Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
North Carolina
1248 Posts

Profile of Tony Thomas
I figured it out. From the phone, select the App Store, select updates, select my purchases, there are two categories of apps listed - All or Not on the Phone. In one or the other, find the showcues app and hit the Cloud Download symbol. FYI.
Tony Thomas
www.magictonythomas.com
Carl Andrews
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
749 Posts

Profile of Carl Andrews
Thanks Tony you are correct. Enjoy!
Carl
John Martin
View Profile
Inner circle
1017 Posts

Profile of John Martin
Used 3.0 today. Works great. Thank for the update.

John
Carl Andrews
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
749 Posts

Profile of Carl Andrews
Thanks John

Carl
Tony Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
North Carolina
1248 Posts

Profile of Tony Thomas
Carl - Any knowledge of when or if ijet will update their remote for iPhone 5 / 6 connections so you don't need the lightening adapter?
Tony Thomas
www.magictonythomas.com
Carl Andrews
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
749 Posts

Profile of Carl Andrews
Tony, iJet does not seem very responsive to an update at this time. We will have an exciting new remote to tell you about in the next couple months.

Carl
magicmanfrank
View Profile
Inner circle
1127 Posts

Profile of magicmanfrank
Let the countdown begin....

=Frank=
The Early Bird may get the Worm, but it's the SECOND Mouse that gets the CHEESE!!!

Frank Thurston

www.FrankThurstonMagic.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Magic-of-Frank-Thurston/116625117910?ref=nf
TDS
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of TDS
Thanks Carl.

For clarification purposes, is this the same remote you spoke about last year:

April 7, 2014 Carl Andrews said, "the new remote should be ready in the next couple months"

June 8, 2014, Carl states, "this summer sometime"

September 4, 2014, we hear "early 2015"

September 6, 2014, he says, "These things take time to perfect so please be patient"

Best always,

Team Deceptively Simple
www.DeceptivelySimple.com
We offer Apple's Lightning connector, long-range transmitter and it's available right now!
MikeDes
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal
1174 Posts

Profile of MikeDes
Lol! I love Show Cues but the remote saga has been kind of ridiculous. I use the adapter...no issues whatsoever with that.
Tony Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
North Carolina
1248 Posts

Profile of Tony Thomas
Thanks Carl. There are a lot of haters on this thread. 😀. I really like the updates in the 3.0 version, BTW.

I hope there is a new remote that comes out in a couple of months. That would be perfect and I will certainly buy it. I use an Ijet remote that I bought a lot of years ago, back when it didn't need an adaptor. Now I use the adaptor, but have been thinking it wouldn't hurt to update the remote, But, I would hate to update it and then have a new remote released the next month. Thanks....
Tony Thomas
www.magictonythomas.com
Carl Andrews
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
749 Posts

Profile of Carl Andrews
Tony, I would wait for the new remote. It will be the best on the market by a long shot.

Thanks for your support,
Carl
TDS
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of TDS
Tony,

Assuming your recent "haters" comment was directed toward Deceptively Simple, we thought it made sense to clarify that none of us "hate" Carl Andrews or Show Cues. We simply pointed out Carl has overstated the possible availability of the new remote several times. Many Café members have pointed this out with some degree of frustration.

It's also worth mentioning that in his recent statement, Carl did not say the new remote would be available in two months but rather, "We will have an exciting new remote to tell you about in the next couple months." Based on that statement, it looks like you and others will have to continue waiting. Perhaps Carl can further clarify as to the actual availability.

Based on personal experience, building hardware to interface with Apple products (particularly those with the newer Lightning connector) is not trivial. The various "specs" one must follow are hundreds of pages in length and at times extremely technical. Once the product is built, the Apple approval process is equally challenging. What you're seeing is Carl working with a developer as they work their way through the process. Many run out of money prior to approval and simply go away.

When we set out to make Cue Command, we decided it was primarily a hardware solution. We invested in superior engineering talent and made sure we had the proper funding to see the device through completion and Apple's approval. The result is a platform 100% owned by Deceptively Simple, Inc. We control the hardware and the app and will never overstate the availability or capability of either. We will continue innovating and in fact, we're working on a new app update right now.

When you and others are tired of waiting for something that may or may not ever become available, we'd love to have you as a customer. You'd be in very good company.

Best always,

Team Deceptively Simple
www.DeceptivelySimple.com
Tony Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
North Carolina
1248 Posts

Profile of Tony Thomas
It seems to me that if you want to talk about how great your product is, then start your own thread and let your customers chime in. There are probably several threads like this on the Café that you could resurrect. It also seems to me that it should be the job of customers to criticize & complain about products, or broken promises, and not competitors. So, of course I don't think you hate Carl. But I think you hate business competition and want to gain advantage where you can. Sometimes, to display class in the midst of completion it is better to say nothing, if you can't say something nice. My mother taught me that. Just something to think about.
Tony Thomas
www.magictonythomas.com
Carl Andrews
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
749 Posts

Profile of Carl Andrews
The remote control's website is now online, AudioApe. This is the best remote on the market by far with a range of 1000 feet!

www.audioaperemote.com

Thanks,
Carl
MikeDes
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal
1174 Posts

Profile of MikeDes
So now the remote will need a stand and power cord for the receiver? Kind of defeats the purpose. I need things to be cordless! Really disappointed in the price too (and this is the early adopter price!).

Standard Ape $299
Remote, Receiver, iOS stand and Power Adaptor

Silver Back $439
Remote, Receiver, iOS stand, Power Adaptor
Monkey Pause foot controller, DI box and T-Shirt

King Kong $529
2 Remotes, 1 Receiver, iOS stand and Power Adaptor
Monkey Pause foot controller, DI interface, Portable Battery power, T-Shirt and Trade secrets of show automation.
magicjoe
View Profile
Special user
758 Posts

Profile of magicjoe
Mike I saw that also. Im still a little confused of what the situp is because it says 1000 feet but then talks about stands and stuff. I would love a real picture.
gothike
View Profile
Elite user
463 Posts

Profile of gothike
Guys,

http://audioaperemote.com/pricing

There are two type of antennas. Passive and Active. Passive is the Ijet with NO power draw, Active antennas draw power but the range is wayyy longer.

Just by looking at the picture of the remote they are using Linx Technologies parts. I use the same remotes on my PC and I get 1,000 ft. Now for $299 its a good price for a long range remote control system for a Apple device.

Or you can buy a Linx Tech evaluation kit at $125, PIC microcontroller, lighting connector/30pin connector and then program it.

Their remote control is below and I can verify that Linx Technologies produces long range, quality RF.

The Only unknown is customer service and if they deliver as promised.

Control your Show Music from a PC from 800 ft away with a remote control. Send me a message to find out how......
magicjoe
View Profile
Special user
758 Posts

Profile of magicjoe
Gothike

Is this your device? what is the hook up in ipod? Im not to worried about long range at this point in my career just reliable and also operate with a Ipod 6th generation. So any new ipod or phone. not the old lighting ( I think its called) charging device.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Control Show Sounds With Show Cues (11 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..27~28~29~30~31~32~33 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL